Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

@Knikki walk me through the 90-110 carb breakfast - that sounds like a feast!

Basic ingredients are
1-2 handful of shredded
2-4 handfuls of cornflakes

Add into the mix, several apricot wheat, and an oatiebix or wheatabix or fruity muesli or granola, or something else. Then add about a 1/4 pint of milk and There you go one low carb breakfast ;) :joyful::hilarious:

Reactions: Kim Possible

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Basic ingredients are
1-2 handful of shredded

Add into the mix, several apricot wheat, and an oatiebix or wheatabix or fruity muesli or granola, or something else. Then add about a 1/4 pint of milk and There you go one low carb breakfast ;) :joyful::hilarious:

Impressive, and quite a mix. I thought I'd pushed the boat out yesterday by adding a banana to my 50g (weight) of Quaker but I only reached the dizzying heights of 65g carbs.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Basic ingredients are
1-2 handful of shredded

What!!!! no bacon....:woot::woot::woot:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a good day
FB_IMG_1533586008544.jpg

K

Knikki

Morning

Coffee consumed feel OK, low carb breakfast consumed earlier now running 5.0, not bad....

As for servers well I wish I had the job of my altered ego Captain Scarlet it must be easier to deal with The Mysterons than the foibles of Microsoft Server.

Looks like @helensaramay is having more luck with Unix based systems than I am so I will have a full blown caffeine full coffee later to celebrate your success :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Loving my mate Mike (at the moment!)....90% in target yesterday, spoilt a bit by 2 hypos in the night which I have now adjusted my basal for as it they have happened on 2 consecutive nights.

@Knikki Dub - My all time favorite is "Dub Side of the Moon" by Easy Star All Stars top album. Max Romeo & The Upsetters p War Ina Babylon (I grew up on that album lol. A few artists to look out for are Roots Manuva, Asian Dub Foundation (Had an amazing white label album of theirs which my ex wife sold....GRRRRR) and Lee "Scratch" Perry to name a few :)

Whiskey laden malt loaf.
That’s gotta be a kitchen challenge for you.

ORRRRR a Rum laden malt loaf hmmmm :)

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy and glorious morning to you all......What? it's Monday morning........

Breakfast cereal is always 60g of carbs, inject for that then what ever's in the cupboard, nutrition label checked, weighed out to be 60g of carbs and bobs you're uncle my graphs are ALWAYS as smooth as a babies bottom :hilarious: :eek:

Had a busy weekend re-doing or rather starting to re-do the en-suite, the basin came out the other day, toilet and associated wall frame and saniflo removed this weekend, and heater and dehumidifier been going all weekend - not that I made it wet, we've had numerous little leaks oh and one big one when the wife switched the saniflo off and managed to get the toilet flush stuck open.........The toilet installation was in accordance to its usage. I'll say no more and give the moderators a break.

But BGs have been good all weekend, medtrum sensor started playing up last night, reported I was 18(!) when BG was 10, and even calibrating it back down the graph soon headed back up and it finally gave up the ghost this morning. Now have a libre on with some new barrier spray, fingers crossed this works.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
spoilt a bit by 2 hypos in the night which I have now adjusted my basal for as it they have happened on 2 consecutive nights

Question from an uninitiated non pump user:

When changing the basal for the above do you change the time slot prior to the hypo event and if so 10mins, 30mins, a n hour or 2 before the event? how do you work that out?

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Question from an uninitiated non pump user:

When changing the basal for the above do you change the time slot prior to the hypo event and if so 10mins, 30mins, a n hour or 2 before the event? how do you work that out?
I have gone for 1.5 hours before I am getting the low...will see how that works out for me

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, hope you're all ready for the week. Woke on 6.5, bedtime 6.8 :happy: My son was meant to be popping round this morning, but last week he had another seizure and this time a GP is making sure he get's all the right tests done, so he is feeling a bit tried and drained, he did say 'what will be, will be', but I know, deep down he is really anxious. My mum had epilepsy and his paternal granddad and his uncle, both had brain tumour's, uncle survived. But I am keeping an open mind and crossing my finger's.
Bought some tomato seeds on Friday, so going to plant them in small flower pots this afternoon, I love home grown Toms :):hungry: