Breakfast

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What have you all had for breakfast? Something carby or low carby....

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Low carb - 2 boiled eggs, 2 coffees with cream and some blanched broccoli and peppers = 10 g carbs (includes
50% of the protein in the eggs)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Confessions of a low carber in a hurry as my gym shift started at 7.30am... hot cross bun. My blood sugar curved as peaked at 15.9 in spite of starting at 7 and taking 3 units of insulin simultaneous to the bun. This is what happens to a type 1 when you don't your own insulin prior to the food (normals get a surge of insulin just by looking at the hot cross bun then more as it hits their mouth and more again once in the small intestine):sour:
Next time I will go for bulletproof coffee.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Usually coffee and double cream. Had some Creme Fraiche (SP?) and pumpkin and sesame seeds this AM as I have not been too well this past week.

Reactions: kitedoc

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My breakfast is the same everyday! Keto coconut ‘porridge’ with a couple of chopped up strawberries and cream with a black coffee. 7g carbs.

Reactions: kitedoc

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee with semi skimmed milk and a cigarette. And a very small bite of the pear I cut for the guinea pigs.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
My standard breakfast.... 4 egg cheese omelette with some sliced red bell pepper in it. 300g plain Greek yoghurt and black coffee. Sometimes I'll add a chocolate flavoured non sweetened almond milk drink with perhaps 5gs of whey protein, but not always.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Hard boiled eggs,kiwi fruit,blackberries and coffees

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Coffee with semi skimmed milk and a cigarette. And a very small bite of the pear I cut for the guinea pigs.

Another smoker....was beginning to feel like a social leper.......3 fags for me so far

Reactions: mazza 2

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Low carb - 2 boiled eggs, 2 coffees with cream and some blanched broccoli and peppers = 10 g carbs (includes
50% of the protein in the eggs)
Broccoli at breakfast......just wrong (only kidding.......if it works for you)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For breakfast this morning I had coffee (decaf) with double cream shortly followed by scrambled egg made with cream, 3 x rashes of bacon, mushrooms and half a grilled tomato and black tea (decaf)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
2 egg cheese omelette, black tea, black coffee. I find that if if I have virtually no carbohydrate at breakfast then my eating stays under control all day.
Carb at breakfast = insulin response = carb craving sometime during the day.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Every day, black coffee followed by black coffee

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
I usually have scrambled egg with cheese melted through it plus avocado, tomato and sometimes mushrooms.
But last night I made the keto bread rolls on the diet doctor website for the first time (almond, psyllium husks, egg white) and they were so good that I had one too many with my last meal of mince, raw garlic and yoghurt, so I slept in (thanks hubby for watching the kids) and didn't eat till almost 11am (I am 34 weeks pregnant too). I needed something "clean" to eat after feeling so bloated all night :p so my first meal of the day was a salad plate of raw cauliflower, tomato, red capsicum, cucumber, avocado, radish, bocconcini cheese and a bit of presswurst.

I saved the eggs I normally have for breakfast to put into a low carb hazelnut cake to have a bit later in the day with a cuppa.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does having a cup of coffee or a cigarette count as breaking your fast? I have a slice of Burgen toast, an egg cooked different ways, with bacon, sausage or another egg. (plus a mug of coffee).