Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed 55 this morning. Thought it would be a different kind of exercise as mostly I do stretches and walking. All my family run, but I have no intention of joining in that competition.:shy: Also offers an indoor exercise when the weather is bad. Takes very little time to get me puffing, heart pounding, so must be doing something:playful:
The first time even three is an achievement:woot:

Well done on 55. Sadly. I can’t skip indoors - ceilings too low, but as soon as snow has gone I’ll skip in the garden again. You’re right about it using different muscles which must be good - maybe why boxers train by skipping too.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.5K steps today and 15 min Hiit strength training with light weights
@ianpspurs what happened to your ankle? Must have missed that, hope you’re ok.
Ankle was a mashup of ongoing stenosis issue affecting right ankle, according to docs and probably a low grade virus generating way too much uric acid. Naproxen fest sorted it. No coffee and alkeroll Jan inconclusive there.

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ankle was a mashup of ongoing stenosis issue affecting right ankle, according to docs and probably a low grade virus generating way too much uric acid. Naproxen fest sorted it. No coffee and alkeroll Jan inconclusive there.

Ouch! Can’t imagine how a virus can generate uric acid but uric acid crystals in your joint would indicate gout. Painful either way, and I’m glad the rest and painkillers helped.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch! Can’t imagine how a virus can generate uric acid but uric acid crystals in your joint would indicate gout. Painful either way, and I’m glad the rest and painkillers helped.
Virus/illness is the usual route to such problems - I assume hydration issues. If only I drank more tea:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Virus/illness is the usual route to such problems - I assume hydration issues. If only I drank more tea:angelic:

Usually blamed when they can’t come up with a proper reason. It’s a lame excuse if you ask me!
Tea helps with most of life’s ills though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Feb has started slowly but better than a lot of Jan movement wise. 11.2k steps mostly due to a leisurely dog walk in rutted and slippy conditions. 20 mins exercise bike watching cricket to test back out - not trying for speed or higher gears. Will see how that goes then try some weights.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Obviously virus and issues not funny. But I do smile each day when I read the amount of tea you drink. I’ve always called my daughter a little tea monster as she’s drank it since 6 months old and would drink cup after cup if I’d let her. I do make her have decaf just to try and be responsible mom. I darent tell her there’s someone who is actually a bigger tea monster than her ;)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well another evening spent in the pool although no lengths swam. Just a full hour of jumping, playing sharks, trying to climb into inflatable boats and taking part In challenges like who can hold their breath under water the longest. But I’m sure all that is still some form of exercise so there we go.
Pool will be absent from my life for a few days as it’s hair dye day tomorrow and need to wait a few washes so I don’t leave a trail of reddish purple as I swim :banghead: yes I could wear a cap, but they literally are the most horrible things - hated them in school and would never wear one again. So it’ll be back the the home circuits for a few days

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Only went out once to Sainsburys and it was so slippery and slushy I didn’t fancy it again so a measly 6k steps plus 15 mins Hiit strength with weights - used my heaviest weights for the first time - still only 1.5kg but a big improvement from when I first started a couple of months ago at 0.5kg so very happy with that.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SlimLizzy way to go girl! Do watch the shoulder!!! We used to spend every recess outside and the whole summer in the back yard wearing a pothole in the dirt. We were very good (for the 1960’s anyway!) I’m not sure I could do even three right now!
@ianpspurs I’m glad your back lets you do the log stacking! Hope it survived the bike...
Each night I take the same walk, almost footstep for footstep. My phone tells me I go anywhere between 2.47 and 2.73 miles. The past two nights I’ve been moving right along It had snowed just a little today, then melted a little, then refrozen. Just a little slippy in our neighborhood.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats last night only went up to 135kg for 4x3 as my left knee is starting to feel sore (I need to start with the Voltarol Gel again) so called it quits before anything major happened. Right hip didn't bother me so that is a plus lets hope Mondays deadlift session goes better.

