Evil Cheese?????

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apparently more 'young people' are doing Veganary than Dry January.
Conspiracy theories abound on the WFPB thing (vegetarians at Harvard and on the WHO advisory committee plus 7th Day Adventists).
It is going to be a long month.
Here's to a nice of cheddar with some red wine of a cold Winter's night.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Conspiracy theories abound on the WFPB thing (vegetarians at Harvard and on the WHO advisory committee plus 7th Day Adventists).
The experts saying it is terrible for us are Dr (?) Michael Greger, and the Harvard Medical team, both of whom are staunch vegan apostles. There is a distinct niff of bias in this article.

Reactions: jjraak

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

January is also World Carnivore Month. Know which one I’m doing.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Produced by the Bias Broadcasting Corporation too I see.

What a load of (insert as you feel).

We have a national obesity epidemic and we have our health service and misinformed talking heads like this directly and intentionally shoving the general public further down the path to oblivion.

Im not stopping my cheese intake, love the stuff, although you can ban blue cheese if you like (blurrrrgh)

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Havnt got a clue about the person quoted, but speaking as someone who is diagnosed as being intolerant to lactose (among other foods), I can identify with the addictive qualities of those foods to which I am intolerant ( counterintuitive I know but the way the medics explained it to me is that the body at first releases adrenalin and other hormones in response to the ‘offending’ food giving an initial and addictive high, and frank symptoms only appear once the adrenals are unable to cope so an addiction remains alongside symptoms)
when it comes to dairy - cows milk / cream and cows milk cheese are the things that stimulate strong reactions in me ( rhinitis, excema, bloating & weight gain) and cows milk cheese is the thing I find stimulates an addictive reaction very quickly. Goat and sheep milk / cheese are less of a problem

Last edited:

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I have given up high carbs. I am not giving up my cheese or meat lol

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Havnt got a clue about the person quoted, but speaking as someone who is diagnosed as being intolerant to lactose (among other foods), I can identify with the addictive qualities of foods to which I am intolerant.
when it comes to dairy - cows milk / cream and cows milk cheese are the things that stimulate strong reactions in me ( rhinitis, excema, bloating & weight gain) and cows milk cheese is the thing I find stimulates an addictive reaction very quickly. Goat and sheep milk / cheese are less of a problem
I dont think you would then write an article telling others how bad milk and milk products are, would you?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
So would that be cheese in blankets? Cows in blankets.....? Want some, drooooling

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I dont think you would then write an article telling others how bad milk and milk products are, would you?
No. If I could be bothered to write any article about milk though, it would mention the fact that intolerance to dairy, particularly cow dairy, is a pretty ( increasingly?) common food intolerance and is a factor to consider in childhood excema and asthma, also in intractable weight problems and rhinitis. For me I only became free of excema, and lost a significant weight (61/2 stone in 6 months) when food intolerances were diagnosed.
Edited to add
There are also some theories linking dairy allergies to the triggering of the autoimmune processes behind T1 diabetes, although Ive never been sure what to make of them

Reactions: lucylocket61

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese is my staple now and it keeps me from losing weight. Thank Goodness I'm not lactose intolerant as both my kids are.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Havnt got a clue about the person quoted, but speaking as someone who is diagnosed as being intolerant to lactose (among other foods), I can identify with the addictive qualities of those foods to which I am intolerant ( counterintuitive I know but the way the medics explained it to me is that the body at first releases adrenalin and other hormones in response to the ‘offending’ food giving an initial and addictive high, and frank symptoms only appear once the adrenals are unable to cope so an addiction remains alongside symptoms)
My stepmum, along with the guy who wrote the article, are also dairy intolerant. In her case she really noticed that ditching dairy helped her joints immensely. It is a shame that she doesn't eat meat as she 'went off ; it a few years ago.
Seems as if cheese and certain nuts are very 'moreish' for certain people but I do feel for those who are truly intolerant of dairy (70% iof all humans though most seem to live in the Southern hemisphere apparently),.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
as someone who is diagnosed as being intolerant to lactose (among other foods)
cows milk cheese are the things that stimulate strong reactions in me
With the cheese you must have something else going on then, as a lot of mature cheeses do not contain lactose anymore due to the riping process. Might be another food intolerance but not the lactose.