1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Which village? I’m in Mark about 10 miles from Bridgwater

2. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Hubby’s just gone to work as well. At least there’s not too much traffic about at the moment!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

We holidayed in Wedmore this year. If only I’d have known. I could have popped over to show you my summer shorts. ( yellow with cerise piping ):cool: :):):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Morning all and Merry Christmas :)

Stay well, keep hydrated and as chilled out as possible, and if it all get's too much take a walk. That's the advice I'll be sticking to over the next couple of days, as well as keeping a bottle of red handy for emergencies :singing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

****, I missed out!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Any excuse!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. therower

Lucky escape ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good day to you all...!

Just have a merry Diabetmas. :D

I have no choice but to follow @Juicyj 's with the walks.. It's just another day for the dog.

Oddly, I'm not a massive fan of dog walking whilst inebriated? It's like making your way back from the pub with an even drinker buddy?, :banghead: what with all the doggy double back routing... ;)

• Like Like x 3
  9. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

yeap I'm at work, nothing on the roads yet, expect it will be busier later on.

2.9 before the dog walk this morning........glucotabs to the rescue. Think it might have been the G&T last night that caused it, so I'm going to have to test the theory again tonight, and repeat until I get it 'sorted' :D.

Hopefully finish work around lunchtime, then just got to get one more pressie for the wife 'from the daughter', pick up the starters for tomorrow (and prep them later), wrap the last few presents, then I think the wife wants to go to the church nativity/pub followed by home, fire, food, TV, bed. and somewhere in between I'll be prepping some of the food for the big day.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

11. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

A kilo of fine ground is a tenner in Makro! I’ve used a lot with Christmas baking, and as for the goat butter at two quid a go... let’s just say I’m glad it’s only once a year!

Spaxton :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning teabags. A mild low (3.7) at 5am set the alarm off which was quite frankly rude. Two dextrose tabs and a half hour stop on the pod, and been around six ever since. Couldn’t get back to sleep though, so read for a bit.

Is it too early to put some decorations up? Had a severe case of CBA this year. Might make some chocolate orange shortbreads today, the lemon ones were lovely and I can’t have my beloved chocolate oranges any more because even the dark one has ****ing milk in. Prawn curry for dinner tonight, intrepid teenager is making his own way back from his dad’s on the train later on. We usually have curry night on Christmas Eve while watching Muppet Christmas Carol (the definitive version imo) :)

Not much food prep to do for tomorrow, we’re having salmon with a vast array of roasted veg, and mashed swede. Easy. I need to make some whisky butter of some sort for my Christmas cake, but that’s it. Might use butter, might use soft goat’s cheese - with finely ground erythritol.

• Like Like x 5
    #9512 LooperCat, Dec 24, 2018 at 11:06 AM
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  13. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Only a photo would prove that.....;) hope you enjoyed Wedmore, the levels are fascinating. You were near Rodney Stoke which is a Thankful Village, particularly relevant this year (and it's a doubly thankful village). This is their village sign:
    [​IMG]

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofBritain/Thankful-Villages/ not sure if this link works, if not just google thankful villages

• Like Like x 2
  14. therower

We live and learn. Never heard of Thankful Villages. Thank you for posting something so thought provoking at this time of year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Lick hands to absorb the Contreau !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Have slightly fixed the Father Christmas disaster by dashing to a shop while child and father browsed electronic devices. Three small gifts and a mote indicating rest at home to reduce Rudolf's load.
    Numbers relatively good considering number of walks we have taken.

• Like Like x 7
  17. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Well done, Diakat. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it into a sort of win:win situation for MissDiakat. Maybe suggest Sanat wanted her to have something to look forward to when she gets back from her holidays, as she seems to have a lot of presenta already or something.

I'd be looking for some sort of "How lucky are you ?!!" sort of tale. Not everyone gets pressies in two places fom Santa.

She must have been a very good girl indeed.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

That's an excellent plan, but I think @Diakat should just smile mysteriously and say no one knows how Santa makes his decisions. Less likely to get caught out by too many questions that way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

You're even more devious than me!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

49 years ago today I was ambulanced to Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton, just to add to the West Country theme, with severe DKA after a honeymoon of no diagnosis - a nine month gestation period - and blessed insulin use was born. Life saving. Thank you Musgrove Park Consultant and nurses.
    My mother, sister and myself, when home from Uni, were living in North Curry.
    I love the West Country. My sister still lives in Somerset.

• Like Like x 9
    • Hug Hug x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook