What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, yes another Monday . I woke to a 5.8 ... I've been thinking a bit after much reading and watching lectures about the implication of being a type 2, albeit one who has some control. The research says that heightened blood sugar puts me at a higher risk of having a heart attack. There is a test which I'm thinking of asking for but wondered if anyone here had done this on the NHS. .... https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/coronary-calcium-scan#1

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning awoke twice in the night but managed to get back to sleep again, weird how one wakes up for no reason when never used to before, hope all has a great Monday xxx
I woke up a few times because of knee pain , it comes and goes but this time its the worse . I had get up and get an ice pack for it still hurting me . I sleep well when i am in a deep sleep but wish i could sleep without broken sleep .
I do agree that when I do sleep it is quality sleep and I never got that before , just got to get the knees sorted out .

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, yes another Monday . I woke to a 5.8 ... I've been thinking a bit after much reading and watching lectures about the implication of being a type 2, albeit one who has some control. The research says that heightened blood sugar puts me at a higher risk of having a heart attack. There is a test which I'm thinking of asking for but wondered if anyone here had done this on the NHS. .... https://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/coronary-calcium-scan#1
My theory is that if we have our blood sugar under control and on target then we have less chance or the same chance as everyone else who isn't diabetic. I'm probably on my own in this way of thinking , but I am thinking positive , I'm a none smoker and never drink alcohol . I'll speak to my doctor he's a really encouraging guy and it is he that told me the LCHF diet would reverse type 2 . If we reverse the problem then how can we still be at risk ?

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, another 12.8 for me today..... went to bed on a 9 and the last food I ate was at 5pm yesterday! :(. I had also been walking around quite a lot at a big weeding fair!

Calling the diabetic nurses when their office opens at 8 to speak to them about my insulin dose!

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, another 12.8 for me today..... went to bed on a 9 and the last food I ate was at 5pm yesterday! :(. I had also been walking around quite a lot at a big weeding fair!

Calling the diabetic nurses when their office opens at 8 to speak to them about my insulin dose!
What did you eat yesterday ?

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
What did you eat yesterday ?
Not a lot lol!

Sausage and bacon in morning (low carb sausages)

Then had chicken mushrooms and peppers for lunch with some cheese (random I know)

Then some almonds later.

It’s been this level no matter what I eat.

Doctors are unsure if type 1 or type 2 yet so waiting results. Until then they put me on last lasting insulin but don’t think it’s quite enough!

Reactions: karen8967

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a lot lol!

Sausage and bacon in morning (low carb sausages)

Then had chicken mushrooms and peppers for lunch with some cheese (random I know)

Then some almonds later.

It’s been this level no matter what I eat.

Doctors are unsure if type 1 or type 2 yet so waiting results. Until then they put me on last lasting insulin but don’t think it’s quite enough!
I think peppers are quite high in carbs , I am new to this myself so could be wrong . Let us now how you get on please .

Reactions: SB.25

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like heat in my dishes but not just heat, I want to taste other spices as well. I have a shelf of Indian cookbooks in my bookcase. My son-in-law was so surprised when he first took my daughter out to dinner as she was very familiar with Indian foods as I've been cooking Indian since the 80s.

My son-in-law does cook for us occasionally. He's an only child (unusual for India) and his late mom was ill much of the time so he learned to cook quite young. Yes, south Indian food is close to Sri Lankan cooking - lots of coconut (both milk and shredded), rice (I skip that) and curry leaves. The 5 southern states share some food in common although there are differences between them as they are 4 different ethnic groups with 4 different languages (the state he's from Andhra Pradesh has the hottest food). We have a lot of Tamil Sri Lankans in my part of Toronto and I have some Sri Lankan Tamil neighbours as well Tamils from Tamil Nadu, India (apparently the dialect is different, they don't always understand each other). My son-in-law lived and worked in Chennai (Madras) for 2 years and picked up a some oral Tamil but he's lost it because he doesn't use it much here. His speaks Telugu and Urdu (the 2 official languages of his state), as well as Hindi and English, the 2 national languages (he went to an English language school since he was 6 so his English is excellent). I've picked up a little bit of Hindi to use in Indian grocery stores when asking for ingredients (which is very close to Urdu in its oral form) but I find Telugu incredibly difficult to pronounce.

I can almost smell the lovely Indian food after reading this! Brought back wonderful memories for me too as I used to work in Chennai. Only for a short period of 2 months (training officer). But I loved my time there, the people were amazing, so much so we are still friends 14 years later (I was there just after the devastating tsunami).

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@dogslife -- Wonderful that you had an enjoyable birthday celebration. Hugs for the rollercoaster blood sugars yesterday.
@Charis1213 -- Well done on dropping three dress sizes. Enjoy your shopping tour.
@SueJB -- Hugs for the hypo. Hope tomorrow will be better.

Fasting blood sugars today were 4.4.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
My theory is that if we have our blood sugar under control and on target then we have less chance or the same chance as everyone else who isn't diabetic. I'm probably on my own in this way of thinking , but I am thinking positive , I'm a none smoker and never drink alcohol . I'll speak to my doctor he's a really encouraging guy and it is he that told me the LCHF diet would reverse type 2 . If we reverse the problem then how can we still be at risk ?
Hi , many thanks for your thoughts. I'm glad to hear you are getting the support you need from your doctor. Mine is less forthcoming and I've reviewed the other practices in the area and it seems that they seem of a similar quality. Re heart issues :My dad died of a heart attack and my mum had a pacemaker due to heart issues . On my last diabetic review it was suggested I went onto statins and now having done the research I would like to actually know , rather than suspect or guess that I may have an issue. This to me is important due to the known side effects of statins.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today. After effects of weekend away at a wonderful wedding.

Back to normality today after the festive period which included other celebrations as well and I'm really looking forward to that.

Busy day ahead. Lots on my to do list.

Hope you all have good days.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slept in this morning when I should have been up early...an exciting Monday to start my week...British Gas are coming to service the boiler...fingers crossed it stands muster...I'm not so sure I would...just passed the mirror in the hallway...urghhh...coffee needed now...woke to a 5.8...slightly higher than the previous few days...must be the frisson of anticipation at finally securing an appointment with the elusive gas man lets hope he turns up.:)