LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon friends!

Spill, @Knikki - we demand full beanage :D

Late on parade today, woke up half an hour before I needed to be at the optician which is 20 minutes away. Thank goodness for hats and chewing gum. Bloods fine overnight, and went to the hospital on the way home from the optician to pick up a new batch of pods. I decided to walk the long way around from the car park to the diabetes centre, which gave me a brisk mile and a half. Ended up having to sit in the car for almost an hour dealing with the resulting hypo. So that sucked.

Fingers crossed for your interview, @helensaramay x

Reactions: Alison54321
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys,
I had my diabetes review yesterday at my surgery, I had a feeling my HbA1c my wouldn't be great and I was right, it's 8.6 !! and Cholesterol is 5.2, so all in all, not ideal. She wasn't overly concerned but wrote on my Contact hosp for review print out + discuss Ambulatory monitoring system, looked this up and it's for the heart! I think she meant CGM and mentioned a pump. I rang the hospital diabetes nurses and she asked when my next appointment was, it's March 1st and said she would contact my hospital Diabetes consultant. If I don't hear anything by Thursday/Friday I will phone again.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hmm. I think that was a "meta interview" - an interview to work out if I am suitable for an interview.
I guess it works both ways so I asked a ton of questions about the company (and he didn't know all the answers) to work out if they are worthy of my time for an interview.
The jury is out. I'm not unhappy in my current role, just thought a change could be interesting.

Talking of juries lead me to think of rules and rule breaking.
If it is not against the forum rules to hint at something to rant at and then run away, it should.
We all know who I am thinking of! :rolleyes:

There's the Scream thread, great for having a good ole moan :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon friends!

Spill, @Knikki - we demand full beanage :D

Late on parade today, woke up half an hour before I needed to be at the optician which is 20 minutes away. Thank goodness for hats and chewing gum. Bloods fine overnight, and went to the hospital on the way home from the optician to pick up a new batch of pods. I decided to walk the long way around from the car park to the diabetes centre, which gave me a brisk mile and a half. Ended up having to sit in the car for almost an hour dealing with the resulting hypo. So that sucked.

Fingers crossed for your interview, @helensaramay x

Same here with walking, 3 hypo's today :arghh::banghead:

Reactions: Cumberland

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I decided to walk the long way around from the car park to the diabetes centre, which gave me a brisk mile and a half. Ended up having to sit in the car for almost an hour dealing with the resulting hypo. So that sucked.
Sorry to hear that. Somewhat surprised that a 1.5-mile walk can give you a hypo on keto, though...?

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Afternoon guys,
I had my diabetes review yesterday at my surgery, I had a feeling my HbA1c my wouldn't be great and I was right, it's 8.6 !! and Cholesterol is 5.2, so all in all, not ideal. She wasn't overly concerned but wrote on my Contact hosp for review print out + discuss Ambulatory monitoring system, looked this up and it's for the heart! I think she meant CGM and mentioned a pump. I rang the hospital diabetes nurses and she asked when my next appointment was, it's March 1st and said she would contact my hospital Diabetes consultant. If I don't hear anything by Thursday/Friday I will phone again.
Sorry your news wasn't better, but I'd say total cholesterol is almost meaningless, especially at 5.2. Hope you do get a CGM, it's amazing what a difference it makes.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I met my first ever T1 in the wild today, we were both at the village pharmacy collecting our next batch of Libre. He’d never heard about the transmitters for turning it into CGM, I may have terrified him by raving a little too enthusiastically about my MiaoMiao... he’s on Omnipod too.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hope you are feeling okay now. I feel fine, but it's the aftermath of the low's that causes me problems :rolleyes:

Robs I’m fine now thanks and trust that you are too

Yes the aftermath of hypo it’s not easy is it

I’m being naughty tonight carb loaded streak pie with carb loaded chips and mix veg - why!! Because I’ve been really really good at Christmas and New Year and today I’ve just thought sod it

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, I'm going out soon, off with mates to get soemthing to eat before seeing The Favourite. Most disappointed that I'm going to leave sstill not knowing what @Knikki's rant is about - expecting to find out when I get home! (did you ever think one line would generate such interest?:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I’ve just scanned through today’s posts.
It’s like a soap opera, never a dull moment it seems.
Obviously waiting with baited breath for news of the “ rant “:).
Really wish I could offer something remotely interesting to today’s shenanigans.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Robs I’m fine now thanks and trust that you are too

Yes the aftermath of hypo it’s not easy is it

I’m being naughty tonight carb loaded streak pie with carb loaded chips and mix veg - why!! Because I’ve been really really good at Christmas and New Year and today I’ve just thought sod it
Its allowed cumbs

K

Knikki

OK.

