Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ll take back what I said about the MIL trying to poison me, I’m sure if it was that my enforced ‘basal test’ yesterday wouldn’t have been so high! A 24hr bug I reckon, feeling a lot more human today, and BGs back to normal (currently 5.8!).

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Karen, you’re one of the people who makes the world go round.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The nice Novo Nordisk customer care etc advisor has just rung. She’d been getting clarification and following up on a few details.
It seems that my mistake has been putting an Echo in the fridge. I’ve just checked the instruction booklet and it does say you shouldn’t.
After years of hot country living and travelling it’s second nature to put a whole pen and cartridge in the fridge. Anyone else do this with the Echo?
It’s also not supposed to -25C (nor me either ) or to +45C - heaven help us if climate change gallops on.

Reactions: Alison54321

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm on a different planet than my BG and I have no idea what's happening, never experienced anything like this.I was worried but thought, no point coz I can't do anything more about it than I'd already done.
FBG 6.8 rose to 9.2, OK liver dump but it's never been that much continued to rise to 10.1 despite the fact that I'd used my bolus blaster
It started to go down, sooooooooooooooooo slowly
13.45 it came down from the peak to 6.4. Cholent for lunch so another bolus blaster.
yesterday was weird too
Just want to be normal and be able to drink cider

Last edited:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, all, hope you all had a good one!

Spent some time with the folks, but, jeesh, it was a relief seeing them get on the train - there's only so much time any person can spend listening to two 80 yr olds telling you about the roofing problems their next door neighbour is having, and how some person called Isa, who I have never ever met and have absolutely no interest in, is going to be in hospital next week. Etc. Etc.

This just about sums it up for me:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...they-were-just-making-more-tea-20181203180112

Even escaping to the pub for a while wasn't that great - swamped with 'festive drinkers":
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/pubs-to-trial-professional-lanes-20181221180885

Things are settling down on that front for a few days before the main event arrives - xmas is just a wee pretendy holiday, Hogmanay is the proper one!

Reactions: porl69 and slip
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning folks, hope you are all well and looking forward to New year, any poorly ones, sending a big get well hug <3
I have to stay in today, as one of my windows won't lock, so it is un-secure. It is an emergency repair so someone will be out in the next 24 hrs, which could mean during the night, depending on how busy they are :wideyed: Not keen on that, as it's just me and my daughter here, but the window must be secured. I have tied a large shoe lace to the broken handle and tied it to the other one.
View attachment 30284 View attachment 30285

Hi, I didn't have to wait long,which was great. The old lock was taken off and a small replacement has been fitted and locked. A really nice friendly guy, who chatted about window's and he was concerned about the window been so unsecured during the night, but all done for the moment and really pleased with the service.
Watching Christmas Mastermind and Christmas University Challenge at the mo, then Billy Connolly, sorted :) Top banana :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69 and Diakat

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
[QUOTE="Scott-C, post: 1950684,
Things are settling down on that front for a few days before the main event arrives - xmas is just a wee pretendy holiday, Hogmanay is the proper one![/QUOTE]

True Scot talking there. When my dad was in the army he lime having Scottish guys on base - they worked Christmas, he covered new year.

Reactions: kitedoc
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast . What about Only Connect? :):):).
Gotta be one of the most infuriating quizzes to date.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can answer questions on Mastermind and sometimes on University challenge, but Only Connect, no :rolleyes:The host, Victoria, does make me laugh though, even found out her mother is a doctor on the show, but the programme isn't on tonight, oh rats ;)lol

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
True Scot talking there. When my dad was in the army he lime having Scottish guys on base - they worked Christmas, he covered new year.

Yeah, Diakat, xmas up here is a bit, meh, whatever, but we really go to town on Hogmanay!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Yeah, Diakat, xmas up here is a bit, meh, whatever, but we really go to town on Hogmanay!
I used to go over to Lismore for hogmanay. Loads of dancing, singing and a trip round the island on an old fire engine.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I used to go over to Lismore for hogmanay. Loads of dancing, singing and a trip round the island on an old fire engine.

Shoosh, quiet, Diakat, Lismore is the small Scottish island where I've got my secret cache of insulin and canned soup stashed up in a cave for when brexit goes t*ts up - don't tell anyone...

I'll be in my hometown, Edinburgh, for this one - that's always a good one, people come from all over the world to see it.

By random coincidence, I was blethering earlier with a guy called Andy, one of the regulars in my local, it being a Friday night and all. His gf is taking him to Cardiff to see her family - we agreed that, aye, whatever, if you're doing hogmanay with Celts anywhere, it's no going to be bad!

Have a good one yourself!

Reactions: porl69

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi, all, hope you all had a good one!

Spent some time with the folks, but, jeesh, it was a relief seeing them get on the train - there's only so much time any person can spend listening to two 80 yr olds telling you about the roofing problems their next door neighbour is having, and how some person called Isa, who I have never ever met and have absolutely no interest in, is going to be in hospital next week. Etc. Etc.

This just about sums it up for me:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...they-were-just-making-more-tea-20181203180112

Even escaping to the pub for a while wasn't that great - swamped with 'festive drinkers":
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/pubs-to-trial-professional-lanes-20181221180885

Things are settling down on that front for a few days before the main event arrives - xmas is just a wee pretendy holiday, Hogmanay is the proper one!
Ha @Scott-C, They say visitors are like fish, they go off after a couple of days.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow pancreatically challenged chums, hope you are all doing well.

BG a bit all over the place at mo, mainly due to uncertainty as to what I would be doing or how long it would take, so of course I over compensated.

Car had been playing up the past few weeks so i thought stuff it, lets treat myself. Got an 18 plate Vauxhall Viva at a good price, but boy was it hard work with my trade in price. Lots of silly haggling but I stood my ground and ended up paying about 10% less than they had offered. So pick new car up on new years eve, they needed the sale to go through by then for their figures.

I am over in the civilised part of Scotland, the west coast:angelic::angelic:. Hogmany over here is a lot different to all the trendy Wendy's and grockles that go to Edinburgh, no offence intended.

Hogmany though IMHO is not as it was years ago. Back in the day there were always house parties to go to, all of the neighbours would stay up for the bells and beyond. You had steak pie before you started to drink, settling down to watch Scotch and Wry and then Only an Excuse. Ah the memories