Meaning of carbohydrate "of which sugars"

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a pie I can eat. I don’t use a laptop, an iPad. So no mouse to taunt your cats with either. It’s usually pictures I have on here I want to add rather than from websites. It keeps on annoying me I can’t do it.

@HSSS Do you store pics on tablet only or do you use CLOUD storage..?
presume apple let you have a goodish amount to begin with.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After finding most of my pics trashed by Photobucket along with millions of others,
i ended up placing little faith in other 'hosting' sites, and now use Google Photos under Google Drive for all my pics.

I find it easy simple, quick and easy to snap, send and store on google drive.
and then find and repost anywhere on line that i need them to be.
however, this does require a slight work around.

I have had limited experience with the lads on other forums i frequent, and it does seem if you have a little knowledge it is easy enough, but if you prefer the quick facebook route then this is perhaps not for you.

I chose and am happy with google drive, as it integrates fantastically well with all my kit, PC, laptop, tablet, phone etc
(droid fan).
the search function is phenomenally good...and my expectation is google should be around for a good while and not go bust, like many seem to..LoL.

i have no experience of how to do the same via apple products, OR how to post up on facebook as i do not use it.
BUT, postimage is one site i have used before.

a little background for those new to posting on line.

IF you want to post Your PERSONAL pics . etc
then you WILL need a 'Picture Hosting site...POSTIMAGE or similar

Before you start let me offer an alternative view of how it all works.

i'd liken websites to peoples houses or clubs.

If you invite people to your house or club and your pics are locked in a draw, (aka your PC/Tablet) no one can see them.
you need to post them on the walls so people can enjoy them.

POSTIMAGE and others such sites , ARE those walls for the sake of online pics.
and once your pics are 'up' ON the WEB, you can place them anywhere else on the web,

( and of course once posted, anyone else can copy and place them anywhere they choose, as well..)

The LINK is here for postimage---

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I want to upload one of my own pix, I e-mail it to myself from my android phone. Then I open the e-mail on my Chromebook and download the pic to my Chromebook (I think it saves it to Google drive).

Then I come here, click on "Upload a File" right next to "Post Reply," highlight the name of the saved pic file just as I would a document, and open the pic here.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I want to upload one of my own pix, I e-mail it to myself from my android phone. Then I open the e-mail on my Chromebook and download the pic to my Chromebook (I think it saves it to Google drive).

Then I come here, click on "Upload a File" right next to "Post Reply," highlight the name of the saved pic file just as I would a document, and open the pic here.

gratuitous cat pic.

my beloved belles..
kipping on her side of the bed, and not happy i put the light on...
heartbeating.gif

IMG_3663.jpg

Reactions: zauberflote

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awwww ... thank you, @jjraak . I love black kitties with white tummy fur. My black cat Smokey had that, too, and white fur under his arms.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a pie I can eat. I don’t use a laptop, an iPad. So no mouse to taunt your cats with either. It’s usually pictures I have on here I want to add rather than from websites. It keeps on annoying me I can’t do it.

My cousin has an iPad. He says if you have Siri, you can just tell Siri to upload whatever pics you want to upload here. If you don't have Siri, he says that his iPad has a place where you can put your finger to control mouse functions. You use your finger to drag the mouse pointer to the picture (or other file) you want to open, and press once for Options.

On my Android phone I can click on the Send icon and choose to e-mail the picture or I can select Save To Drive. Then I can choose the destination for the picture, and I can click on that destination and open any pictures already there.

When I log off here I'm going to try it on my Nook tablet, which is an Android but is the closest thing I have to an iPad.

I hope one of these tips @jjraak and I have posted here works for you with your iPad. :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a picture to add to our book?
Alas no - not unless someone has enabled downloads from biological memories - the video of the process I can rerun any time is quite amusing.... poor dog - that cat had class, in spades.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What operating system does your iPad have? Apparently it depends on how old it is and which OS version it has.

PS: are you using Safari?
No iPads don’t have a port so no mouse. It’s the most recent one and most recent iOS.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@HSSS Do you store pics on tablet only or do you use CLOUD storage..?
presume apple let you have a goodish amount to begin with.
I use cloud storage and do have a laptop I can access where I also have a set of historic ones I add to from time to time if I want to get serious with them. But day to day its the iPad. Sadly app,e don’t give a massive amount. I pay 79p for a decent amount but current hunting for a bigger better option

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey how hard to add a photo? I guess I’m a bit behind the times and assumed it would be as easy as adding one to Facebook (which I can manage). Think I’ll just stick to words or links

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey how hard to add a photo? I guess I’m a bit behind the times and assumed it would be as easy as adding one to Facebook (which I can manage). Think I’ll just stick to words or links
I do the 'take pic on (ancient) phone, e-mail to self, upload file from laptop/pc' route, @HSSS - the easiest way I've found.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use cloud storage and do have a laptop I can access where I also have a set of historic ones I add to from time to time if I want to get serious with them. But day to day its the iPad. Sadly app,e don’t give a massive amount. I pay 79p for a decent amount but current hunting for a bigger better option

Hi @HSSS
Let me hunt and see how to add pics ..what is the name of your cloud storage.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @HSSS
Let me hunt and see how to add pics ..what is the name of your cloud storage.
It’s just paid for iCloud for now. Thanks so much. It just seems odd I can’t add directly from my device the way many sites allow.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, a random pic
I just posted from my fire tablet, (not many pics)..just to see if it's an issue with tablets .
Might be better for thread if I made this a private message, if that would be ok..and then post solution in case it helps others.

Reactions: HSSS