BP 148/83
Ketones 0.6

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and Ponchu

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just stumbled on this thread. What amazing results you are all getting!!! Well done everyone. I've learned a lot this morning so thanks for setting up the thread @Goonergal

Reactions: Ponchu

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need a DEXA scan. The VF of 11 astounds me.
True ... maybe I'll get one next time up in London.. don't think there's anywhere on the south coast that does them...
As always if anyone knows different..

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is 2 weeks since I ended the 64 hour fast. I know there is another March fast thread, but this seems to be the most relevant place to update.

I have generally been sticking to just having coffee, or water until afternoon, when I have some yogurt or cheese. Twice a week just have one meal a day, early evening. I had hoped for autophagy to take place on the long fast. I missed it if it did, as I have had a chest cold that I am having trouble shaking off. With accompanying leg pain and headaches and sore throat, and fatigue. Correlation does not mean causation, though, so I don’t blame the fasting. More the snivelling wretch who sneezed in my face.

The good news? I only regained 0.5 kg. Ketone levels became neutral after 3 days. Blood glucose levels are down on average of 1.2 points, seeing 4s and 5s rather than 5s and 6s, with lower early morning levels than of late, they had been in the 7s now 6s. The not so good news? I don’t have much of an appetite, and feel I could take or leave food, but despite very little consumption, sometimes 24 hours or more not eating, no further weight loss. Though I guess lots of duvet days haven’t helped. I need to shake off the lethargy, and get moving as my exercise regime is almost nonexistent.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is 2 weeks since I ended the 64 hour fast. I know there is another March fast thread, but this seems to be the most relevant place to update.

I have generally been sticking to just having coffee, or water until afternoon, when I have some yogurt or cheese. Twice a week just have one meal a day, early evening. I had hoped for autophagy to take place on the long fast. I missed it if it did, as I have had a chest cold that I am having trouble shaking off. With accompanying leg pain and headaches and sore throat, and fatigue. Correlation does not mean causation, though, so I don’t blame the fasting. More the snivelling wretch who sneezed in my face.

The good news? I only regained 0.5 kg. Ketone levels became neutral after 3 days. Blood glucose levels are down on average of 1.2 points, seeing 4s and 5s rather than 5s and 6s, with lower early morning levels than of late, they had been in the 7s now 6s. The not so good news? I don’t have much of an appetite, and feel I could take or leave food, but despite very little consumption, sometimes 24 hours or more not eating, no further weight loss. Though I guess lots of duvet days haven’t helped. I need to shake off the lethargy, and get moving as my exercise regime is almost nonexistent.

Winner for the maintenance of fasting benefits. Hug for the lurgy - hope you soon recover.

micra21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How low is your LCHF? if you are topping up your glucose stores you could be maintaining a higher than ideal level of glucose but not enough to cause spikes. An extended fast could possibly drain it down or maybe full on ketogenic would be better.
Thank you buikbiker and ziggyw for your encouraging comments, as a result of which I'm currently undertaking another 48 hourish fast in hopes of improvement.