Take care everyone.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Well another evening spent in the pool although no lengths swam. Just a full hour of jumping, playing sharks, trying to climb into inflatable boats and taking part In challenges like who can hold their breath under water the longest. But I’m sure all that is still some form of exercise so there we go.
Pool will be absent from my life for a few days as it’s hair dye day tomorrow and need to wait a few washes so I don’t leave a trail of reddish purple as I swim :banghead: yes I could wear a cap, but they literally are the most horrible things - hated them in school and would never wear one again. So it’ll be back the the home circuits for a few days
@Emma_369 you could log that as Playing with Children, aparently burns 132 calories an hour.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done on 55. Sadly. I can’t skip indoors - ceilings too low, but as soon as snow has gone I’ll skip in the garden again. You’re right about it using different muscles which must be good - maybe why boxers train by skipping too.[/QUOTE
Skipping in the icebox that is also called the conservatory. Really warms me up. 60 skips today and finding it easier to get going now. Maybe it is helping the shoulder?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
01-02-2019

XBX 14, 55 skips
8.20am pre breakfast 6.3 that is a bit high for me
Breakfast spinach +2 fried eggs
Eye test, in town, no post breakfast test.
13.27 Pre lunch 4.7
Lost the plot a bit or a lot at this point

Lunch, Stuff it - 40g slice of granary bread, 45g cheddar cheese, ginger tea
15.55 post lunch 6.6

18.30 Cup of tea
19pm Large glass of dry white wine
Dinner: someone else cooked: celeriac, carrots, swede, edamame beans, homemade breaded chicken goujons, I added mayonnaise for extra fat, but can do nothing about the carb content. glass of water

If carbs were pounds £££

Another large glass of wine + one of water
23.15 cup of tea with semi skimmed milk as usual

Totals for day, who knows - certainly not me. Probably not enough calories and too many carbs.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Seem to have forgotten to pop in here the past few days. Finally got myself back to the gym today. Seems the previous visit was on 30th December! Early enough to have the women’s changing room to myself and only 2 other people there. Bliss.

Usual routine of physio prescribed exercises, stretches, step ups onto box (all medicine balls appeared to have been removed so held a dumbell instead), push ups, crunches and then weights - 3 x 10 each on leg press, hip adductor and abductor, leg raise, seated dip, lat pull down, diverging seated row, calf press and abs machine. Starting to feel the effects now, and very sleepy. Clocked up an additional 12.3k steps.

Just as well as past few days very slow - 7k steps yesterday and 11.5k on Thursday.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Could somebody please post a pretty photo so we can get rid of my silly one of the Kneading Fingers massager with my readers on it? Pretty please??@slimlizzy good for you on those skips! Do you do both feet up and land at once, or alternate for that smooth, swinging feel? and @Emma_369 but if you do it in water, that would at least double the calories burned!!
@Goonergal you are in good shape there!!
Two walks today, the usual 2.whatever with a 12-month personal best time (mild out so motivated, also, it wasn’t the end of the day) Our first true flock of bluebirds came through, and the cardinals and robins were loudly calling spring. Second walk (eta) tonight, down to end of street and back less than half a mile, flexing ankles and walking “through the foot”, heel, arch, ball, toe, hoping to keep cramps at bay at 0500.... I have some magnesium foam cream on order; hope that helps too!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hoping to keep cramps at bay a

@zauberflote try a potassium supplement too - has really helped with my cramps. I discovered I was allergic even to the ‘sensitive’ magnesium spray, so switched to magnesium bisglycinate for the oral magnesium supplement, added potassium and paid more attention to hydration. All of that seems to have done the trick.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

[USER=193971]@ianpspurs
I’m glad your back lets you do the log stacking! Hope it survived the bike...
Each night I take the same walk, almost footstep for footstep. My phone tells me I go anywhere between 2.47 and 2.73 miles. The past two nights I’ve been moving right along It had snowed just a little today, then melted a little, then refrozen. Just a little slippy in our neighborhood.[/USER]

Snowy or icy weather has me taking much smaller steps! My usual walk to work of 6500 (2.7 miles) steps can be up to 8000 steps (3.4 miles) when slippery underfoot. Makes me feel better about giving up at the bottom of the hill which is about 2300 steps on an icy day and getting the bus along the section which is invariably the worst. New, badly laid tarmac with a lot of pavement parking makes for an ice rink I have discovered!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@zauberflote usually start very slowly alternate feet, running style. Once I am sure shoulder is ok with it move on to both feet at once, gradually increasing speed. Yesterday got to 47 of these before tangling rope in feet. Once I get going seems to be more about wrist movement, but perhaps that is due to skipping in a confined space?