First off lay out stall.

I like this Forum it has lots of info, plenty of experience and lots of shoulders to cry on if need be. I fully get 'needle phobia' plus other mental health issues, not that I have had any, but it is "interesting" dealing with a friend back at work after being on suicide watch for 4 weeks, BUT, that is another story.

I, if you have not guessed, have grown up with T1D, which over the years it has certainly kept me 'entertained' should we say, plus I think I would probably scare some of you with the way I treat things, like hypo's, hypers and also what I eat. I'm also sceptical, cynical and a PITA. However I do like to help people out if and when I can.

So, it does make me wonder how some people on the forum would deal with things if they had have become Diabetic in 1971? With the advice of "1 slice of white bread is 10 grams of carbs, stay off anything thats has sugar in it and look for diabetic foods". Seriously it was like that.

The almost fanatical quest for the holy grail of LCHF that some seem to pursue.

Some of the questions that get asked make me scratch my head and ask "which queue were you in when they were giving out common sense?".

The belief that some medics are almost God's and do no wrong where as the response to others "must have got their qualifications off the side of a cereal packet" Really?? and how many qualifications do you have?.....oh hang on wait a minute...... Again related to one of the many diet/food threads on here. (no, they are human and have an opinion like everyone else, go to 4 doctors with the same symptoms and odds on your will get at least 3 different diagnosis)

The linking of offsite threads "to be discussed" knowing that it will no doubt get the heckles up of many, its like "have you heard yourself? wind your neck in and get a life".

The sometime almost "dismissal" of peoples opinions if does not fit in with the "fashion for the diet of the day".

Oh and one of my favourite subjects accuracy of blood test/libre/dexcom devices and the hilarious response of some with "how are we expected to control our blood sugar with this kind of getup?" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha try dropping 10 drops of water + 5 drops of urine in a tube add tablet that reacts and you get a colour:

33e1pgx.jpg

Blue means your LOW Brick at the other end means HIGH, accuracy like 6 hours if your lucky, Green was the ideal colour you wanted.

Anyway......there you go,,,, now I'm off for wine and curry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Knikki guessing the blue is your socks, green the DMs, orange the curry sauce and red the wine?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . Not so much a rant, more of an observation of aspects of the forum that are questionable to say the least.
Personally I think a lot of the real experienced T1 diabetics ( years under the belt ) have similar issues with the forum.
I certainly do, even with my relative inexperience compared to the likes of your good self.:).
Wine and curry ???????? Tut tut ;);););)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK.

First off lay out stall.

I like this Forum it has lots of info, plenty of experience and lots of shoulders to cry on if need be. I fully get 'needle phobia' plus other mental health issues, not that I have had any, but it is "interesting" dealing with a friend back at work after being on suicide watch for 4 weeks, BUT, that is another story.

I, if you have not guessed, have grown up with T1D, which over the years it has certainly kept me 'entertained' should we say, plus I think I would probably scare some of you with the way I treat things, like hypo's, hypers and also what I eat. I'm also sceptical, cynical and a PITA. However I do like to help people out if and when I can.

So, it does make me wonder how some people on the forum would deal with things if they had have become Diabetic in 1971? With the advice of "1 slice of white bread is 10 grams of carbs, stay off anything thats has sugar in it and look for diabetic foods". Seriously it was like that.

The almost fanatical quest for the holy grail of LCHF that some seem to pursue.

Some of the questions that get asked make me scratch my head and ask "which queue were you in when they were giving out common sense?".

The belief that some medics are almost God's and do no wrong where as the response to others "must have got their qualifications off the side of a cereal packet" Really?? and how many qualifications do you have?.....oh hang on wait a minute...... Again related to one of the many diet/food threads on here. (no, they are human and have an opinion like everyone else, go to 4 doctors with the same symptoms and odds on your will get at least 3 different diagnosis)

The linking of offsite threads "to be discussed" knowing that it will no doubt get the heckles up of many, its like "have you heard yourself? wind your neck in and get a life".

The sometime almost "dismissal" of peoples opinions if does not fit in with the "fashion for the diet of the day".

Oh and one of my favourite subjects accuracy of blood test/libre/dexcom devices and the hilarious response of some with "how are we expected to control our blood sugar with this kind of getup?" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha try dropping 10 drops of water + 5 drops of urine in a tube add tablet that reacts and you get a colour:

33e1pgx.jpg

Blue means your LOW Brick at the other end means HIGH, accuracy like 6 hours if your lucky, Green was the ideal colour you wanted.

Anyway......there you go,,,, now I'm off for wine and curry.
enjoy the wine and curry think il follow suit :)