What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I've replied and sent off an email to Natalie.

When I was diagnosed, my best friend (who also has T2) highly recommended this site to me as the best resource online. I know it's called a "global diabetes community" and it is a wonderful resource and community.
Fantastic. It's wonderful that it's reaching all over the world. I love that. We are one big community. The support on here is phenomenal. Thank you :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Goose has stopped wandering and is waiting patiently before being liberally rubbed in majoram , garlic and salt and before getting stuffed using an old Polish buckwheat recipe. I made some lovely lc marzipankartofflen this afternoon , no cooking needed and the result is yummy and they look the bees knees

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's also wonderful to read about everyone going out shopping for Christmas food to feed your families and friends. It makes me think about how gathering to eat together is not just about festivity, it's also, at root, about survival.

@DJC3 great news about your dry kitchen!

Liking how you worded that @SaskiaKC
i suppose, as you say, at it hearts that is what it really is, a celebration of all who can attend

nice observation..:)

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
3.50 wake up and fbg of 6 at 4.20 - they weren't in the script:arghh:. Exit strategy for next 2,5 days shelved ( extra dog walks and exercise - everyone is happy) - this could will quickly turn very dark indeed. 2.5 days coralled with Julie and MIL (unimaginable horror on the TV) and no sport was always a tough gig - but this:arghh::arghh: Hope to deal with this by Wednesday, when 2 of the boys, and 2 and bit grandchildren come.
More importantly, have great days and enjoy your Christmas.:):)

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a little pre-Christmas soiree with friends & neighbours last night...including present opening:)...a large bottle of Cotswold gin & some of my favourite perfume...should keep me going well into the New Year...prosecco & some contraband ( I was relatively restrained)… woke to a moderate 5.6

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning, lower than usual for me as I’m up earlier, courtesy of a creaky door I’ve had to get up and find ( and shut).
@ianpspurs That’s a higher fbg than is usual for you, sorry you’re awake so early again, I hope you manage to figure things out. I love your “2 and a bit grandchildren”

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...a little pre-Christmas soiree with friends & neighbours last night...including present opening:)...a large bottle of Cotswold gin & some of my favourite perfume...should keep me going well into the New Year...prosecco & some contraband ( I was relatively restrained)… woke to a moderate 5.6

Sounds like a perfect evening and no ill effects on fbg.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning, lower than usual for me as I’m up earlier, courtesy of a creaky door I’ve had to get up and find ( and shut).
@ianpspurs That’s a higher fbg than is usual for you, sorry you’re awake so early again, I hope you manage to figure things out. I love your “2 and a bit grandchildren”
Fantastic fbg reading - good old creaky door. I'll figure things out eventually. I am probably collateral damage from things Julie has gotten drawn into over last couple of months - suppressing my righteous indignation on her part had to come out somewhere. Far better this way and explained away by poor choices on my part.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like a perfect evening and no ill effects on fbg.
It was a good evening DJC...such a lot of laughing which of course is carb free...great for the BG's.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3