Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi, A very happy new year to you all, I hope 2019 will be a happy and a healthy one X
I can't believe we have gone over the 10,000 mark in 6 months, it's incredible, but all down to you lovely guys posting and keeping it going :) Here's to another 6 months and beyond............. :happy:
Really so happy that my comment about why there weren't more T1s around hopefully helped this thread to come about. Well done @Robinredbreast

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1546367723260.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast . 10,000 + is amazing, especially considering the number of T1’ s are on the forum.
I recall you starting the thread and other threads that appeared at the same time.
The thread has surpassed all expectations. Openness, honesty, fun, sincerity and understanding are what makes this thread unique.
Here’s to the next 10,000 and more.

Oh and especially for you.......

“TOP BANANA”

Definitely Top Bananarama :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have just realized, that 2019 will be my 30th year with Type 1, diagnosed in 1989 when I went to visit my relative up north, I traveled by 2 coach's, first to Victoria station, then to Middlesborough, I lasted one night, then went to North Tees General Hospital by ambulance, I can't believe it was 3 decades ago and hoping (and it's a big hope o_O) that I get to 50 years, as I would like a 50 year shinny medal. :happy: Bring it on :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to say this when I saw it, but I thought of @therower when I was out and about on my walking exploits a few days ago and saw a shop called "Top Banana". I didn't have a camera with me to prove I'd seen it, so I can see I'll have to go back sometime for that - which is no hardship as I do regularly walk in that general direction, and there are some good shops. I'd wandered down one of the side streets which has some shops I'd never looked at along it and came across the "Top Banana" shop as a result. (Vintage clothing for those who like to know.)

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, all, hope you all had a good one!

Popped into my local for a few pints of real ale pre-midnight, then trotted up to Princes Street for the fireworks, then back to the local for another couple around the 12:30am to 2am mark, then watched some telly before hitting the sack about 3am.

One of the good things about the bars in my area is that some of the staff have been there for years now, so it's always good at this time of year when I'm getting a pint saying to them, och, you've drawn the short straw on the working hours, get one for yerself!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP . Worlds strongest man. It’s not what it was years ago ( only my opinion :) ).
What are your thoughts?
There just doesn’t seem to be the characters involved anymore.
Actually met Geoff Capes many years back.
He had two endearing qualities.
1. He could eat sausages like no one I’ve met before or since.
2. He had an ability to lip read. :).

Reactions: SueJB

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A very late happy new year all, busy day here, good to see you on parade @Scott-C in light of the bets on what time you'd surface! I've already been to bed, wanted an early night, can't sleep as I'm paying for a busy day with bl**dy sciatica so got up to take some painkillers, waiting for them to kick in before I go back to bed. Still, got a lot of what needed doing done.

Glad those of you who celebrate New Year had a good one!

Reactions: Alison54321

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP . Worlds strongest man. It’s not what it was years ago ( only my opinion :) ).
What are your thoughts?
There just doesn’t seem to be the characters involved anymore.
Actually met Geoff Capes many years back.
He had two endearing qualities.
1. He could eat sausages like no one I’ve met before or since.
2. He had an ability to lip read. :).
I still love it! And a very worthy winner this year :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Back to work today.

Reactions: hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not back in work until Monday.
BS is being very well behaved with minimum effort the last few days. It’ll all change I’m sure but for the moment I’ll bask in it being easy peasy.
Grandkids sitting today. Manic fun will shortly commence:):):).
Have a good day everyone.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Booked an extra day off so at the moment sort of OK.

Was going to the gym, get BSL down but looking at the frost on the car, warm inside and coffee is far more tempting so maybe later :rolleyes:

@therower yes the joke was on the monitor resolution :hilarious:

@Mel dCP What was Aquaman like?
Please do not forget the out of date credit card for scraping the ice off the windscreen !!! Best Wishes with the BSL!!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
HNY colanders!

Went to bed at 11, got rudely woken up by a military barrage of ordnance outside my bedroom window which gave me a lovely adrenaline spike that took the rest of the night to bring down. Four corrections over the course of the night made for a pretty broken sleep! Grrr.

Quiet day here, cinema later.

No @Scott-C yet? :D
Can you collect the empty ordnance shells to make art work?? Please do not forget to come up for air after Aquaman !!

Reactions: Knikki

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Floating along on about 35 to 40 g carbs per day and, except for exercise, my bolus, basal and BSLs are behaving.
Just feeling like lots of sleep. But the weather is hot so that is my excuse. No man flu, no keto flu allowed !!!
BSLs rise 4.6 --> 9.6 mmol/l after walking to library and back, 4 hours after breakfast, no snacks. And then I mistimed reducing the basal rate before the start of the exercise-related downturn in BSL because I had corrected for the 9.6 mmol/l. D'oh !!
Ah, well I can always fine tune it. Off to the store tomorrow for seaweed to help with the diet!!
Steel cannulas are holding up well but I have decided to change them every two days as recommended (rather than every 3 days as per the plastic cannulas). I am hoping that less insulin in one spot will cause less scarring so more sites and less hassle with insulin absorption longer term.. That is the theory!!!
I just need another 50 years to get this diabetes thing pegged !!!
IMG_3275 (1).jpg