HELP NEEDED Fitness Trackers / Smart Watch

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak thanks for all the links - I stayed up way too late again last night browsing them and the reviews and got to the same position I was in a couple of months ago when I first considered getting ine of these - that is to say confused and undecided. Will confine my comments to the exercise thread in future as I fear we are going way off topic here.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak thanks for all the links - I stayed up way too late again last night browsing them and the reviews and got to the same position I was in a couple of months ago when I first considered getting ine of these - that is to say confused and undecided. Will confine my comments to the exercise thread in future as I fear we are going way off topic here.

@Rachox @Brunneria @DCUKMod @Pipp anyway our fitness tracker discussion on here can be moved to a new thread in the exercise section?

Tagging @shelley262 @ianpspurs @jjraak and @DJC3

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: jjraak

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 @jjraak @ianpspurs @shelley262 this is where our fitness tracker discussion was moved to be dcukmod and diakat.

Update on the Lidl cheapie. I may continue to use it for sleep (no probs sleeping in it) but it won’t be a substitute for my simple pedometer/phone for tracking activity as it counts all sorts of stuff (changing sheets, seriously?) as steps and I don’t find it helpful as a watch/don’t want 2 things on my wrist.

Rushing out now so will update properly later. Will wear today to see how step count compares to phone and pedometer.

Reactions: OrsonKartt and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 update on the tracker. No enamoured with it. Associated app is clunky and it’s not adding to what I learn from the pedometer and phone counter. Sleep function doesn’t seem to reflect reality - left if off last night but apparently I had 9 hours 40 minutes of deep sleep. If only!

Reactions: DJC3

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve just treated myself to a secondhand Fitbit Ionic - not so much for the fitness aspect, but because they bought out Pebble, and I adored mine, but it’s just got too flaky to be reliable now. Fitbit based their smartwatches on the Pebble tech, and I can hook it up to my CGM to give me BG levels, insulin and carbs on board as well as all the other stuff they do. Having said all that, it has made me get a little more active, and the sleep and heart rate insights are very useful - if I have rotten sleep, I’m quite insulin resistant and need to wind up my pump the following day, so I can have a heads up by checking the app on my phone when I wake. Battery life seems to be about three days.

75F863C6-CC17-43DD-A771-CC3FEB8330C5.jpeg

Reactions: plantae and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 update on the tracker. No enamoured with it. Associated app is clunky and it’s not adding to what I learn from the pedometer and phone counter. Sleep function doesn’t seem to reflect reality - left if off last night but apparently I had 9 hours 40 minutes of deep sleep. If only!

Thanks for the update. I’m glad I didn’t rush into it ( unusual for me) I’m tending towards the mi band 3 I think. I’m not particularly interested in techy stuff so it needs to be fairly cheap and easy to use.

Jackin

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey! Just wanted to bring some more information :)
There are a few great smart rings that I think could really help with diabetes. Like Oura or Circular rings.
Hoping you got everything you need by that time.

• Informative
Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since this thread has been reactivated thought I’d update! Am now using a Garmin (the Venu Sq). Actually bought it to monitor heart rate and energy levels (through its body battery feature) in connection with my Long Covid. Due to the need to pace I’m not using most of the traditional fitness tracking elements, but I can see that they’d be useful.

The watch is useful as a watch, is waterproof and has a decent battery life - just about a week - which means I wear it 24/7. It integrates with an app on my phone and the sleep tracker seems a bit more accurate than others I’ve used. Definitely recommend a look at the Garmin range.

Reactions: SimonP78

marty313

Hey! Just wanted to bring some more information :)
There are a few great smart rings that I think could really help with diabetes. Like Oura or Circular rings.
Hoping you got everything you need by that time.
I wear a Garmin Forerunner 955. It can be paired with xDrip running on your phone and display your blood glucose from a CGM in real time.

Reactions: SimonP78