Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It seems like a good weekend,
FG has bought Hamish home; Mel has woken in a Cotswold cottage, Karen is in demand for employers and Helsinki continues to be sunny.
I spent this morning walking around one of the islands. It was icy but sunny. I have attached a photo of the area to give you some idea. If you look carefully, you can just spot the lone ice-skater in the bottom right.
View attachment 31601
I’ve got a sneaky feeling that this is a picture of Skegness from a certain angle.:):):).
Seriously though it looks magnificent, enjoy every moment of your trip.
Helsinki.......the word alone conjures up images of cold, pure intensity. ( well to me at least :))

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
How do you get the 24 12 6 3 buttons on your graph?

My xDrip graph doesn't have these and I can't seem to find a setting to turn them on.

Press and hold the xDrip+ blood drop icon at the top of the screen and a sub-menu pops up where you can switch that and a few other options off and on.

Screenshot_2019-03-03-16-04-22.png

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am off to Nandos soon, I have never been before and they do gluten free foods, so I'm looking forward to a meal out with former work colleagues, the oldest is 23, so I will have to be mum lol :hungry: :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
So pleased to know you are home, there is no place like it. Take it easy FG and look after yourself, sending a
(((((((((( BIG get well HUG )))))))))) X

Thank you!!!

K

Knikki

Evening for a wet blowy somewhere up North where it is NOT grim :)

Good to see you back and around @Fairygodmother compete with Hamish :)

@helensaramay Finland looks fun, is that the place they do pickled, smoked or dead herring as a delicacy?

So new sensor............been on for 8 hours warm up.....maybe should have do the 24 hours but hey, got to try these things out and last two I warmed up for 8 hours were OK.

So first reading on the Etch A Sketch reader..........2.7 :meh: Really? I don't think so check on Bloods 7.5 :writer:

This might be an "interesting" sensor :hilarious: Which when it is, shall we say, a little out, makes me wonder why the DVLA said yes to allowing CGM's? even with a thread about it and one chap saying he always makes sure that he is 7 or above on Libre, so on this case he would be 10? not where I want to be.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki always do a 24 hr warm up these days, but still find I cannot rely on the sensor on the first day, so always blood test as well. After that am lucky enough to find it 98% accurate. Those 2% allow for variations when very low/high.
It is not too grim here either, also up north. Luckily not In home town GRIMsby!!

Reactions: Fairygodmother

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki I just sent my last sensor back; first one I've had for ages that was too far out of whack to rely on . At least Abbott are okay about replacing duff ones. Agree about DVLA, unless they rely on users to check with a bg monitor if we can see a sensor's not reliable - yes, I am joking

@Fairygodmother I'd stick with Hamish, there's something oddly appealing about having a knee that's a different gender ;) Glad you're home and hope all's going well

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Knikki I just sent my last sensor back; first one I've had for ages that was too far out of whack to rely on . At least Abbott are okay about replacing duff ones. Agree about DVLA, unless they rely on users to check with a bg monitor if we can see a sensor's not reliable - yes, I am joking

@Fairygodmother I'd stick with Hamish, there's something oddly appealing about having a knee that's a different gender ;) Glad you're home and hope all's going well

I think I will. Hamish will be ready to have fun, Peggy will enjoy gossip and a good cupcake, but it seems the forum’s already adopted Hamish.
He’s progressing quite well, but he’s semi-addicted to paracetamol at the mo. He’s doing ok with multiple trips up and down stairs, despite being advised to climb stairs once a day for the first week, but then he’s not got much choice as we only have an upstairs loo and Bertie Bladder makes the decisions for him there. Bertie Bladder? Belinda Bladder?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, wherever you are today.
Is it snowy in your place Cumbs? Has anyone been blown about? It was pretty dramatic here in the relatively sheltered SE, lovely gothic sounds in the chimneys, but I don’t think we ever had the full power of the wind.
And I need to move away from personalised body parts. Sorry. Time to celebrate the wonder of titanium moulded and fitted to reduce pain and increase mobility, and the great team that made it happen.

Reactions: hh1 and Molly56
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, wherever you are today.
Is it snowy in your place Cumbs? Has anyone been blown about? It was pretty dramatic here in the relatively sheltered SE, lovely gothic sounds in the chimneys, but I don’t think we ever had the full power of the wind.
And I need to move away from personalised body parts. Sorry. Time to celebrate the wonder of titanium moulded and fitted to reduce pain and increase mobility, and the great team that made it happen.

Morning FG, it's quite cold here but none of the white stuff. Hope you are recovering well x

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Happy Monday guys, I had a really good time last night, the meal at Nandos was good, but the nuts were a little too spicy for me, we had a great time, such fun and prezzies for me too <3
Off out to meet my son soon as a year has gone by and I want to get a headstone for my parents grave, I have £1.500, so hoping that will be enough, possibly a Scottish Thistle ?
Have good day, it's bright and sunny here, so going out for a walk soon

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning FG, it's quite cold here nut none of the white stuff. Hope you are recovering well x

I am, thank you Robin, and it’s wonderful to be home! And Hamish is still Hamish.
I hope your new role suits you and you have a great day.

Reactions: porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think I want to live in the Bodleian Library...

It sometimes feels like I do!..............sorry I wasn't on the forum this weekend else we could have arrange a meet up :cool:.

I spent most if not all weekend doing DIY to the en-suit, BG mostly in range.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, good walk in the sun after yesterday's fun and games in howling winds here in the south-west. Messed up and walked too far too soon after insulin, hypo at the end, not the way I'd have chosen to finish it....

Reactions: Fairygodmother

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good afternoon wherever you may be
Bloods behaving quite nicely again :)
@Knikki that is my concern with the DVLA and CGMs. They are not accurate enough!
@Fairygodmother hiow is Hamish behaving??
Really windy here in South Wales last night. Grandaughters slides etc are all over the garden along with the bins, all of them!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
that first pic Helen even made me feel cold whilst sitting indoors!