1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The nice Novo Nordisk customer care etc advisor has just rung. She’d been getting clarification and following up on a few details.
    It seems that my mistake has been putting an Echo in the fridge. I’ve just checked the instruction booklet and it does say you shouldn’t.
    After years of hot country living and travelling it’s second nature to put a whole pen and cartridge in the fridge. Anyone else do this with the Echo?
    It’s also not supposed to -25C (nor me either ) or to +45C - heaven help us if climate change gallops on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm on a different planet than my BG and I have no idea what's happening, never experienced anything like this.I was worried but thought, no point coz I can't do anything more about it than I'd already done.
    FBG 6.8 rose to 9.2, OK liver dump but it's never been that much continued to rise to 10.1 despite the fact that I'd used my bolus blaster
    It started to go down, sooooooooooooooooo slowly
    13.45 it came down from the peak to 6.4. Cholent for lunch so another bolus blaster.
    yesterday was weird too
    Just want to be normal and be able to drink cider

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 3
    #9602 SueJB, Dec 28, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  3. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Have a hug @SueJB you are normal, it's just your pancreas that can't be ar23d :)

Don't see why you can't drink cider, I do, but not as much as wine :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi, all, hope you all had a good one!

Spent some time with the folks, but, jeesh, it was a relief seeing them get on the train - there's only so much time any person can spend listening to two 80 yr olds telling you about the roofing problems their next door neighbour is having, and how some person called Isa, who I have never ever met and have absolutely no interest in, is going to be in hospital next week. Etc. Etc.

This just about sums it up for me:
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...they-were-just-making-more-tea-20181203180112

Even escaping to the pub for a while wasn't that great - swamped with 'festive drinkers":
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/alcohol/pubs-to-trial-professional-lanes-20181221180885

Things are settling down on that front for a few days before the main event arrives - xmas is just a wee pretendy holiday, Hogmanay is the proper one!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi, I didn't have to wait long,which was great. The old lock was taken off and a small replacement has been fitted and locked. A really nice friendly guy, who chatted about window's and he was concerned about the window been so unsecured during the night, but all done for the moment and really pleased with the service.
    Watching Christmas Mastermind and Christmas University Challenge at the mo, then Billy Connolly, sorted :) Top banana :happy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

[QUOTE="Scott-C, post: 1950684,
    Things are settling down on that front for a few days before the main event arrives - xmas is just a wee pretendy holiday, Hogmanay is the proper one![/QUOTE]

True Scot talking there. When my dad was in the army he lime having Scottish guys on base - they worked Christmas, he covered new year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Robinredbreast . What about Only Connect? :):):).
    Gotta be one of the most infuriating quizzes to date.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robinredbreast

I can answer questions on Mastermind and sometimes on University challenge, but Only Connect, no :rolleyes:The host, Victoria, does make me laugh though, even found out her mother is a doctor on the show, but the programme isn't on tonight, oh rats ;)lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Robinredbreast . Have to agree. Only Connect requires a certain mindset/ way of thinking.
    Victoria by all accounts is a very good poker player.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scott-C

Yeah, Diakat, xmas up here is a bit, meh, whatever, but we really go to town on Hogmanay!

11. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I used to go over to Lismore for hogmanay. Loads of dancing, singing and a trip round the island on an old fire engine.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Scott-C

Shoosh, quiet, Diakat, Lismore is the small Scottish island where I've got my secret cache of insulin and canned soup stashed up in a cave for when brexit goes t*ts up - don't tell anyone...

I'll be in my hometown, Edinburgh, for this one - that's always a good one, people come from all over the world to see it.

By random coincidence, I was blethering earlier with a guy called Andy, one of the regulars in my local, it being a Friday night and all. His gf is taking him to Cardiff to see her family - we agreed that, aye, whatever, if you're doing hogmanay with Celts anywhere, it's no going to be bad!

Have a good one yourself!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ha @Scott-C, They say visitors are like fish, they go off after a couple of days.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Robinredbreast

Goodnight guys, sleep well zzzzzzzzz

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a great weekend

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Morning.

Not much going on over this neck of the woods, so just enjoying a leisurely breakfast and nibbling a couple of After Eight Mints :woot:

• Like Like x 2
  17. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning fellow pancreatically challenged chums, hope you are all doing well.

BG a bit all over the place at mo, mainly due to uncertainty as to what I would be doing or how long it would take, so of course I over compensated.

Car had been playing up the past few weeks so i thought stuff it, lets treat myself. Got an 18 plate Vauxhall Viva at a good price, but boy was it hard work with my trade in price. Lots of silly haggling but I stood my ground and ended up paying about 10% less than they had offered. So pick new car up on new years eve, they needed the sale to go through by then for their figures.

I am over in the civilised part of Scotland, the west coast:angelic::angelic:. Hogmany over here is a lot different to all the trendy Wendy's and grockles that go to Edinburgh, no offence intended.

Hogmany though IMHO is not as it was years ago. Back in the day there were always house parties to go to, all of the neighbours would stay up for the bells and beyond. You had steak pie before you started to drink, settling down to watch Scotch and Wry and then Only an Excuse. Ah the memories

• Like Like x 2
  18. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Being in long-term exile in the Midlands from the land of my northeast coast Scottish ancestors, I always have mixed emotions around New Year. One bit of my soul gets into a massive "Let's get everywhere clean and sorted, and anything outstanding completed, before the bells." Another bit of me wants to want to be more enthusiastic about celebrating New Year, and I did enjoy the three I celebrated in Glasgow when I lived there, and the occasional ones in Dundee as a child.

However, all I really want to do now is be in bed at my usual time of around 10.30 p.m. and hope the fireworks aren't too horrendous.

Anyway, having once crossed the International Dateline on 1st January, thus briefly going back into the year before for twenty minutes, and then celebrating New Year all over again, as well as arriving in San Francisco at the same time and date I left Auckland, I'm convinced I've earned myself a year off one year if only I could sleep through the aforementioned fireworks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hmmm............for many years in England we were led to believe that Scottish New Year's Eves had Andy Steward, Kenneth McKellar, and Moira Anderson, dancing and singing in kilts, tastefully to traditional Scottish music. You are not going to disillusion us now, are you?

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Alison54321 of course not, I am sure that STV will still show these old Ceilidh programmes, cannae beat a bit of Donald Where's Your Troosers ( younger people may have to Goggle that)

I am like @Japes , i now want to go to bed at my usual time and wish they would ban fireworks, bah humbug

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook