Weird...

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received a phone call from my GP surgery. My doctor has advised me going on to a 5:2 diet.. sorry if I sound really stupid but exactly what is a 5:2 diet? I get it’s 5 good days and 2 not so intense. But given all I’ve said and all the advice you’ve been generous enough to share with me will that advice and the meals on DD still apply? How would I/can I approach those 2 “don’t worry about what I eat days”?

:confused

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I may be doing it wrong but when I do 5:2 it's 2 days of fasting

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received a phone call from my GP surgery. My doctor has advised me going on to a 5:2 diet.. sorry if I sound really stupid but exactly what is a 5:2 diet? I get it’s 5 good days and 2 not so intense. But given all I’ve said and all the advice you’ve been generous enough to share with me will that advice and the meals on DD still apply? How would I/can I approach those 2 “don’t worry about what I eat days”?

Is his name Moseley?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Usually a 5/2 diet means eating low carb on 5 days and fasting on two, usually non-consecutive days... Personally, I find it easier to just skip breakfast all the time.

Reactions: Dodo

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I've gone right off Mosely.

He now has a new book to tout, in this interview he says his other books were based on rat studies with an air of dismissal. People bought those books but apparently they should run out and buy his Fast800 book like... now!

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've gone right off Mosely.

He now has a new book to tout, in this interview he says his other books were based on rat studies with an air of dismissal. People bought those books but apparently they should run out and buy his Fast800 book like... now!

It’ll be something else next year..

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
why cant you just do the LCHF diet and exercise such as walking , what's with the diet from the doctors ?

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5:2 was developed as a calorie based weight loss diet where you eat 500 ( women) and 600 (men) cals a day for 2 non consecutive days of the week and then eat normally for the remaining 5 days ( around 1800-2000 cals a day).
There are all sorts of variations - some less calorie restrictive, others more. Some carb restrictive every day but only calorie restricted on 2 days, others carb restricted every day but much more carb restrictive on 2 days. Yet others have no food intake 2 days a week.
Ask your GP what version he / she is thinking of and why

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It’ll be something else next year..

Please do not misunderstand, the diets that Moseley writes on work for some people. There has been 'The Blood Sugar Diet' (bought that one myself) then '5-2 Diet' and now the 'Fast800 Diet' which just shows his admiration for ND (some nasty suspicious people (like me) might say he is ripping Taylor off).
I just get the distinct impression that Moseley having discovered a money tree is shaking it for all its worth.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My point entirely.. I found it odd. My only issue is with my arthritis in my hip and knee.. walking isn’t exactly ideal
I found my rheumatism was bothering me a lot less on keto... Carbs are an inflammatory food, and my fingers and hip are a whole lot better like this...

Reactions: Zilsniggy

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found my rheumatism was bothering me a lot less on keto... Carbs are an inflammatory food, and my fingers and hip are a whole lot better like this...

IMG_0335.jpg

Here’s today’s lunch plate! (I’ve also sent it to the GP )

Reactions: Kittiwake

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My point entirely.. I found it odd. My only issue is with my arthritis in my hip and knee.. walking isn’t exactly ideal
Oh tell me about the knee problems , I've not slept properly for weeks finally gave into a steroid injection yesterday and the pain has gone completely, i walk every night with hubby .
Have you tried youtube physio exercises for your hip and knee ?

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh tell me about the knee problems , I've not slept properly for weeks finally gave into a steroid injection yesterday and the pain has gone completely, i walk every night with hubby .
Have you tried youtube physio exercises for your hip and knee ?

Yes and I’m also awaiting to go and have an arthroscopy