Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two very inactive days to catch up on. Today was 8.2k steps - was nearly far fewer but got off train a few stops early on way home from work meeting which meant a brisk 45 minute walk home. Yesterday was 9k steps.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8k steps.
A shortish session of sit-ups, planks and press ups ( from knees) early evening.

Just completed HASfit 15 min ‘inferno fat burning’ session with daughter’s partner who is trying to increase her cardio fitness in readiness for her Met police ‘bleep’ test.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
The usual walk, this time 2.62 miles. We had spring today! The birds are revving up - yesterday there was a three-way hawk territorial dispute close by, the flick of bluebirds came through a couple of days ago, the robins are doing the spring “chirp chirp chirp” thing, the cardinals are all cardinaly... very nice!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Assistance work last night, so side lat raises 20kg 3x15, hybrid push aways 10kg 3x10 (its for the rotator cuff in the shoulder) shoulder press 65kg 3x10, shrugs 120kg 3x10, rear delts 4x15 on the machine, heavy face pulls and a superset of close grip press (triceps) 80kg 3x10 with barbell curls 3x 10 20kg. And then home!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Inch by inch eh. 13.6k steps, 25 mins lopping apple trees and 3 sets of 10 on 8 exercises on the weight machine - nice moderate weights for a weak old git.

Reactions: zauberflote

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gym again today - push ups and step ups a bit of a struggle for some reason but managed to up some of the weights on my regular machines. In addition 18.9k steps.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Marathon sitting was most of my exercise today. Managed .78 miles taking trash and recycling down the driveway and keeping going around the block. Tomorrow is a fresh new day. We have spring peepers tonight!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3rd day at gym, me n steph
tonight was our induction..(yeah, a** about face, but hey )
was bushed from last nights efforts.

(3 k running treadmill/3 k cycling and god knows what on the weird xtrainer thing..LoL
ooh..and several minutes on the rowing machine..liked that..really felt the bump up in the arms and shoulders.)

last night i got home early, had a quick nap, so was dragging myself to gym.
steph a bit more chipper about it.

Trainer was great..showed us all the machines (quiet) explained well, and made sense of purpose of the 3 xtrainer type things.
one is what i call the nordic skier..not sure i like that one..the other induces a skiing motion, very side to side..liked.
and the other was like rubbing your head while patting your belly..hard to get started, but liked that .
felt like walking in some 'superheroes suit' in some sci fi movies (think starwars)..felt the benefits of that one.

gent gave us form tips on the towing machine, currently my fav unit

then took us into the weights are.
some big A** machines i think i'll avoid for now.
so showed and goes on the arms machines, gave the bench press a go..(steels?)
and then tried to fathom how one of the leg curls worked with amusing results.

So all in..we are going to have the full hours induction next week, the chaps going to write a plan for us.
i have been aiming to to do 3 k cycle, 3k running and 1k x trainer..think i will now amend to set times, of lower power x2 mins, higher power by 1 mins then repeat, and just elongated times and reps..
i'll do same on the weights, take it steady then push on..been there, done that at 20/30..so i'm gonna go low then work back up.

so all in all a good night..aching and tired and had an early night :wacky:
so up early today ..so got time to post in.

Cheers all.
travel well, the wind in london is pretty fierce today.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench last night, only 90kg 7x6 (lost count of the sets so its a guess) still working on technique, technique, technique. Then finished with a descending set of pin presses (to help with lock out, start the press from 2" off the chest from pins) 90kg x6, 70kgx6 finally 60kg x 10 all reps with a three second pause under tension at the bottom, was very difficult!! I actually feel like I've been hit by a bus!! Anyway 14 proper training weeks until comp.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3rd day at gym, me n steph
tonight was our induction..(yeah, a** about face, but hey )
was bushed from last nights efforts.

(3 k running treadmill/3 k cycling and god knows what on the weird xtrainer thing..LoL
ooh..and several minutes on the rowing machine..liked that..really felt the bump up in the arms and shoulders.)

last night i got home early, had a quick nap, so was dragging myself to gym.
steph a bit more chipper about it.

Trainer was great..showed us all the machines (quiet) explained well, and made sense of purpose of the 3 xtrainer type things.
one is what i call the nordic skier..not sure i like that one..the other induces a skiing motion, very side to side..liked.
and the other was like rubbing your head while patting your belly..hard to get started, but liked that .
felt like walking in some 'superheroes suit' in some sci fi movies (think starwars)..felt the benefits of that one.

gent gave us form tips on the towing machine, currently my fav unit

then took us into the weights are.
some big A** machines i think i'll avoid for now.
so showed and goes on the arms machines, gave the bench press a go..(steels?)
and then tried to fathom how one of the leg curls worked with amusing results.

So all in..we are going to have the full hours induction next week, the chaps going to write a plan for us.
i have been aiming to to do 3 k cycle, 3k running and 1k x trainer..think i will now amend to set times, of lower power x2 mins, higher power by 1 mins then repeat, and just elongated times and reps..
i'll do same on the weights, take it steady then push on..been there, done that at 20/30..so i'm gonna go low then work back up.

so all in all a good night..aching and tired and had an early night :wacky:
so up early today ..so got time to post in.

Cheers all.
travel well, the wind in london is pretty fierce today.
Rowing machine is my favourite - need to get mine set up again at home.

Reactions: Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Another dog lead incident! No bruises this time, just an ear-bashing about how the dog was entitled to be there and how I should walk around the dog and the very long extended lead. I was rather mild in pointing out if the gentleman would step three paces to the same side of the path as his dog on the very long extended lead I wouldn't have to do that. It was a three paces wide path across a green open space. A soggy wet green space I didn't want to walk on when there was a perfectly dry path to walk on if only I could. Dog on one side, owner on another side. Visible lead tightly stretched across the path!

I marched on the spot until he moved the three paces and his dog wandered about fifty dog paces on the soggy green grass... grumbling like mad at the inconvenience I was causing to him and his dog.

I am so unreasonable...

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was waiting for the accusations of being "lazy" for wanting to walk on the path in a straight line... I was ready for that one with "I've just walked 8 miles today, so far, I don't think that's lazy."

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Rowing machine is my favourite - need to get mine set up again at home.

Now considering getting one for homw... I can use the gym for free at work, which has a lovely rowing machine, but I also like the walk to and from work as exercise! Plus, the gym's busy at the times I'd be around to use it.

Anyway. I like my solitary exercise times, as being a time to de-stress from the very people intense nature of my work.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yesterday and day before was,
An Arms, legs, shoulders, back kinda day..Bushed and achey.

SO being kind to my Life long transporter, today was a Bums & Gums kinda day..;)

sat on one and chomp on foods with the other...:wacky:

a happy contented little soul tonight.:D

( did get in 8k steps to & from work and at work, mind ..:watching: )

Back to gym, saturday, me thinks,

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. The last couple of days has been C10k steps with 15 min Hiit with weights in the evening.
@Japes I am smiling at the thought of you marching on the spot until that gent pulled his dog lead in. Good on you, those extendable leads can be really hazardous and annoying.