Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

Evening all.

Apart from getting the car serviced, stupid price, but hey main dealer for you, had a relaxing day of doing not a lot.:cat:

Chrimbo deccys are also down in the Knikki household. :lock:

Also been a day of running very low until I eat the last mince pie, which livened things up a bit.o_O

Now sat here with wine and listening to Led Zepplin which shopping for stupid priced watches I am going to buy when I win the Lottery :happy:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I want my readings to look good, and 15% below target won't.

Alison, I wouldn't worry about that. If I remember correctly, we're in the same NHS area, and the docs here, due to Lothian being at the forefront of libre prescribing, have seen lots of patients using libre, so they know about its quirks and tendency to exaggerate lows.

I had a checkup a few weeks back, we were discussing some apparently low readings.

The doc was totally on song with the explanation that libre can show 2.6 when a reality bg test shows 4.6. She said that they've seen that sort of thing a lot, and agreed with my take on it that the libre algorithm can be convinced for hours that we're hypo when we're not.

She was perfectly happy to say, aye, it says low but I know you weren't.

The Lothian libre experience is becoming really interesting. Docs here are starting to see people getting way lower a1cs, not through going hypo all the time, but through using libre to figure out ways to avoid going above 10 too much.

If you get any grief at your next checkup about a lower a1c, tell them that - it's not through hypos, it's because of not swimming around above 10.

I had a whole lot of calibrated numbers from xDrip+ to make it more persuasive, but that's another story...

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Alison, I wouldn't worry about that. If I remember correctly, we're in the same NHS area, and the docs here, due to Lothian being at the forefront of libre prescribing, have seen lots of patients using libre, so they know about its quirks and tendency to exaggerate lows.

I had a checkup a few weeks back, we were discussing some apparently low readings.

The doc was totally on song with the explanation that libre can show 2.6 when a reality bg test shows 4.6. She said that they've seen that sort of thing a lot, and agreed with my take on it that the libre algorithm can be convinced for hours that we're hypo when we're not.

She was perfectly happy to say, aye, it says low but I know you weren't.

The Lothian libre experience is becoming really interesting. Docs here are starting to see people getting way lower a1cs, not through going hypo all the time, but through using libre to figure out ways to avoid going above 10 too much.

If you get any grief at your next checkup about a lower a1c, tell them that - it's not through hypos, it's because of not swimming around above 10.

I had a whole lot of calibrated numbers from xDrip+ to make it more persuasive, but that's another story...

I expect the doctor, whichever one it is, to be good, it's more my pride that is knocked, than any fear of them telling me off.

But yes, the Lothian has been really interesting. That's pretty much what I've done, just try to avoid going too high. I also think the Time in Target is great, because it motivates me to try and keep improving it.

I think they will be well rewarded for being brave and taking the risk, and making it so freely available.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all.
Helen, you make me feel tired just reading all that you’re doing before the walk - have a good one, see nice stuff!
Well I should know better, pasta and cheese sauce should be reserved for lunch, not supper, and I KNOW I don’t like waking at 5.00 to fix the already extended kickback. Grrrr. Stupid woman!

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all. Well stooopid me was just getting ready for bed last night, a bit tired, got my BASAL pen, dialled up 13 units, into my leg it went, putting the lid back on and noticed FIASP!!! Mel's cat! Really wasn't hungry either. So went to bed armed with 110gramms of chocolate and crisps. No alarms during the night and woke to a 9.2. So that's Paul 1 type 1 0

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all! I also was planning a little walk today, up around the forestry land bumour new wind farm, but have been scuppered by the husband’s cold/flu/lurgy - he’s been dying noisily with it for three days now, and I seem to have succumbed. I’ve not got the fever that he has, just the feebleness, mucus, headache and sore throat in sympathy. Feeling pretty rotten and hacked off. BG levels seem ok though and not indicative of a flu, so just keeping hydrated and warm. Grrr.

Hope you all have a better one!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was supposed to be going out with a friend for the rest of today, but friend's had to cry off, so I'm sitting trying to decide if I'm going to go ahead with the plan or do something local instead. (We were going on an hour's train trip.) I don't particularly want to sit around succumbing to end of holiday doom and gloom.

