Status
Not open for further replies.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Strikes me that the planet is going to hell in a handcart no matter who does what to whom. Therefore, the best thing for me and my conscience is for me to live my life in accordance with my beliefs. And I guess the same goes for every one of us.

I have come to think that there is no point in strident argument either way. People believe as they will and the more loud, hectoring and forceful the voices opposing them, the less those voices will be heard. I kind of see it as if it's a South Park episode... think of Cartman letting the voices flow in one ear and out of the other ....

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Strikes me that the planet is going to hell in a handcart no matter who does what to whom. Therefore, the best thing for me and my conscience is for me to live my life in accordance with my beliefs. And I guess the same goes for every one of us.

I have come to think that there is no point in strident argument either way. People believe as they will and the more loud, hectoring and forceful the voices opposing them, the less those voices will be heard. I kind of see it as if it's a South Park episode... think of Cartman letting the voices flow in one ear and out of the other ....
Exactly and I heartily support you in doing that.
Live your life exactly how you want but also let me live my life the way I want.
But trying to impose your way of life on others is where many go wrong. Not something I have seen you do I hasten to add.

Reactions: WuTwo

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

This is a reminder to everyone that we have an excellent set of forum rules in place to allow this kind of discussion - ensuring that people stay polite and respectful to each other, while discussing the appropriate evidence.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/
There is one rule in particular that applies here:
A3. Respect others’ differences. Do not disparage because they do not share your opinion or way of doing things. If you find an error then correct it constructively. State your source for the correction so there is no doubt about it.

In light of this, @Marie 2 and @bulkbiker if you wish to continue this discussion, please provide some evidence for your respective claims, rather than just accusing the other of ignoring evidence and talking rubbish.

This thread is way off topic, and will now be closed.
To discuss the subject of the environmental impact of different types of farming, please start another thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: evilclive
Status
Not open for further replies.