1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Diakat . Good to have you back in the land of normality.
    Hope you’re not feeling to rough.
    What is it with diabetic/ insulin induced hypos? Guess that would be a totally different discussion for us.
    Take care and have a good day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks @therower feeling tired and a little fragile but ok and obviously the family have had a good laugh so all’s well.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Kind people I hope this covers everyone who have comforted me with kind words regarding puppy Banger

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

He passed away over the festive season and I didn’t come on here until after New Year had passed

We are thinking about another pup but maybe a few months down the line

Thanks once again dear friends

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

So that's why Google has been down since last night then! :hilarious:

Some sort of pasta dish last night, seem to have handled it fairly well, but had to do a correction before going to bed and thought I'd add just an extra unit on as the pasta tail will still be working it's magic - 3.8 this morning.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Why this system wont? I have no idea Microsoft error messages are so much Mel's cat it is not true ~sigh~

Talking of which hey @Mel dCP How did the yoga go? did try it once and the amount of 'gas' :hilarious: released was amusing.

Oh BSL is BS anyway sensor change tonight.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Your relationship with software hasn't improved over the Christmas break, then?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alison54321

Morning everyone, changed sensor Tuesday night, it's slowly getting a bit more reliable, but mostly reading too low, except, of course, yesterday morning, when I had a hypo, and it was reading higher than the fingerprick test. But that feels more like the normal relationship.

Yesterday, during the day, was very hypoey, so I've reduced the day time levemir today. I think maybe I find Christmas, and the New Year stressful, in some way, that I don't really understand. It's as if everything stops, and I get quite frustrated by that. I know other people enjoy that, but it seems that maybe it annoys me a bit more than I realised.

• Like Like x 4
  8. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Woke to a 7 this morning but rising to an 11 again today. Will have to change my morning ratio I think
    I think my Tresiba is running out on me at around 9 PM, Bloods are fine for tea and 3 hours after but around 3 1/2 hours after food my BGs start rising. I only have 13 units of Tresiba and am thinking it could be that. Have altered my ratios in the evening over the last 5 days with various different effects.

• Like Like x 3
  9. therower

Been there, got the T-shirt. Use it as an excuse for an easy day. Lay it on thick and play the sympathy card.;););)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, higher start to the day than I'd've liked at 8.8, partly due to not correcting enough last night when it rose to 15 almost 3 hours after eating having seemed to settle at a very tidy 7. So @porl69 I get the frustration about bg rising after you'd expect from eating. It's been happening to me this past week when not much else has chnaged and I don't get it. Needed to change both basal and bolus vials last night so fingers crossed that makes a difference.

@Diakat I'm with @therower all the way on how to deal with today ;) hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 7
  11. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yoga was good! Managed not to flatulate, although doing things lying in my front was a tad uncomfortable with my current pod being on the front of my thigh. I’m not sure there’s anywhere that’s not going to get in the way, so I’ll just have to live with it. Needed to take a small correction halfway through as I hit mid 7s and climbing. Had a fish curry for dinner when I got home, which was 10g carb and a lot of protein, so I just did an extended dose for the protein and let the IOB soak up the carbs. Seemed to have worked ok, as I had an undisturbed night and woke up at 5.6 :) On CFR call tonight, I wonder what the evening will bring? Probably another two hour job five minutes before I log off :D

Wishing you all a happy Friday ♥️

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh Diakat, these hypo-realities are too disconcerting for comfort: post-hypo prescription is a day on the sofa while ‘normal’ reality reinstated.
    My most recent hypo-dream involved gently running my car into a wall, having all debit cards stolen from my purse and picking a fight when even I knew I was in the wrong. Half way through I had the wit to know it a cliche when I wished it were only a dream. Mel’s Cat to adrenaline dreams.
    Anyone else left feeling all perception’s just a matter of endocrine balance?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

No but also added into the mix is hardware as well this time ~sigh~

I ended up moving my Tresiba to first thing in the morning to try and stop the morning rise, however because of what I eat for breakfast I do get a spike but it is easier to catch now.

One reason I moved mine was to stop the really, really night time lows I was getting, it is way better now.

Think @kev-w moved his Tresiba to lunchtime but I am not sure if he still does that.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Alison54321

Hmmmmmmmmmm...............I don't have weird things happen to my brain when I'm hypo, that's usually when my blood sugar is normal. Low blood sugars make me quite sensible. :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thinking of moving Tresiba to the morning will be a good idea.
    Pump needs to hurry up and get here lol :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Fairygodmother, sometimes the adrenaline rush preceding the brain fuzz is filled with wonderful ideas, inventions and amazing revelations, which sadly melt in the light of normal daylight and a return to full sanity. But one of these days, who knows I might invent something which works!!
    Brain fuzz experience for me seems like repetitive dreams or thoughts, fragmented and not remembered in detail. The dullness and headache afterwards is the worse part.
    I have heard that excess thyroid hormone makes people jittery and speed up a bit, Steroids can cause paranoia and loss of reality.
    Sex hormones, 'nuff said.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. LooperCat

Afternoon! Madam is behaving quite well, just had a big bowl of prawns, avocado and a sweet chilli dressing made from soya yogurt instead of my usual mayonnaise (trying to shed some lard). Little bit of insulin (0.2u) up front, and 0.75u over two hours for the prawns. Let’s see how it behaves - shouldn’t be hungry on my shift this evening. I’m not getting such big adrenaline spikes when a call comes through now, so fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

I don’t remember any weird dreams with night hypos, quite disappointed now :(

@helensaramay - do you think yoga is likely to raise or lower BG?

• Like Like x 4
  18. LooperCat

I am that childish, you know ;)

It’s Hatha yoga, so concentrating on strength and flexibility rather than getting sweaty. Although my Fitbit(ch) says my heart rate went up to 187 at one point... shortly after that my BG rose from the high 5s to the mid 7s, so I took a tiny correction of 0.3u to stop it going higher, and it was back in the 6s at the end. My friend isn’t big on the woo, and she knows I’m liable to wet myself laughing at it anyway, so it was fine on that front!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Yoga usually lowers me. But I do a retry active class lots of movement between poses, my teacher likes repeated sun salutations so stand, lunge, plank, repeat basically....

• Like Like x 5
  20. therower

Good evening people. Seems yoga is big today:). Can’t vouch for the affect of yogA on BS. As for yogURT well I can definitely say it seldom, mostly nearly always affects my BS slightly.
    Busyish day.
    Making a bespoke corner shelf at the wife’s request ( re. nagging ). Interesting how working out of your comfort zone affects sugars. Christmas goodies came in handy a few times.
    We are now the proud owners of a lovely, new, poppy red front door. Far better than the cheap upvc rubbish we inherited when we moved in. Having mates in the trade made for a good deal.
    Every intention of chilling out for the evening now. Get this 3.6 sorted and everything should go according to plan from here on in.

• Like Like x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook