What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi,
I was 5.4 this morning, im usually in the 5's, sometimes get a 4.4, but thats not often :D

Sue

Reactions: Omar51 and Roulis

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I was 5.0 at 08:30 this morning. I haven't been above 6.0 for the last 2 months, which I'm very pleased with.

Viv 8)

Type 2

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
the most i've had was three 7.8's in a row... It's really is odd when it happens, i'm tempted to test now to see but i think i will jinx myself so will report back later after teatime :)

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. Usually somewhere between 5 and 6, although I briefly visited the 4's when they changed my Metformin to SR. Only lasted about 4-5 days before going back to the 5's though so I guess this is where my body wants to be... :roll:

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
ladybird64 said:
10.2 :( Not the best way to start the day.

10.3 at 6.45am :(

I've only been testing for just about 2 weeks. I was denied a meter/strips and discouraged from testing ! No medication (yet, but will be I'm told) still waiting to attend DESMOND.

i had 2 Ryvita with cheese and 2 digestives at 10pm.

This is the highest morning reading yet.

I'm discovering that I can't even eat a little something 9- 10pm anymore with my readings being about min 7.5 and 9.5 in the mornings :cry: I have no clue what to do as I'm sometimes at the gym so don't get home until 8.30pm...

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Maybe replace some of the carby foods for something carb free? meat and cheese maybe? meat and cheese on the ryvita instead of the digestives?

Don't beat yourself up with readings that are higher than you'd like, as your new to testing it will take you a little time to find out what works for you.

Sanober

Dislikes
Not really knowing what's going on inside my Endocrine system!!!
Thanks Ebony, you're very kind.

I'm going to experiment with the meat/cheese thing- I've had literally one mini baby bell tonight so will see.

Work in progress eh.

Reactions: Omar51 and SuNuman

NewdestinyX

WOW!! This thread really took off since I started it. I had a feeling it would. It's worked pretty well at a couple of other forums I frequent. At least one place we can all stop into in the morning and say hi - and report our number and a small thought as to why maybe we got a number higher or lower than we wanted.

I was a 5.6 again this am. I've moved to taking my Lantus at night and hoping it brings this even lower..

Thanks for participating all! :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Grant - this thread's really getting people together :)
This morning I remembered to test before my first cup of coffee, but like yesterday was 6.4 again. I am not happy with this as I'm nearly always in the 5s and occasionally lower. I am now looking for the cause but already have my suspicions.

You seem to be in a different time zone - are you outside the UK? Oz maybe?

Reactions: Omar51 and cmbs

Wendywu

Dislikes
Track running. Drunks. Bigots and intolerance in any form. Bullying.
Today was 6.7 but yesterday I got my HbAc1 result of 6.3 which is not too shabby. I'd like to bring it down into the 5's for next time though!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
6.4 today but expected this to be a little higher, out with family last night at a Indian Restaurant and didn't get back in till after midnight.

Nigel

kjt57

Did not test this morning but yesterday was 5.8 had a small cheese omlette and coffee, after 1 hour was 4.8 after 2 hours was 5.5. Quite happy with these....

RussG

7.1 this morning. Bit disappointed as I've been heading lower for a few days after having having moved over to Levemir a couple of weeks ago. Will keep tweaking the dose.

josie38

Hi all,

I am going to advise that this thread is not for the faint-hearted. If you feel you can post your morning BS then feel free but do not lets turn this into members feeling bad because they dont achieve similar figures and not "having a go" because we all work at different levels and what works for you may not work for someone else.

PLEASE remember that it is about just keeping in touch...... not comparing!

Josie