Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, I have had no wifi until this afternoon. Funnily enough, as soon I talked to the guy at EE, on my mobile, it mysteriously came back to life:rolleyes: Anyway, there seems to be a problem and an engineer is coming round to have a look on Wednesday afternoon, if it is the broadband or network, free of charge, but if it caused by me or a directly vandalized or interfered with in some way, then it will cost £50, he had to mention this so that I am aware. He is offering me a new deal, What do you think guys ?

Hi .......
It was lovely to speak to you today, as per your request please see the summary below of the quotation we discussed, including the plan, description and any costs.

YOUR QUOTE SUMMARY:

• Quote Date: 30/12/2018
  • Sale Type: Renewal
  • Plan Name: Fibre
  • Call Add On’s: Anytime calls with Mobile
  • Plan Cost (per month): £32.00
  • Set Up Costs: £0.00
  • Contract Length (months): 18
  • Additional Information: Regrade offer
  • Download Speed: 36.00
  • Upload Speed: 10.0
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 36.0
This quote is correct as of today only as our offers and promotions can change daily.

Thanks,

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon guys, I have had no wifi until this afternoon. Funnily enough, as soon I talked to the guy at EE, on my mobile, it mysteriously came back to life:rolleyes: Anyway, there seems to be a problem and an engineer is coming round to have a look on Wednesday afternoon, if it is the broadband or network, free of charge, but if it caused by me or a directly vandalized or interfered with in some way, then it will cost £50, he had to mention this so that I am aware. He is offering me a new deal, What do you think guys ?

Hi .......
It was lovely to speak to you today, as per your request please see the summary below of the quotation we discussed, including the plan, description and any costs.

YOUR QUOTE SUMMARY:

This quote is correct as of today only as our offers and promotions can change daily.

Thanks,

Robinredbrreast - There are so many mobile and internet deals, it's hard to know. Have you had a look at comparethemarrket, Uswitch or moneysupermarket (just as examples) to see what they come up with?

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I came up for Hog in Edinburgh in the mid 90s, was pretty wild...I recall an excellent curry, fiery dancers, haggis fritters, investigating the authenticity of men in kilts and rather too much single malt. It all got rather messy!

Lol, yes, Mel, there are still people in these parts with long memories talking about a gal with purple hair and a Welsh lilt causing a bit of chaos a while back...

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Robinredbrreast - There are so many mobile and internet deals, it's hard to know. Have you had a look at comparethemarrket, Uswitch or moneysupermarket (just as examples) to see what they come up with?

Or you could always bargain with them. Find the cheapest, tell the current provider you’re switching because of price and see what they come up with to keep you.
The lack of WiFi may be the new trick in the box, happened to us too and we were pushed to upgrade. Grrrrr

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi .......

YOUR QUOTE SUMMARY:

Thanks,

Hi @Robinredbreast , if that is for home broadband that is very expensive. I am with BT and have got fibre broadband up to 76mb, line rental and TV plus package all for £31.50

Broadband deals can be had with Sky, Plusnet and Talk Talk all for around £25. As has been suggested go to Uswitch.com put in your details and they will confirm best deals

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You think those pretty pink Hogmanay ticket stands at Bristo Square are a bit Disneyfied?

Bristo Square = student land = avoid!

But that Ting Thai Caravan restaurant on Teviot Place is darned good, I've sometimes arranged my day so I'll be eating there, although it's total guess work on the carb count.

Reactions: Alison54321

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Robinredbreast , if that is for home broadband that is very expensive. I am with BT and have got fibre broadband up to 76mb, line rental and TV plus package all for £31.50

Broadband deals can be had with Sky, Plusnet and Talk Talk all for around £25. As has been suggested go to Uswitch.com put in your details and they will confirm best deals

Is your £31.50, plus line rental? I have no idea if EE broadband requires a landline or not, and if the cost is included for @Robinredbreast .

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's what I call rock & roll... :)
It's pretty much got to be nearly 20 years ago since my experience?

I hope you 'ave a good one this year..

Will do!

The thing I love about an Edinburgh Hogmanay is that when there's 100,000 people in a small space, it's either a football match, where 50% of the people hate the other 50%, or it's a political march where 100% hate the other political party, whereas with an Edinburgh Hogmanay, standing in North Bank Street, near the top of the Mound, you can see all these tens of thousands of people from all over the world jam packed in along Princes Street and the Frederick St, Hanover St offshoots, and you just know that they're not there to shout and get angry about anything, they're just there to watch the fireworks, get pleasantly pi**ed, and hug each other when the bells ring.

It kinda restores faith in humanity - and there's a van on the Mound which does bacon rolls, so it's all good.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is your £31.50, plus line rental? I have no idea if EE broadband requires a landline or not, and if the cost is included for @Robinredbreast .

Yes that includes line rental, 76 mb fibre broadband plus a TV package, which gives me Freeview channels as well around 30 others including GOLD, Discovery, Nat Geo channels, plus BT Sport

Most of the big providers now include line rental in prices and can be had from around £25

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
That's what I call rock & roll... :)
It's pretty much got to be nearly 20 years ago since my experience?

I hope you 'ave a good one this year..
Lol, drive wise.. I have "L" "S" & "D" on my auto box. Plus a ""Hold" function button that kicks it down a gear..
I had this on both my vans, but the newer 52 plate has a selection read out on the dash.
I had a simalar issue once joining the M4. In the old van. Thought the hold fuctioning was stuck? Then I noticed it was in S.. Easily done. :)

My wife's new'ish car has a "sport fuction" button. With the traction control off too? :cool: It OK!

My wife don't read this forum....;)
There is a joke about a man ringing up a car manufacturer stating that his car was not performing satisfactorily. The man was upset that when he put the auto lever into 'N' for nighttime driving the car would not work !!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Lol, yes, Mel, there are still people in these parts with long memories talking about a gal with purple hair and a Welsh lilt causing a bit of chaos a while back...
I had neither of those things at the time, hahaha ;) hate to disillusion you but I was adopted by cockneys, so sound like Pat Butcher! I was very pale blonde back then too...

Just got in from an eight hour CFR shift, just about to log off when we got a call... winding down with cheese and wine now! At 0230 in the morning :D

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
How are you ‘celebrating’ New Year’s Eve? After looking at the papers this morning, I’m thinking of getting a bucket of sand and sticking my head in it. In reality it’ll probably be a quiet one. Just hoping the belly bum drawers knees are fixed in time for a bigger celebration later in 2019. My birthday. A big one. And 50 years of T1.

Last edited:

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, my blood sugar did some serious zig zagging yesterday, and had a grand finale this morning. Seems to have calmed down a bit now, I hope. No idea why, it just did.

No plans for tonight, just going to bed at a reasonable time. Though I do intend to make a list of all the things I want to achieve in 2019. I started doing that a few years ago, the list making, not the actual achieving, and I think that's when I realised waking up on New Years Day too tired to do anything, wasn't the best start to a new year.

Anyway, have a good new year everyone, enjoy marking it in whatever way you want, and hope you all have a good 2019.

Reactions: Fairygodmother
K

Knikki

Morning, but of a rubbishy day yesterday with Etch A Sketch doing a good profile for Everest to all the way down the Mariana Trench, own fault but still. :banghead:

Today? New Years Eve? To be honest never been a fan of New Year :***: but off round to friends, who will no doubt have a good moaning session and put the world to rights, long story, plus Chinese and LOTS of booze. :woot::joyful:

On a side note, I have noticed over the years that it seems that alcohol does not seem to drop my BSL anywhere near what it used to, don't know why, just one of those things. :writer:

As for auto cars, love em, espically the ones with tiptronic ability, I spend most of my day in traffic and can't be ar53d going up and down on the blinking clutch just to move 3 feet in a jam :hilarious:

Ok currently running a 2.5 :wideyed: over correct at 4am so I'm off to find/eat some cake.:rolleyes:

Have a fun time whatever you do tonight. :cat::chicken::oldman:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
BTW, belly bum drawers is an alternative to Mel’s Cat. Might have to name future cats Belly, Bum and Drawers.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, but of a rubbishy day yesterday with Etch A Sketch doing a good profile for Everest to all the way down the Mariana Trench, own fault but still. :banghead:

Today? New Years Eve? To be honest never been a fan of New Year :***: but off round to friends, who will no doubt have a good moaning session and put the world to rights, long story, plus Chinese and LOTS of booze. :woot::joyful:

On a side note, I have noticed over the years that it seems that alcohol does not seem to drop my BSL anywhere near what it used to, don't know why, just one of those things. :writer:

As for auto cars, love em, espically the ones with tiptronic ability, I spend most of my day in traffic and can't be ar53d going up and down on the blinking clutch just to move 3 feet in a jam :hilarious:

Ok currently running a 2.5 :wideyed: over correct at 4am so I'm off to find/eat some cake.:rolleyes:

Have a fun time whatever you do tonight. :cat::chicken::oldman:
I'm with you on the New Year's Eve bit, just another day, though I guess you could say that about any holiday. Think I should've been a druid, I'd rather celebrate the winter solstice :) Unlike you, I do still get an impact on bg from alcohol. Never been able to tolerate much, so anyone's cheap night out, but a bit too much and it's a down arrow all the way..... Only hypo I needed medical help with was a Christmas night a good few years ago when I woke up in bed at about 12.30 after imbibing intermittently from a late lunch onwards and despite the best efforts of all the jelly babies I could find couldn't fix it. Husband ended up calling an ambulance as I wasn't capable of remembering glucagon in the fridge and he just plain forgot.

Reactions: Fairygodmother
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning and thank you for your replies. The wifi has been off since yesterday and I just heard my phone 'ping' so I checked the wifi and here I am. A technician said my router and system is old and there could be a problem with copper wiring, it may be damaged in some way, but that was just over the phone yesterday.
So, If I can't get back on here, I want to wish all you lovely people peace, joy, good health and happiness for 2019.
Sorry for any typo mistakes, as I trying to type this as fast as I can.