Type 1'stars R Us

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, yesterday, in a moment of madness I decided to try making some Staffordshire oatcakes. Not sure I got anywhere close, the end product looked suspiciously like fried porridge, rather than the rather lovely little round crispy brown pancake like thing on the recipe, though I may just have thought that because I've been in Scotland too long.

I had some for breakfast, with bacon and tomato, they were quite nice, no idea what the blood sugar is going to do though, so waiting to see.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3.1 this morning :meh:

Seems Sunday was a day of walks for everyone, me included - Dog spent the evening crashed out...............a bit like me then!

Reactions: hh1 and kitedoc

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @JAT1
After a high spell over Christmas with massive DP I upped my Toujeo 1 unit to 10 and opened a new one. A day later and levels calmed down. Have had a nice, mainly in the blue week. The only trouble is I am level all day even when when haven’t eaten for ages. But at 3 in the morning drop low and require a Jelly baby or 2. This morning awoke on a 5.5 up arrow. 2 units of Fiasp and a 10 carb raspberry and yoghurt breakfast. Got into the pool for my swim session on a 6.5 and got out an hour later after 80 hard lengths on a 6.1. Now slowly rising after the Adrenalin. I know tonight I will require more carbs to counteract the exercise but on ordinary nights even with a glass of milk before bed cannot stop the lows. If I drop the Toujeo back down I will go back to constant corrections during the day and big morning rises.
A lot of rambling here but some suggestions would be welcome. As I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning Sieves!

All dressed up and nowhere to go this morning, no work today from my agency. Quite relieved, tbh, but it’s always amusing to get dressed as “Miss” and then change back to being me after an hour if there’s no phone call (for those new to the thread, I do a bit of part time work as a supply teacher). BG was a fruity 3.8 when the alarm went off - normally I don’t mind that because it’s the lower end of normal, but not so good for piloting a Ford Focus ;) I’d had a couple of low alarms in the small hours, so two dextrose tabs and a half hour 0% basal on my pod sorted those out. Currently running a 6.2 :) Might need to switch to my “busy” programme rather than my “lazy” one...

Sorry to hear about your demise, @helensaramay - hope you’ll continue to haunt the thread.

@Alison54321 - you’ve got me in the mood for pancakes now...

@becca59 - I’m not quite sure what to suggest, tbh. Toujeo is stronger Lantus, isn’t it? I suspect your low is due to the peaky action of the insulin - have you tried changing your injection time?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59 if you were using Levemir (or even Lantus) I'd suggest splitting it but Toujeo is suppose to last a lot longer. I'd hazard a guess you inject toujeo around 10-11pm?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Someones algorithm or at least programming isn't right is it if it can report a negative BG reading?! Question is for that brief moment of deadness did you do compression's and mouth to mouth on yourself? :hilarious:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
No CPR during my deadness
But I did wonder about the boundary testing of the Glimp app.

By the way, am I now a zombie?
Perhaps the Libre astral travelled to the Southern Hemisphere giving it a negative reading, but during this translation your liver snuck the requisite glucose into your system. I think the Libre entered death's realm in its passage. It may require a reverse charge to that realm to pay for its travel. Just send $50 to the following Southern Hemisphere address ..............
Ex-zombiefication costs extra !!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I changed mine on Saturday, as it was 14 days. The official app had me flatlining with LO for the last two days, but the MiaoMiao readings on Spike were fine, so I let it run to its natural end.
I get an extra day out of mine with Xdrip and the readings are usually pretty spot on as well. The Libre app can be a mile out on times and although I do scan with it (to keep my dietitian happy) I rarely take not of the results

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thank you @Fairygodmother, I wonder if @tim2000s has seen it? It would be interesting to see whether such technology helped attain similar results in groups divid
Thanks for the offer @kitedoc but I am happy with my Zombification. At least I want to check out any benefits before the reversal procedure.
Regarding the costs for exiting the death realm, some may be describing Brexit in the same way .... and I think it's best to avoid discussing the Brexit costs.
Fair enough @helensaramay, maybe there exists a dual state of zombie/non-zombie, but due to not allowing the 'B' word into the field it becomes 'zomie/non-zomie. Finalisation on end state depends on individual structural options, causation and free will.
Good luck. And if you end up on 'the other side' please send a post-card!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I get an extra day out of mine with Xdrip and the readings are usually pretty spot on as well. The Libre app can be a mile out on times and although I do scan with it (to keep my dietitian happy) I rarely take not of the results
@porl69 , Is there a special tool at work which can be applied to squeeze the last working drop out or are you a Libre whisperer.?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@porl69 , Is there a special tool at work which can be applied to squeeze the last working drop out or are you a Libre whisperer.?
I tend to shout at it a lot lol Only secret tool is the MM, which I do not think is such a secret any more :bag:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone!

Everything was going swimmingly this morning (a touch out of range at 9.0 when I woke but took a correction with my morning basal) until it came time for late breakfast a few hours later. Some kind soul had been in the fridge since I came in and chucked the milk I'd brought in for my mugs of tea (I decanted a small amount from a new bottle to a pint I'd finished over the weekend).

Currently fuming with my food and milkless cuppa. Was still at 9.0 when I took my dose for this so the correction held off some of the rise I experience on work mornings.

@helensaramay - please share the secret to negative glucose: it could be useful for us when we're a bit out of range on the high side!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use xDrip+ with my Libre too, and I find my readings go a bit wrong on day 15 - usually flatlining. Added to that, I like the consistency of knowing that I change it on the same day of the week (one less thing to think about), and I do rely on it quite heavily, unless I'm driving or, like @helensaramay says, 'out of bounds' and needing to correct. I only use the official reader to activate the sensors!

Reactions: kitedoc

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Interesting that Miaomiao keeps going for a whole day - Blucon stops after only an extra 12 hours but stays accurate during that time :)

Question for those using xDrip with Libre - when you activate a new sensor (via official scanner or LibreLink app) do you immediately start xDrip and wait the hour or do you wait the warmup hour and then start xDrip? Does it matter? The couple of times I've had sensors I've waited the hour and then put on my Blucon and started it up with a start time an hour earlier and it seems to spring to life but if I could just do it all at the same time and leave it it might be handier.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Interesting that Miaomiao keeps going for a whole day - Blucon stops after only an extra 12 hours but stays accurate during that time :)

Question for those using xDrip with Libre - when you activate a new sensor (via official scanner or LibreLink app) do you immediately start xDrip and wait the hour or do you wait the warmup hour and then start xDrip? Does it matter? The couple of times I've had sensors I've waited the hour and then put on my Blucon and started it up with a start time an hour earlier and it seems to spring to life but if I could just do it all at the same time and leave it it might be handier.

I try and get the new sensor in 24 hours before the old one ends to "bed in". Will start the new sensor. wait an hour then stop the MM with xdrip and retart it straight away

Reactions: db89