Type 1'stars R Us

K

Knikki

So @porl69 and @Knikki where do Propellerhead (Decksandrumsandrockandroll) and Underworld (Dubnodubwithmyheadman) fit on the Dub scale?

Lots of groups tend to move across various styles, Dub I think was more a very bass heavy reggae, originally and certainly listening to Mungo's Hifi would match that.

Propellerhead sounds Drum & Bass which seems to get very fast depending on the track, rather fun to listen to.
Underworld has been around for a while, first came across them on Anne Nightingale show a few years ago but they seme to jump across many kinds of styles but for the most part Dance music.

Well that's my take on it and I like both of them as I have a fairly wide like when it come to music :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all, rubbish start to the day here. 5.2 when I woke up, 5.9 with a hrizontal arrow when I bolused for breakfast, two hours later 15.1 - ***? I have no idea. Big (for me) correction, down to a respectable 6.2 before lunch. Sometimes it really is just the socks you put on...

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings my pancreatically challenged chums, hope you are all having a good day. After my horrendous BG of last week whilst on holiday abroad, all things back to normal now with a figure of 80 % of time in target, something I dont think I have ever achieved before. Maybe goes to prove all of my worries last week and high BG are simply because of my overactive mind and worry about going hypo abroad

Anyhoo, not sure if you may have seen this article which was on main Diabetes UK page. My wife who is type 2 was taking Metformin for years and she was having issues with it. About 3 years ago she was prescribed Forxiga and what a difference. Her HBa1C improved dramatically, she has lost about 20% of her body weight despite eating much more. She feels so much better for it

Could this tablet also be another useful tool for type 1 if it gets approval from NICE for type 1's. It has been approved by EMA

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...use-in-treating-type-1-diabetes-94839813.html

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all! Just sat by the side of the road with a dead car waiting for rescue... teaching “relatively” locally all week and am two miles from home. There is however a bottle of Jura in the back seat that I’ve bought for the husbeast for Vday on Thursday. He might get it early and be forced to share hahaha.

A few lows today, even though it’s shark week and I’m resistant to the magic juice - I think I need to back it off a bit on days when I’m working. There seems to be a 24 hour shift in when I need to make changes to my basal, you might find the same @porl69 x

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting read.
It re-raises a question I have thought for a while: is type 1 "when insulin alone does not provide adequate blood glucose control" a combination of type 1 and type 2?
The assumption (apart from one article I read many years ago) was you only ever have one type of diabetes. But why not have type 1 (body does not produce insulin) and type 2 (insulin resistant)?
Don't know if you''ve seen this: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/double-diabetes.html. Not sure whether it answers the question about whether someone can have both T1 and T2 though from the definitions it looks like it to me.

Reactions: Cumberland

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
My Take from reading:
I think type 1 diabetes is about an auto-immune cause. LADA has more indolent anti-body cause, so the initial diagnosis of presumed Type 2 changes as the condition progresses and (hopefully) the antibodies are discovered and diagnosis and management adjusted accordingly.
Type 2, MODY are about genetics and effect on peripheral and central aspects of diabetes.
Type 3 is about pancreatic insufficiency due to removal or partial or whole damage to the islet ,and some or all alpha cells.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could my life get any worse at the minute someone has tried to break into my house they have drilled the locks on my patio doors but as they have come through my alarm as gone off police reckon they have been after tommys car keys im having no luck whatsoever lately bgs have gone through the roof what else could possibly go wrong

Reactions: Cumberland

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 don't you just hate people who say 'at least they didn't get in' without accounting for the fact that you've still got to fix your patio doors and it comes on top of a load of other stuff. But: at least they didn't get in and Tommy's still got his car :D Just trying to cheer you up :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Could my life get any worse at the minute someone has tried to break into my house they have drilled the locks on my patio doors but as they have come through my alarm as gone off police reckon they have been after tommys car keys im having no luck whatsoever lately bgs have gone through the roof what else could possibly go wrong

Oh Karen what a horrible thing to happen, thank goodness you had an alarm and it went off. Some people are such s*^*!.
Take good care and I'm sure all of us are thinking of you x
6ec0d17b61e12d36af7e7a6af40cc0e7.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blimey Karen! wheres that over zealous inexperienced copper when you need him.........!

Libre has been just about on target, was +/- 1mmol max yesterday and this morning bloods were 8.2 and scan was 8.3 so thats good, and so far no itchiness and infact I've forgotten I'm wearing it at times.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@karen8967 glad you have an alarm, sending big (((HUGS)))

@Knikki I did actually spit my tea out when I read your "shark week" comment :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Bloods didn't go low last night, a little of the opposite...11 and alarmed for ages so a little adjustment of the basal and I think I may have it sussed

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear that @karen8967 What a shock as well as a pain, I remember we got burgled when I was about 15, they came in through the patio doors, they took all my mum's jewellery which was passed down and my CD collection, mum went a little mad afterwards she would go outdoors and questioned anyone who walked past our house, the stuff was never recovered and the insurance didn't touch the value of what was taken, the feeling that someone was in our house was the thing that got me most, made me feel quite insecure at home afterwards, now I hide anything valuable, can make you feel quite paranoid, so hope your ok x

K

Knikki

@smc4761 and @helensaramay and @hh1

Just out of interest on the Forxiga tablets the main aim is along the following:

it has recently been approved by the EU as a treatment (in addition to insulin) for type 1s with BMI ≥ 27 kg/m2, when insulin alone does not provide adequate glycaemic control despite optimal insulin therapy

So guess its used who are overweight and maybe insulin resistant. Maybe, I'm no expert in these things and its been a while since I did any science.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hahahahahaha One week on the pump and the boy thinks he has it all sussed.
I love your optimism but wait until you get a cold (man flu), decide to go to the gym, have a very annoying customer, have a few drinks, eat a pizza, ... or your body just decides to behave differently

Its easy :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 and @helensaramay and @hh1

Just out of interest on the Forxiga tablets the main aim is along the following:

it has recently been approved by the EU as a treatment (in addition to insulin) for type 1s with BMI ≥ 27 kg/m2, when insulin alone does not provide adequate glycaemic control despite optimal insulin therapy

So guess its used who are overweight and maybe insulin resistant. Maybe, I'm no expert in these things and its been a while since I did any science.
and @smc4761 and @helensaramay this link explains that Forxiga doesn't appear to be designed to increase insulin sensitivity but to make the body purge excess glucose through the kidneys: https://www.medbroadcast.com/drug/getdrug/forxiga It may well be used for those who are overweight, I don't know anything about that aspect.