Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all, back to the deployment of advanced distraction techniques to avoid doing the things that must be done, or work, as some of you call it.

Last night started a new sensor, it just decided to show low, hoping it will start working better over the course of the day.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all and wishing you a wonderful Wednesday. The engineer is coming out this afternoon to ( hopefully) fix my wifi :)
Woke up on 11.3:meh: so took an extra 1/2 unit to help bring it down.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Frosty morning to you all :)
Back to work AGAIN for me, never get too many days off when in the motor industry :grumpy::grumpy:
Woke to an 8 this morning and slowly rising, time for another correction dose and look at my morning ratios
Looks like its the morning of high(ish( BGs this morning

@Mel dCP what was Aquaman like?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning and a happy new year to all you wonderful people. Partied and stayed at a very good friends house, 5 sets of parents, and 10 kids (I think!) - it was crazy, aged 5 or 6 to 13 or there abouts all but 1, girls..........poor lad!

BG was as expected...........

Back to work tomorrow and normal routine thankfully.

@hh1 I do hope your sciatica clears up quickly, I’m still not completely back to normal from my bout in the summer.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning and a happy new year to all you wonderful people. Partied and stayed at a very good friends house, 5 sets of parents, and 10 kids (I think!) - it was crazy, aged 5 or 6 to 13 or there abouts all but 1, girls..........poor lad!

BG was as expected...........

Back to work tomorrow and normal routine thankfully.

@hh1 I do hope your sciatica clears up quickly, I’m still not completely back to normal from my bout in the summer.
Thanks @slip, it's been going on since August and nothing I've tried seems to really make any difference. Time to go back to the medics for a diagnosis that's more than just 'sciatica' I think. Hope yours continues to improve.

Reactions: slip

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 sympathies re the sciatica. It’s a devil of a pain.
It’s interesting listening to everyone talk about going back to work. I am retired, going on 3 and a bit years now and have to say I have not missed it one bit. Though I loved my job. Life is very busy (too busy at times) but does have a certain routine about it. Was itching to get going yesterday, so as hubby was out notching up the birds I took down all the decs and packed them away. Then blitzed the downstairs. Blitzing upstairs today. Back to grandson duties, gardening and swim training next week. Then at the end of month parents for a while when mum has knee replacement. Add in food shopping, litter picking and meetings, there is absolutely no time to go out to work.
The fly in the appointment has been sugar levels. Sky high! New basal today so hoping for a result. Fit as a fiddle and pretty strict eating and no alcohol for last few days and still high grr!

K

Knikki

@helensaramay . No frost here today. Almost a pleasant day. @Knikki is having frost problems :).
Still not sure it warrants missing a gym workout:). Perhaps we should shame him into scraping the windscreen.;)

Well the car is now clear so the gym kit is on and...................oh hang on................its lunch time :hilarious:

On a side note brain gone to mush and having another roller coaster day :banghead: Just managing to keep on top of things but still it's one of those, moon in the cusp of Uranus, wrong socks on, odd colour socks on, day is brass monkys etc days.:arghh:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greeting fellow colanders and happy new year to one and all

Back to salt mines again this morning. - 5 this morning, so took a while to scrape the car and drive to work. Schools still off so roads are quiet.

Even work is quiet, only had 4 emails to deal with when i first came in which took less than 10 mins to sort out. Did not do much for the next few hours, but emails now starting to come through, now sitting with about 20 to action

BG behaving sort of, nice BG of 6.1 when i woke, but my usual mid morning spike around 10 am to 11.1 now back at a decent 6.2.

Not seen Aquaman, as I hate the cinema, however family have been and say it is fantastic

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all, Aquaman was fab. Utterly ridiculous, but great fun. Take your brain out entertainment. Jason Momoa is a big boy isn’t he?

Terrible night’s sleep due to restless husband, which means I’m grumpy and insulin resistant today, which make me incredibly grumpy. Have had to put my “shark week” setting on my pod, it’s that bad. Harrumph.

I’ve already developed a love/hate relationship with this flippin’ Fitbit(ch) thing, the BG display is great, but all the exercise horror it keeps suggesting isn’t so much. Think I’ve managed to turn most of the nagging off. Found a nice little metronome app with a cat on that buzzes at 120bpm, useful for timing chest compressions properly if I’m doing CPR. and I can track my water intake, which I suppose is useful. And sleep tracking. However, having said all that, I am aware that I need to move more (it’ll be interesting to see what stats come up on supply teaching days) because I am ExtremelyLazy(tm). And now I have a pump and CGM I’m not so worried about hypos creeping up on me if I do. So I am doing a yoga tomorrow, my best mate is a yoga instructor, so I’m going to her class. Wish me luck...

Hope those of you back in work today have a relatively tolerable time of it x

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am feeling utterly virtuous.

HMRC annual self-assessment conquered for another year. Minor blip at one point, but sorted after I'd been for a walk and the payment system was working again. (No stress rise for blood sugars either - I was kind of expecting it as I can spend the time yelling at the computer, but, on the whole, it's an easy process for me as long as I've got everything to hand, phones charged up, ink in printer and P60 for Main Paid Job - but I didn't even need that this year as the information was already there.)

Other financial tidying done. Church admin done until the end of February. New Travelcard ordered and sin confessed - that of losing the former one on a walk "Between Occasionally Used Supermarket and the Fast Food Emporium where I'd stopped for a coffee before getting on a bus, Except I didn't, I walked home." "That's a long way^... was the faint reply. "No," said me, cheerfully "just 3.5 miles before I realised, and then another 3 miles home." "Oh...." was the even fainter reply.

I do forget how far I walk these days without thinking about it.

I'm not back to Main Paid Job until Monday, so apart from Sunday Morning, I've completed the job list so can enjoy the next days. Oh, apart from the 4th attempt to get the items from the repeat prescription I put in just before Christmas. I'm not going to bore you with all the details, even the prescribing doctor admits the faults weren't mine, (I was prepared to admit I may have got the original requests wrong - but I hadn't.) but I have spent more time traipsing to and fro between home, surgery and pharmacy sorting this out than is desirable. I have made my feelings politely but firmly known in both camps.

Reactions: kitedoc

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hi everyone, I’m back. Did you miss me? (No answer needed)
Spent the morning at the orthopaedic section of the hospital and now I’m on the list for a knee replacement. Whoopee! I was shocked by the x-ray - my left knee’s compressed and the tibia, fibula and patella are all rubbing against each other, no wonder the swear box is full of ripe language.
Listening to those of you returning to the salt mine and chalk face I feel sooooo grateful to be retired. I miss the daily social interactions of work but not the relentless turning up for it.
The netting’s come off the pond and the fish are thriving tho it’s a little disturbing to see that the newts are there too, not hibernating as the usually are in winter; a couple of June flowering roses are out and the watercress is growing strong. Is the apocalypse nigh? Cue Terry Pratchett.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news about the knee op @Fairygodmother Hope it happens as quick as my mothers. 4 weeks originally, unfortunately cancelled due to her having a tooth out. Got her recall 3 days ago for the end of the month.

Reactions: Fairygodmother