Mollyc1995

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How many carbs do you eat? I know everyone with diabetes is different and some can handle more carbs than others.

Also what sort of carbs do you eat?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
As few as I can get away with. Always under 20. On weekdays I aim to be as near to zero as possible but weekend days are usually nearer 20.

M

Member496333

Not many. I don’t count, but if I had to then it’s probably less than 10g. Green overground vegetables plus an incidental amount from cream in my coffee. No sugar no grains.

Reactions: Paul41

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Between 12 - 20g usually less - I've just recently gone keto - up until then I used to have 70g a day but I was on gliclizide- I dropped the gliclizide when I went keto. Second time of trying my numbers went too high last time and had to take back the gliclizide - this time so far so good :)

Reactions: Brunneria

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I count approximately but aim to stay 30g or under per day. I avoid all forms of potato, pasta, rice, cereal, flour and bread (except for 1 slice of HiLo toast 5g for breakfast most days, never 2 though) and sugar in all its forms insofar as I can.
What are your thoughts?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Just overground veg. Maybe a little communal carbs if we have a chilli with an onion in.

Otherwise as little as possible.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About 70-80g a day. Carbs are mostly veg like cauliflower, swede, carrots, lentils, beans etc. not potatoes, bread, rice or pasta.

Reactions: lovinglife
D

Deleted Account

I eat as much carbs as I fancy and take my insulin.
I guess that's the difference between type 1 and type 2.
Some people with type 1 limit their carbs, but I do not find it necessary.
For example, yesterday, I ate two Aero bars and a bowl of pasta (and more) and my BG remained between 4 and 8. But I confess not every day is as smooth.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As few as possible. Less than 10g a day, often far less.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No idea. I have no reason to know.

Not eating carbs has nothing to do with maths.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meat, fish, eggs, cheese, occasional (very occasional) green veg, occasional nuts, cream in tea.
No onions with the meat, no tomatoes, no mustard, no gravy, no low carb fruits with yoghurt, no square of chocolate?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess usually between 50 and 150. Most of them later in the day, as I find it relatively easy to find the correct dose in the evening as compared with the morning. And I do like a beer, but definitely not in the morning :p

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I started at 50 gm per day after diagnosis, then went down to 40 purely to try to lose weight, but now am just as low as possible.
I have been told that I will have a blood test and health check some time in April, and my weight is going up.
Lower insulin resistance - my guess, but see how I get on with a bag of salad and protein, plus a couple of eggs for a few weeks -

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
How many carbs do you eat? I know everyone with diabetes is different and some can handle more carbs than others.

Also what sort of carbs do you eat?

Usually under 20g most of the time, mainly eating meat and above ground veg and the occasional dip into the 85% choc!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven’t been counting yet. Maybe around 100. Maybe less. I need to get the App set up.

I am not aiming for ultra low though, yet.