What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"...Come in seal team,...ANY seal team please respond ....."

"Seal team 6 responding, roger....."

"Seal team 6..whats your status..over "

"...routine patrol..base..."
"...started taking enemy fire."
"...patrol now taking cover "
" ..Liver contact unexpectedly heavy "
".... incoming fire,..New kid, P'anKreas, hit..but he's stable "
"......sit-rep is .6,1."

" Target 5.0 Nowhere in site..."
"withdrawing to the couch to regroup..."

"Ok, seal team 6...
"Well done, getting the men to cover..."
"Now deep breath... and calm down son..."
" this was just a skirmish to find out our weak points"
"get the lads a bite to eat.."
"Then debrief my office in 02;00 hours..Over"
Loved this! :hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, second test this morning, after a long winter's nap, and I'm taking this score. 5.6.

Cat in lap and coffee mug about to be in hand since on the end table its proximity to the radio is causing static and in 3 minutes I want to be listening to the Carols From King's, my Christmas Eve tradition for at least 30 years.

I also need radio clarity before the service starts to send a message to @jjraak that his team's target 5 is happily settled on my sofa and I will send it over as soon as it wakes up.

Hi @SaskiaKC ..love the sound of that..hugs the cat for me...xx

And HAHAHA...Love the ending......Lol

excellent report, soldier..Now stand easy and enjoy your day.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.:happy:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I don't normally branch out for help because I've been told all my life I'm a burden but if I don't get help with my mental health and my type 1 diabetes I'm going to die horrifically. I'm only 28 and already I have a lot of nerve damage. I believe if my father didn't pass away when I was 13 this probably wouldn't be an issue now but that's not how it went. I put a gofundme page up but no one's giving anything to it which is soul destroying, ask for help on here but I keep on having social anxiety and I don't know how to get up replies or cos I'm so I'm bad at technology lol. If anyone knows of a way I can get help for anything I'd appreciate it or if you guys have a look at my YouTube video the title is a FUTURE WITHOUT NERVE DAMAGE. I really don't want to go blind or lose my legs I really thought I'd be dead by now if I'm honest. But I don't want to die anymore I want a life with the diabetes doesn't rule everything. I've put off having a family because I don't want my child to be paying the price for my mess up. But it's not fair I want children, I don't want to feel Baron when I'm not. I've been rejected all my life and I hope I don't get rejected here. The nhs doesn't care I keep trying and will keep trying but what else can I do. Thanks and merry Christmas.

Hi, @Frannon18, and best wishes for a happy Christmas Eve.

You have already received great replies from @HarrisonK and @jjraak , and I can only add that you are not alone, in any aspect of your situation. One thing most of us have in common here is diabetes, but I imagine most of us are also dealing with other issues as well.
IMO you are fortunate to be in the age of the World Wide Web, where you can reach out, not only on a diabetes BB, but also, as @HarrisonK said, to your MP and to other people at various agencies who can help you.

For much of my life so far there was no Internet, and no way to get in touch with other people who might have the same experiences, nor were there as many diagnoses for different conditions as there are now. (No, I'm not ancient! :D But I was in my 40s before I got a diagnosis of the central condition that had been behind most of my difficulties).

I hope that you will get in touch with some of the people in your area who can give you helpful information. And some of the other forums here on this BB too.

Reactions: ziggy_w

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC ..love the sound of that..hugs the cat for me...xx

And HAHAHA...Love the ending......Lol

excellent report, soldier..Now stand easy and enjoy your day.

Oh, and Merry Christmas.:happy:

Sir! Cat duly hugged and happy to report purring commenced.

And a Merry Christmas to you, sir!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1545233538341.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you’ve had a few family stresses and strains recently, with any luck the 2 and a bit grandchildren will help to lighten things.

For my part grandchildren have done the opposite, bless them! Last night I tried to get ahead by starting to set the table but couldn’t find the new Christmas napkins I’d bought. Middle daughter then said that no 1 granddaughter wanted to wrap some presents and had wrapped the napkins and put them under the tree for me! This morning I’m trying to make the ‘normal’ trifle and can’t find the tin of fruit I’d bought for it. Mr C just said ‘I expect it’ll be wrapped up under the tree then” and I expect he’s right - had to send him off to the Coop to get another. I wonder what other essentials are under there?
Great story about the wrapping. I wouldn't label the P tribe's events stresses just Julie's family being unable to win a bum kicking contest with a one legged man. I'm fine and well aware many people would happily swap places with me. Although right now those 2 are watching Mary Poppins - I don't know how much of this I can take. Have a great Christmas

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,
5.3 for me today.

We are having a quiet Christmas here as my husband is working night shift and is/ will be sleeping on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day (the day some Canadians go to the clearance sales), New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I will be spending some it with daughter and son-in-law who are very close by (they live in the basement apt of our house :) ).

We are celebrating on Dec 28th at my mother-in-law's when he is off work.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great story about the wrapping. I wouldn't label the P tribe's events stresses just Julie's family being unable to win a bum kicking contest with a one legged man. I'm fine and well aware many people would happily swap places with me. Although right now those 2 are watching Mary Poppins - I don't know how much of this I can take. Have a great Christmas

I suggest that while the movie is on you go feed the birds (even if you haven't tuppence). (Well, it would be safer than dancing on the rooftop -- where you might risk running into someone with an eight-deer hitch!)

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suggest that while the movie is on you go feed the birds (even if you haven't tuppence). (Well, it would be safer than dancing on the rooftop -- where you might risk running into someone with an eight-deer hitch!)
It gets much, much worse. Now its Mama Mia 2? - MIL brought it specially. Very grateful for youtube playlists and headphones but really hope my ankle is better tomorrow so I can just exercise myself to sleep until Wednesday.:arghh::arghh: But, hey if that is the worst thing in my life I need to check my privilege/understand these are first world problems.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's 6.9 at 0430 and I'm putting it down to the late feast of strawberries, blueberries, and cream. Although I would have thought the single malt would have helped :)

Feeding the homeless has gone/going well across the city (and country). I am normally 'not socially inclined' but I am aware that being on your own when the world is having a massive knees-up is not good for the soul. So I go do something useful. Having been homeless quite a few times in my life I know what it's like. Anyway, here's to a happy Christmas for you all :)

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-new-street-station-turn-15594773