Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. Older grandson’s birthday today, can’t believe nine years have flown by since the drama of his birth. Proud granny here, he’s a great kid, but then all grandchildren are.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, a bit of excitement over on twitter this morning, so I'm here a bit late. Anyway, blood sugar ok overnight, did need a small correction, but better than the previous night, so maybe changing the levemir was right.

My blood sugar is now going down slowly, latest reading is 4.8, when at this time of day it should normally be rising. So I'm going to have to eat some carbs and go off and do things.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been running a decent levels( for me )for past 24 hours. 6.2 going to bed woke up at 2am with a 3.4, took 4 jelly beans but 30 mins later had dropped to 3.1. Took another 8 jelly beans woke with a 6.4, whoo hoo.

Now my morning BG usually spike really badly around 3 hours after taking my Novoslow. I have however increased my bolus, now taking 1:3 ratio with brekkie. 3 hours later sitting at 5.7, had a couple of biccies and now at 12.30 sitting at 6.4. looks like this could be my new ratio

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning, me and Skoda got to the supermarket and back no problem yesterday so I'll now breath easy
I was an outrageous glutton yesterday pike caviar, TOAST and prosecco for lunch but over corrected myself into a hypo 2.8. I've never done that and wondered if it might have been because I started a new Novoslug pen. Anyway, it threw me into a panic eating frenzy where I was literally stuffing anything remotely carb like into my mouth. And the result, yes I imagine quiet a few of you know what happened............. hit the roof
Now I understand what you all meant by talking about yoyo.
No toast today. Sometimes it's difficult being married to a non D
Ah, @SueJB, It happens to us all. And you may have started a set of brand new lyrics for 'hypo remorse', to the song:
" No milk today .....":singing::singing::singing:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Ah, @SueJB, It happens to us all. And you may have started a set of brand new lyrics for 'hypo remorse', to the song:
" No milk today .....":singing::singing::singing:
Thanks @kitedoc for the reassurance and for the new song. Unfortunately, I seem to be on a bread roll:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Had more toast for lunch, hilo bread @5g a slice so only had 7.5g and along with 2 Heck sausages 2gish but feeling a little glutton yet again with a glass of white port. Herman's Hermits, the original lyrics are a blast!!
A little question on the side, do you and everyone on the forum get mood swings with big changes in BG? I've gone from funny to nasty in the space of 5 minutes:arghh: Absolutely no control, worried

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A little question on the side, do you and everyone on the forum get mood swings with big changes in BG? I've gone from funny to nasty in the space of 5 minutes:arghh: Absolutely no control, worried

I must say, my moods have stabilised a fair bit since I've managed to get my BG levels under control. There's definitely a correlation. Now I'm almost permanently grumpy! :(

Reactions: therower

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I must say, my moods have stabilised a fair bit since I've managed to get my BG levels under control. There's definitely a correlation. Now I'm almost permanently grumpy! :(
Hi @Colin of Kent my levels have generally been OK but yesterday and today have been manic and not like anything I've ever experienced. I'm usually perpetually upbeat and happy so these huge sweeps of changing emotions is a completely weird thing for me.
I rarely get angry and now the slightest thing seems to send me over the edge. I wanted fresh shitake mushrooms today and Mr B brought back dried. Totally unacceptable, angry, weepy response. Worried

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Colin of Kent my levels have generally been OK but yesterday and today have been manic and not like anything I've ever experienced. I'm usually perpetually upbeat and happy so these huge sweeps of changing emotions is a completely weird thing for me.
I rarely get angry and now the slightest thing seems to send me over the edge. I wanted fresh shitake mushrooms today and Mr B brought back dried. Totally unacceptable, angry, weepy response. Worried
Interesting. And worrying indeed. I'd guess there's something more than BG levels at play... Moon phase? Hormones?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1544462646059.jpg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Interesting. And worrying indeed. I'd guess there's something more than BG levels at play... Moon phase? Hormones?
Possibly moon, hormones long gone. I was wondering though. In my record food diary I record basal and bolus and just checked and there's not basal noted this morning. Wonder if that's the problem?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a quick veggie question. Do you guys normally bolus for veg like cauliflower and turnip, just a normal size helping. I know there are carbs in them but believe they digest so slowly so may not need to be counted. TIA

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C . Thanks for the award mate. Recipient of my own award??? Not sure that’s legit:).
@slip . Yes I am a big softie;) . Problem is I look like a hitman for the Mafia ( apparently).

So woke today at 11+, bit miffed as I usually aim for below 10. Did breakfast and a more than adequate correction dose.
3 hours later I’m sitting at 9+:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Okay me thinks. I’ll have one, on it’s own, single shot of novo. Just enough to drop me to the 6’s.
40 mins later I’m going down quicker than Franz Klammer with his a*** on fire on a ski slope:banghead::banghead::banghead:.

Managed to rein it back in ( just ). Glucotabs, banana, hula hoops and a pack of 4 choccie biscuits did the trick. Was expecting a huge rebound but amazingly rose up to the 8’s and settled down.

My only conclusion is that the 1 unit if novo must have been pure , 100%, no messing , top grade insulin.:):):).

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB . Skodas !!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve been driving them for the last 20 yrs give or take.
Favorit, Octavia, Fabia, Roomster x 2 and currently a Yeti.
I’ve had bits fall off and go bouncing down the road, windows fall out , electrics reminiscent of Ever Ready batteries, warning lights that had nothing to do actual problem etc etc:)
One thing has always been constant though.........they have all got me to where I wanted, needed to be.;)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a quick veggie question. Do you guys normally bolus for veg like cauliflower and turnip, just a normal size helping. I know there are carbs in them but believe they digest so slowly so may not need to be counted. TIA

I don't bother with counting veg related carbs unless I'm having a very slow, inactive day with none of the usual carbs I'd bolus for.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening insulin addicts!

Busy and looooooong day today, but good. I’ve noticed significant foot on the floor stuff this week on days I’ve been working, thanks liver. I’ll wake in the fives, and by the time I’m ten miles up the road, I’m in the eights. Takes until lunchtime to bring it down. Now I’ve either cut my morning basal too much on work days, or I need to clobber it before it happens without being so aggressive with the insulin that I go hypo when I’m trying to drive. Not working tomorrow, so a bit of a lie in - will be interesting to see if it happens when I get up at eight instead of six. It’s just been the three days this week, so I’m tentatively linking it to getting up for work. Hmmm. Going out for my first CFR shift tomorrow! I wonder what we’ll get?

I have to bolus for every single gram of carb I eat, both on MDI and the Omnipod.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi smc4761 i myself personally dont bolus for veg ive just had cauli broccoli and carrots and didnt bolus for them and i never bolus for salad either although i do for fruit