1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Veggie Burger that bleeds?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Oldvatr, Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Strikes me that the planet is going to hell in a handcart no matter who does what to whom. Therefore, the best thing for me and my conscience is for me to live my life in accordance with my beliefs. And I guess the same goes for every one of us.

I have come to think that there is no point in strident argument either way. People believe as they will and the more loud, hectoring and forceful the voices opposing them, the less those voices will be heard. I kind of see it as if it's a South Park episode... think of Cartman letting the voices flow in one ear and out of the other ....

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

Exactly and I heartily support you in doing that.
    Live your life exactly how you want but also let me live my life the way I want.
    But trying to impose your way of life on others is where many go wrong. Not something I have seen you do I hasten to add.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi All,

This is a reminder to everyone that we have an excellent set of forum rules in place to allow this kind of discussion - ensuring that people stay polite and respectful to each other, while discussing the appropriate evidence.
    https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/
    There is one rule in particular that applies here:
    A3. Respect others’ differences. Do not disparage because they do not share your opinion or way of doing things. If you find an error then correct it constructively. State your source for the correction so there is no doubt about it.

In light of this, @Marie 2 and @bulkbiker if you wish to continue this discussion, please provide some evidence for your respective claims, rather than just accusing the other of ignoring evidence and talking rubbish.

This thread is way off topic, and will now be closed.
    To discuss the subject of the environmental impact of different types of farming, please start another thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #123 Brunneria, Apr 10, 2019 at 1:25 PM
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook