Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Robinredbrreast - There are so many mobile and internet deals, it's hard to know. Have you had a look at comparethemarrket, Uswitch or moneysupermarket (just as examples) to see what they come up with?

Unfortunately I couldn't, as I didn't have wifi, but back on line now............ for how long I don't know :rolleyes::wideyed:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a joke about a man ringing up a car manufacturer stating that his car was not performing satisfactorily. The man was upset that when he put the auto lever into 'N' for nighttime driving the car would not work !!

The customer service rep should have pointed out that the "night driving" or "low visibility condition function" switch can be found on the indicator stalk, or possibly located right of the steering cowl on the upper console.. ;)

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning and thank you for your replies. The wifi has been off since yesterday and I just heard my phone 'ping' so I checked the wifi and here I am. A technician said my router and system is old and there could be a problem with copper wiring, it may be damaged in some way, but that was just over the phone yesterday.
So, If I can't get back on here, I want to wish all you lovely people peace, joy, good health and happiness for 2019.
Sorry for any typo mistakes, as I trying to type this as fast as I can.

Good health and happiness to you in 2019 too - May you have none of the life-threatening drama you had in 2018, and may you find the perfect job.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The customer service rep should have pointed out that the "night driving" or "low visibility condition function" switch can be found on the indicator stalk, or possibly located right of the steering cowl on the upper console.. ;)
Ahhhhhh. A typical automotive mechanical technicians snippet of information.
For this information and subsequent check the price , plus VAT will be £ 173.40. This includes a multipoint check and “ free valet”.
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhhhhh. A typical automotive mechanical technicians snippet of information.
For this information and subsequent check the price , plus VAT will be £ 173.40. This includes a multipoint check and “ free valet”.
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

If they're cleaning out the wallet. They may as well clean your motor too...
Just shake the matting & spray a bit of "cockpit shine." :wacky:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
How are you ‘celebrating’ New Year’s Eve? After looking at the papers this morning, I’m thinking of getting a bucket of sand and sticking my head in it. In reality it’ll probably be a quiet one. Just hoping the belly bum drawers knees are fixed in time for a bigger celebration later in 2019. My birthday. A big one. And 50 years of T1.
You'll be getting your medal for 50 years

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1546268093559.jpg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Karen, good morning all.
How are you ‘celebrating’ New Year’s Eve? After looking at the papers this morning, I’m thinking of getting a bucket of sand and sticking my head in it. In reality it’ll probably be a quiet one. Just hoping the belly bum drawers knees are fixed in time for a bigger celebration later in 2019. My birthday. A big one. And 50 years of T1.
FB_IMG_1546274190261.jpg

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
HAPPY NEW YEAR my fellow posters!

In the months ahead, may your blood glucose levels be totally unremarkable and may some clever guy invent some kind of immunotherapy treatment to cure T1! (Ok so maybe it's a lot to ask but we can dream can't we).

Enjoy. Catch you on the other side.
Urb.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not certain I should've trusted myself to change all three lancets in one go after
  • the Pepsi Max can explosion over the carpet, (now cleaned up - luckily on an already interestingly stained section of ancient carpet due for replacing sometime soon-ish)
  • the trapping of a backpack strap in the washing machine door and thus causing a minor leak (mopped up and sorted fast as I'd not moved away from the kitchen)
  • losing the bus travelcard somewhere between lunch-stop and post lunch loo stop about 5 miles walk away... and of course, the phone number to cancel it and get its replacement was impossible to find on the website, and I have a feeling they weren't open to calls today. That's now on Wednesday's list along with the prescription mishaps.
It's probably as well I didn't decide to tackle HMRC and the annual self-assessment (I do some self-employed teaching + freelance music work) as the chances of that going well on today's showing was not high. It's usually an easy job, fortunately, but better on a different day, methinks.

Still, remarkably, Madame BS is behaving well, didn't sulk at lunchtime chips, the new walking books had arrived whilst I was wandering about to the north of here for 14 miles or so, and the gas and electric bill wasn't as nearly bad as I thought it was going to be.

I'm now sitting quite still, with easy food to hand, all drinks on a tray to contain potential spills, and pondering how to while away the next few hours in a gentle fashion.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Nearly here, 2019
Time to let go of 2018,
Things that went wrong
Things that broke out hearts
Forget the grudges
Forget the falling out's
Look to the new year ahead
With love and hope in your heart

tenor.gif

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too am wimping out and off to bed. Hope you all enjoy whatever you're doing this evening, whether it's Hogmanaying like crazy or catching up on some zzzzzz's. Here's to a happy and healthy 2019, thanks again to @Robinredbreast for giving us this brilliant thread, and to all the people on here who've been kind, helpful, interesting, and especially thanks for the laughs ;)