Red and Processed Meat Bowel Cancer risk up to 20%

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suppose it comes down to trust. We trust those who we believe to have our best interests at heart. Some of these people break that trust which leads us to question everything about the people and the institutions they front

spot on.

that how i now feel.

from what i have seen myself and the (way) too many post of bad experiences
re DX rushed, advice, desmonds, being told don't test,

all poor advice and being given out on an industrial level.
it's heartbreaking to consider we SHOULD be trusting these people with our very lives,
yet for many of us, we are like an underground group,
denying all knowledge face to face, but secretly gathering in dark places plotting the over throw of their despotic rule.

It does lead, as you say, one to question everything,

well for me, that's when it all started to unravel.

I feel like neo from the matrix, discovering the world as i knew it...doesn't really exist..sadly

Reactions: Prem51

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
spot on.

that how i now feel.

it's heartbreaking to consider we SHOULD be trusting these people with our very lives,
denying all knowledge face to face, but secretly gathering in dark places plotting the over throw of their despotic rule.

I feel like neo from the matrix, discovering the world as i knew it...doesn't really exist..sadly

It is sad but strangely empowering, don't you think?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is sad but strangely empowering, don't you think?

in a strange sense ..yes.

i sort of feel i walk a little taller, because I see the world around me in a new light.

Things i never questioned before ..i DO now.
and idea i previously wouldn't have entertained, i now have a much more open mind on.

anyway, back to my bacon & eggs.....before i die...;):D

Reactions: Guzzler

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
spot on.

that how i now feel.

I know what you mean. It is truly shocking the moment you make that discovery about how bad the advice, treatment etc has been for the last however many decades. Just shocking, the level of ignorance, bias and how detrimental it has been for people and continues to be.

I think what gets to me the most is the diet advice and the don't test your levels. Just insane advice, but you take what you know, and you use it to your advantage. And you do things that were supposedly impossible or you shouldn't be able to do. It becomes a positive if you want it to be.

Reactions: Prem51

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well according to Cancer Research UK

https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/he...r-type/bowel-cancer/risk-factors#heading-Zero

The estimated lifetime risk of being diagnosed with bowel cancer is 1 in 15 (7%) for males, and 1 in 18 (6%) for females born after 1960

They also say that in 2015, 54% of cases were preventable, 28% were caused by eating too little fibre, 11% by obesity and a whopping 13% due to eating red/processed meat.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Critical thinking should be taught from childhood. I taught mine to question adverts and still do with my grandchildren, it’s a good start.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
84945C44-B75F-40F6-8938-E561621F1973.jpeg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You forgot to add that humans evolved to use tools such as fire and sharp implements. We still have canines and molars plus we have perhaps the most important attribute, our adaptability.

and the fierce looking carnivore with those big fangs has to kill its prey and tear it to shreds.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
and the fierce looking carnivore with those big fangs has to kill its prey and tear it to shreds.
Zackly. Whereas man uses a spear, fire or a gun or a trap... then sautes his haunch of herbivore with fresh thyme ;)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The clue is in the title:

“What foods are humans best designed to eat”

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Except that we are not the same species. We, like bears, are omnivores however bears are forced to hibernate. For modern man it is forever summer.

M

Member496333

in a strange sense ..yes.

i sort of feel i walk a little taller, because I see the world around me in a new light.

Things i never questioned before ..i DO now.
and idea i previously wouldn't have entertained, i now have a much more open mind on.

anyway, back to my bacon & eggs.....before i die...;):D

Reversing diabetes has been the coolest thing I’ve ever done. Unbelievably good fun. There’s been a lot of pain and misery getting to where I am now, but now that I’ve done it, I am glad that it all happened. I’ve never been happier or more healthy than I am now. Like a fog has been lifted. Far better example of a human being than I ever was. Diabetes is pretty awesome when viewed solely from that perspective :angelic:

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe we shouldn't eat anything lol If you believed everything you read about what to eat and what not to eat you would be changing your diet everyday. I read some of the report and if I ate cereals, bread etc I would according to the report reduce my risk of cancer but I would definitely increase my risk of diabetic complications so I'm gonna take my chances and stick to my meat regardless of the colour, red white or whatever!!!

Reactions: Guzzler