1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Just so long as it isn't like certain Dutch rock tune tune that got butchered by Bananarama in 1986! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh, it was terrible wasn't it, I'd forgotten. Owning a copy of that could mess up the Friday blood sugars of a lot of people.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Only just surfaced really - was at the MILs yesterday and let’s just say my stomach hasn’t been well since........no idea what caused the upset, think she’s trying to poison me or something:hilarious:

Hey ho!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

“These numbers are amazing”; “I can see you have almost no hypos”; “Keep doing what you’re doing”; “this is perfect diabetes management”; “I’m going to buy that Bernstein book”

My DN, 27/12/2018 :)

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

I'm not sacrificing my term-time Friday Lunchtime scoop of chips!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Walked up Cwm Idwal today. Did wonderful things for my levels. Views were good too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Argh!

Arrived at the Supermarket with the Pharmacy on a 3.2. Handed prescription over, took myself to the cafe to recover, overdid the carbs, discovered the second mistake with the prescription, (not sure if this one is mine or the prescribing GPs, but the first mistake definitely wasn't me!) so, I'm now stockpiling Novorapid but will need to go back for Levemir once the new prescription is issued.

Arrived back home on 15.2 (told you I'd over-done it) and, um, may have rage-bolused a bit so now on a 4.9 and feeling like it's going lower. Cheesy oatcakes for supper it is...

• Hug Hug x 5
  8. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Goodnight everyone sleep well

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. karen8967

Good morng everyone have a great day

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@karen8967 Have you had any time off this holiday?

11. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

WOW....you should gave recorded that convo @Mel dCP :)
    Massive congratulations

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

And good morning all
    Strange day for BGs today. Woke to a nice 5 done my usual breakfast and usual bolus and just alarmed for a high....10.8
    Quick correction and will see whats what in an hour or so. Work is really busy, a lot of customers have asked why we had so many days off!!!!! FFS! we had Monday to Wednesday off, had to bite my tongue and smile thru gritted teeth lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. LooperCat

Thank you! But T1 being T1, I’m all over the shop today. Been up half the night with a mild fever and high alarms going off all over the place. I finished the chest infection antibiotics and I suspect they haven’t worked. Ugh. Ketones at 0.3 which is very low for me, so not worried on that front. Had to postpone our much anticipated visit from a close friend as don’t want to send him to his very frail mum with any lurgy. Hope you all have a better day!

• Hug Hug x 4
  14. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Weeks like this I'm not sure what day it is most of the time. I do know it's Friday today 'cos I've got a podiatry appointment; frequent flier because of scarring from 2 ops a couple of years ago, nothing to do with diabetes and still no-one knows what the problem was! In future I'm avoiding doctors who say, 'we're not sure, so we'll open it up and have a look inside'!

@porl69 it's obviously a Friday thing - woke to a 6.1, usual breakfast & bolus, up to 8.9 then 10.2 after walking - duh? And according to Libre, I wasn't dead overnight....

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hope you feel better soon @Mel dCP - does this mean more antibiotics?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. LooperCat

I imagine it might. I only finished the course yesterday, and sank rapidly overnight. I’ll keep an eye on things over the weekend, my temperature is back to its usual icy 36, and I’ll make use of my shiny new pulse oximeter to check my O2 levels as well.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Morning folks, hope you are all well and looking forward to New year, any poorly ones, sending a big get well hug <3
    I have to stay in today, as one of my windows won't lock, so it is un-secure. It is an emergency repair so someone will be out in the next 24 hrs, which could mean during the night, depending on how busy they are :wideyed: Not keen on that, as it's just me and my daughter here, but the window must be secured. I have tied a large shoe lace to the broken handle and tied it to the other one.
    20181228_112923_resized.jpg 20181228_112916_resized.jpg

• Hug Hug x 4
  18. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ll take back what I said about the MIL trying to poison me, I’m sure if it was that my enforced ‘basal test’ yesterday wouldn’t have been so high! A 24hr bug I reckon, feeling a lot more human today, and BGs back to normal (currently 5.8!).

• Like Like x 4
  19. karen8967

Unfortunately not because i work in a carehome and its part of my working week

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Karen, you’re one of the people who makes the world go round.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook