What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs to @Spl@ and @Goonergal for unexpectedly high fbg level - usually puts a damper on "the Gift of a Brand New Day" - (a guy called John King played that song every morning 1st year at Uni - Harvey Andrews song). My 2nd early start (about 1 hr ago) disappointing 5.3 and failure to find the control box for tree lights had seemed like a Dementor's kiss but put in context, not quite so awful. Have great days but please play nice and share your toys:angelic:
@Emma_369 best wishes for tests but judging by numbers you post and menus you will ace it all/knock it out the park/get wicked results.
Edit: Found the tree lights controls - stand down men

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. sorry to hear about the unexpected high readings this morning. Somethings are just a blip or else unexplainable for the moment. Mine are 5.9 this morning. This mornings as frosty as you like here. Sparkling away just like its a December morning. Enjoy your day if you possibly can ..

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="ianpspurs, post: 1939916, member:
@Emma_369 best wishes for tests but judging by numbers you post and menus you will ace it all/knock it out the park/get wicked results.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you - I hope so. Know some people get some rogue results compared to what meter and mySugr app predict so crossing everything I’m a lucky one who matches up

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all weather looks promising for our journey back from the north with mum - car will be packed to the gunnels with all her gear she does not travel light!
Fbg 5.0 this morning
@Emma_369 hope blood draw goes well at least getting it done early in week. I had it done on a Thursday last time and had to wait all weekend! I’m sure your result will be improved with your way of eating etc.
@Goonergal sounds a very odd reading for you not at all in line sounds like you may be fighting a bug? Know you’re testing on two meters otherwise I’d blame the strips and or meter.
Hope everyone has a good day I’d better step to it and get on with squeezing stuff into car!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@Goonergal -- Hugs. Keeping my fingers crossed that later today blood sugars will be back to normal.
@Spl@ -- Frustrating. Is it possible that you are coming down with a bug. I had this often happen after the stress stopped. Else could this be a bad pot of strips?
@Emma_369 -- Good luck with your blood tests. I echo what the others have said -- based on your readings, you will probably hit this out of the ballpark.
@shelley262 -- Have a safe trip back home. How long will you be driving. Btw, yesterday turned out not to be too bad, just took my an hour longer to get to work. Have experienced worse in the past.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.3.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A dastardly 7.3 this morning. Worried because I have my HBA1c next Monday. I can see insulin waving to me. So hugs to all who are having higher than expected FBGs. It just sucks the joy out of the day. Am going to get the guest beds Christmas ready today and write my cards. So much to do.
Have a great Tuesday everyone, stay well, safe and if possible hypo free.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who abhor, plus not like the brexit nonsense that's going on, but it's nice to see democracy in parliament working for once.
Shock and horror this morning my bloods were 4.9, abit of a blow below the belt because I have to drive this morning.
Well folks the parole board threw me and my other me's out with the excuse that I was behaving myselves hehehehe.
Have a good day folks I will. I have my traffic warden costume and a pouch full of fake parking tickets. Tip avoid Reading ( it's bad for the eyes in low light ) .