Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I had my second blood test today to confirm if I have diabetes or not....I mentioned in my first post I was told my number was 8.4, which was my hba1c result I think converted the new way it’s 68mmol/mol....so I am very nervous now they said they should get my results back tomorrow.
I have been testing my glucose levels and on average the past week and a half it’s been 6.3 mmol/L and today it was 5.3, 3 weeks ago it was a little higher so I know I’m getting it lower and losing weight, I’ve now lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks.

Has anyone had a second blood test (in the space of weeks) where the second one has been lower?
I have heard stress can raise blood glucose levels and over the past 8 months I’ve struggled with anxiety and so much stress due to a really bad family issue....

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome. Well done on your weight loss and lowering your readings. In answer to your question about the second test, yes mine had dropped by 15 because I was already going lowing my carbs dramatically. By my following Hba1c three months later it was 36!

I’m not the best person to advise as I’m relatively new here myself but someone more experienced will be along soon.

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Yes, it is often the case when people make changes to their lifestyles that results can show in a remarkably short time.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had an HbA1c Test just a week or so back. And the result was a good downward drop. I am going to try and get another one 6months from now. Special request though it might get turned down. In the meantime I am watching secondary indicators including blood pressure and weight amongst other things. At the moment they are heading in the same direction i.e. down.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The HbA1c is a sort of average over the previous 2 to 3 months, but it is weighted towards the last 2 to 4 weeks of that period, so you may see a drop. Keep up your good work and it will drop much more before your next test.

Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome. Well done on your weight loss and lowering your readings. In answer to your question about the second test, yes mine had dropped by 15 because I was already going lowing my carbs dramatically. By my following Hba1c three months later it was 36!

I’m not the best person to advise as I’m relatively new here myself but someone more experienced will be along soon.
My first blood test was 3 weeks ago, so unsure how different the number will be

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My first blood test was 3 weeks ago, so unsure how different the number will be

My initial drop of 15mmol was in only a week. You may be pleasantly surprised if you’ve been reducing your carbs. Wait and see. It is agony I know

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Can confirm that you can see dramatic results in just a few months, I went from a 114 mmol to 41 within 2 months, it's a wait I know but you're doing right by yourself right now. I really do hope that it comes out being a good number for you!

Reactions: Prem51 and Flora123

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone had a second blood test (in the space of weeks) where the second one has been lower?
Hi Molly
Between my first and second tests I'd been lucky enough to find this place and the reading went from 87 mmol/m 13 Oct 2015 to 70 mmol/m 30 Oct 2015 so it can be done. I was a little extreme though and cut almost all carbs and skipped breakfast entirely for that 2 week period.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Molly
Between my first and second tests I'd been lucky enough to find this place and the reading went from 87 mmol/m 13 Oct 2015 to 70 mmol/m 30 Oct 2015 so it can be done. I was a little extreme though and cut almost all carbs and skipped breakfast entirely for that 2 week period.
That illustrates how rapidly it works.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep some intermittent fasting and ultra low carb seem to get the fastest results in my experience.
I hadn’t read your stats that closely. Sped read them. So it wasn’t apparent to me how quickly yours had come down in such a short space of time. This is what surprised me about my own reading just after 5 weeks of dietary change - it happened quicker than I expected.