Plus, either I've got a bad batch of test strips, or my Novorapid has gone off halfway through, or just being out of routine has had my blood sugars higher than usual. Or my ratios need rethinking. Or I'm having an insulin resistant spell. Or my entire system is sulking because I'm denying it the level of carbs it was quite enjoying... (I can report that the joint achiness has gone away just two days in!) Any of the above are suspects in this outrage. I'll do all the usual stuff before I throw a tantrum.

Ah. My socks don't match my tee-shirt. I'll blame that for today. (No idea why, but I usually do have tee-shirt and socks matching colours...)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1546781596111.jpg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon fellow teabags hope you are all doing well.

Its seems that Indian food and I just dont get along, even though I do love it. Had my Novo slow around 6.30pm followed by some pakora, nan bread and a rather delish chicken tikka bhoona. Until bedtime BG were lovely hardly any movement at all and went to bed on a 7.2, which for me is OK. Woke up around 2.30 and now at 14.5, ooops. Correction dose taken and woke a rather decent 6.8

Now they tell us about carbs but seems they forgot to mention fats, protein etc, something I was never made aware of in my 37+ years of being type 1. Its only since I came here that i was made aware of this. Complicated stuff this type 1

So for future Indian meals looks like I am gonna have to take a correction bolus dose if my BG is greater than 6 when its bedtime and hope for the best

K

Knikki

@smc4761 have a look on the myfitnesspal, think that's it, which has loads of carb values for Indian food, some of which is zero :eek: However the rice and nan bread will be where the carbs are.

All ok over here except sat at a 3.3:meh: which is not what I wanted but that's fine.

Successful morning buying furniture stuff. Now back on the vintage amp quest or go blow s**t up in the universe again o_O:bag:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi guys, how are you all, have you had a good weekend ? A busy day yesterday, but a quieter one today. Prepared Chicken Cow Mein for mine and daughter's dinner tonight, her choice :):hungry:

Ladies, have you heard of Magic Mike, well I saw this listing in the TV mag, showing tonight on W @ 9pm to 11.20pm, can someone tell me what channel W is ? I have built in Freeview on my television......... I would really, really, really, like to watch this educational programme ;):D:happy: :happy:

Reactions: Alison54321

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 have a look on the myfitnesspal, think that's it, which has loads of carb values for Indian food, some of which is zero :eek: However the rice and nan bread will be where the carbs are.

All ok over here except sat at a 3.3:meh: which is not what I wanted but that's fine.

Successful morning buying furniture stuff. Now back on the vintage amp quest or go blow s**t up in the universe again o_O:bag:

Hi @Knikki , My fitness pal is excellent I use it a lot. I had bolused for the carbs in the meal, mainly nan and pakora and for all night up to bedtime BG were as expected. Its just about 3 hours later they had shot way up, I am guessing as a result of fat and protein in meal. Bloody complicated stuff this type 1

Reactions: porl69

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Type Ones !!! Wishing you all a very happy day. This is my first post on this thread which can appear daunting with 512 pages and over 10,200 replies, so I just jumped to nearly the end hoping it's not necessary to read all. I was diagnosed only 5.5 months ago but I was experiencing symptoms for a year before that. I have been struggling with all the related issues but dealing just fine with it (due to all of the information gained here from you guys) - no complaints. This forum is a wonderful place . . .

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, how are you all, have you had a good weekend ? A busy day yesterday, but a quieter one today. Prepared Chicken Cow Mein for mine and daughter's dinner tonight, her choice :):hungry:

Ladies, have you heard of Magic Mike, well I saw this listing in the TV mag, showing tonight on W @ 9pm to 11.20pm, can someone tell me what channel W is ? I have built in Freeview on my television......... I would really, really, really, like to watch this educational programme ;):D:happy: :happy:

Not a lady and unfortunately bad news - W is a pay TV channel not on Freeview I'm afraid. Enjoy your chow mein tonight though :)

Hello Type Ones !!! Wishing you all a very happy day. This is my first post on this thread which can appear daunting with 512 pages and over 10,200 replies, so I just jumped to nearly the end hoping it's not necessary to read all. I was diagnosed only 5.5 months ago but I was experiencing symptoms for a year before that. I have been struggling with all the related issues but dealing just fine with it (due to all of the information gained here from you guys) - no complaints. This forum is a wonderful place . . .

Don't feel daunted - welcome to the thread @JAT1 - it's probably one of - if not the - most helpful and friendly thread on the forum.

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69