What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Xmas eve everyone!! 4.2 this morning for me. I love today. Presents all wrapped, suitcases all packed, no Xmas dinner to cook this year so it’s a totally chilled day of being snuggled up on the sofa, xmas movie marathon and tonight my traditional one time a year small glass of baileys :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.3 this morning, off to York early doors with wife and granddaughter to empty what's left in my wallet.
A star for your numbers just tell them you've forgotten the combination for your wallet's lock.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Merry Christmas eve morning to everyone. Despite being heartily shocked, no devasted by the number on the scales having moved in the wrong direction, I'm going to battle on or not. Likewise, madam thoughtfully peeked from her window with 6.1, an utter disgrace. So what if I did have a Bloody Mary yesterday, I don't think it's at all necessary to throw a hissy fit. I shall ignore it
Breathe...............Now I can start to get excited. Hungarian chicken paprikash for lunch with friends

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and merry Xmas to everyone here.

@SueJB -- The marzipan kartoffeln sound delicious. Can you share the recipe?
@DJC3 -- Great fasting blood sugars. Congrats. Way to start the holidays.

Blood sugars for me this morning were 4.7.

Enjoy the celebrations tonight, all.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all and happy Xmas eve. I'm on 5.3 after a lunch time out at the local pub and probably the best meal out during the year. A Spanish style beef , spicy Spanish sausage, tomato and chick pea stew. Washed down with a couple of glasses of red. I worried a little about the chick peas but the meal was so filling that no supper was needed , just lots of telly ! More of that to come in the next couple of days. For today its stopped raining so the walk my be a dry one for a change . Hope you all get to enjoy it.....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 at 0600. Son’s girlfriends family coming over for afternoon tea, drink, nibbles as usual. Neighbours may pop in but am locking the inn doors at 6pm. @ianpspurs unusual reading for you but hope you stay well and dont stress. Btw bought the Radio Times and couldntfind anything that I wanted to watch. Board games and cards then.
Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Stay well, get better, safe driving and enjoy it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic fbg reading - good old creaky door. I'll figure things out eventually. I am probably collateral damage from things Julie has gotten drawn into over last couple of months - suppressing my righteous indignation on her part had to come out somewhere. Far better this way and explained away by poor choices on my part.

I know you’ve had a few family stresses and strains recently, with any luck the 2 and a bit grandchildren will help to lighten things.

For my part grandchildren have done the opposite, bless them! Last night I tried to get ahead by starting to set the table but couldn’t find the new Christmas napkins I’d bought. Middle daughter then said that no 1 granddaughter wanted to wrap some presents and had wrapped the napkins and put them under the tree for me! This morning I’m trying to make the ‘normal’ trifle and can’t find the tin of fruit I’d bought for it. Mr C just said ‘I expect it’ll be wrapped up under the tree then” and I expect he’s right - had to send him off to the Coop to get another. I wonder what other essentials are under there?

Reactions: Freema

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, have a great one, whatever your one is.
Will be absent till 32nd Dec when abnormal service will be resumed.
Ps I don't care what my bloods were ( 6.5 ) so why should you hehehehe
Back on 32nd