Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, it's go get goose day. I'm going try my hand at some LC biscuits, need to find the recipe first..... then on my bike.
Madam rose to 5.5 this morning which is only just about acceptable because of the little bits of stollen Mr B kept tempting me with.
As a thought, how much water does everyone drink? Does drinking more make you feel/look better?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Rain, rain and I think a bit more rain to come later.
Novorapid has been a bit slow first thing the last few mornings, 1hr+ before any action. Today , thought I’d play it crafty, do a 45 min pre bolus. Yep, 3.8 from 8.7 within 20 mins which meant a change of breakfast plans.
Nice to see people getting ready for Christmas Day. Quiet day planned for us, the grandkids are at “ the other” grandparents :(:(. Christmas Day planned in for Thursday, so not in any rush at the moment.
May everyone’s plans for the day go nice and smooth. Remember stress = high bloods. And take care out there.......
IT IS RAINING!!!!!,

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Twice a day. I've kept the morning does the same, because the loss of effectiveness is swallowed up by adjustments for food intake, so it doesn't matter as much. But when I get a gentle overnight peak in the low sevens from 7 units, for the first two weeks of a new levemir pen, it's very frustrating when it starts creeping higher. 8 is now having more or less the same effect.

It's interesting how much easier it is to see this effect with libre.
Yes, that certainly is the advantage of the continuous readings. Does the manufacturer of levemir (Nordisk) have anything to say about the loss of effectiveness ?

Reactions: Alison54321

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Rain, rain and I think a bit more rain to come later.
Novorapid has been a bit slow first thing the last few mornings, 1hr+ before any action. Today , thought I’d play it crafty, do a 45 min pre bolus. Yep, 3.8 from 8.7 within 20 mins which meant a change of breakfast plans.
Nice to see people getting ready for Christmas Day. Quiet day planned for us, the grandkids are at “ the other” grandparents :(:(. Christmas Day planned in for Thursday, so not in any rush at the moment.
May everyone’s plans for the day go nice and smooth. Remember stress = high bloods. And take care out there.......
IT IS RAINING!!!!!,
@therower, not here it isn't! We were meant to have heavy showers this morning but none yet, so I've been for a long walk with my dog and a friend. Woke up at 7.1, forgot to check 2 hours after breakfast but 6.1 after walking so I'm feeling smug (until it all goes wrong because I've tempted fate/got the wrong colour socks/it's Sunday etc etc etc) ;)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 . Put the kettle on. Shorts and t-shirt are going on. Oh, by the way, where is “ here ?”:):)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Work over for a while, holiday cottage Wi-Fi worked out, walked round botanic gardens hunting red squirrels and have read Sunday paper magazines. However, forgot to pack the gifts from Father Christmas - Hope the lie about him having delivered them to home works. I am a bad mother. I am now cringing every time child mentions Santa or anyone asks her if she is excited.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Work over for a while, holiday cottage Wi-Fi worked out, walked round botanic gardens hunting red squirrels and have read Sunday paper magazines. However, forgot to pack the gifts from Father Christmas - Hope the lie about him having delivered them to home works. I am a bad mother. I am now cringing every time child mentions Santa or anyone asks her if she is excited.

If it's a gift to Santa, you would always buy something like a nice bottle of vino, so that he can ejoy it when he's relaxing after his rounds, then you could probably make it disappear, somehow, after the big event?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diakat . Oops :banghead::banghead::banghead: Everything else sounds good though. I’m sure Santa can somehow be blamed for delivering to the wrong address.
Have a great Christmas.:)

Reactions: Diakat and hh1

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Isn't the usual story of wonderment regarding Santa finding kids. "You got a chip in yer head. He'll track you." ;)

I normally use the "chariots of the gods" angle when my niece tracks the big guy's progress on an iPad app.. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does she use the NORAD Santa Tracker? https://www.noradsanta.org/

Not this one.. But I quite like the look of it. Adds a bit do danger to FC's mission.? :cool::nailbiting:

"NORAD’s Mission
"We have the watch."
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) is a United States and Canada bi-national organization which defends the homeland through aerospace warning, aerospace control, and maritime warning for North America. Aerospace warning includes the monitoring of man-made objects in space, and the detection, validation, and warning of attack against North America whether by aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles, through mutual support arrangements with other commands."

Gosh, I hope he don't spark some international incident....! ;)