What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A belated good morning all, a 2 greeted me upon rising, imagine my surprise! What no tunnel vision? no sweating or numb lips and tongue (my wife likes that as I can't speak lol) so where has my awareness gone...............two minutes later.......hello John change your clothes they seem to be a bit wet oh and don't try and speak as your mouth feels like you are about to have a filling!! Ah well back on the hypo merry go round, were it stops no body knows, so roll up, roll up and climb on board for a magical mystery tour. any way soon be the weekend 4 days of decorating!! Oh the joy!....I can't wait.

Take care everyone.
Hope ur ok now x

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Bubbsie @karen8967 @ianspurs @philchap1

You’re all great folk and valued members who post on this thread

This thread has forged many friendships and I wish you all good health and happiness and I extend that wish to everyone on here

Ok this morning I’m pain free and using a stick to get around - mobility last night was non existent and I slept on sofa as could not and dare not risk the stairs

I’m feeling bright right now

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum - I had a very similar day yesterday - walked for miles and was extremely low carb but was greeted with a 5.8 this morning. It makes no sense at all because I was in the 4s for most of the day.

Perhaps its my punishment for making my husband walk around the shops for hours. His car was in for a service and I think he regretted saying that we could go round the shops while it was at the garage. It took 5 hours - which I think he didn't expect.

Our labrador had a great day at my sisters. He had a wonderful time helping them dig the garden so his foot is absolutely ok now. If he wasn't digging - he was laying down where they wanted to dig. We have artificial grass so digging in a real garden is a treat for him.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[
We have artificial grass so digging in a real garden is a treat for him.
We need artificial grass now Krystyna...'Plumpy' has ruined the lawn...it's a bit of a travesty to call it lawn now it's nothing but trenches he's dug...his toys are scattered all over it & I won't mention what he does to reach the bird feeder.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
[

We need artificial grass now Krystyna...'Plumpy' has ruined the lawn...it's a bit of a travesty to call it lawn now it's nothing but trenches he's dug...his toys are scattered all over it & I won't mention what he does to reach the bird feeder.
Our lawn was completely ruined also - the dogs loved chasing each other around the raised bed - it looked like a motocross track. The artificial grass has been brilliant.
Archie the older labrador totally wrecked our lovely handmade wooden bird feeder trying to get at the bird food.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our lawn was completely ruined also - the dogs loved chasing each other around the raised bed - it looked like a motocross track. The artificial grass has been brilliant.
Archie the older labrador totally wrecked our lovely handmade wooden bird feeder trying to get at the bird food.
I'll have to seriously consider the artificial grass...he's annihilated the whole grassed area...when we moved in the garden was a nightmare...broken fences a stagnant pond...fungus growing everywhere plus a large shed that was about to implode...had it landscaped which cost a fortune now it looks like an adventure playground...yes I think artificial grass is the way to go.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll have to seriously consider the artificial grass...he's annihilated the whole grassed area...when we moved in the garden was a nightmare...broken fences a stagnant pond...fungus growing everywhere plus a large shed that was about to implode...had it landscaped which cost a fortune now it looks like an adventure playground...yes I think artificial grass is the way to go.
It's also lovely to have no muddy pawprints on the white tiles that we have on a lot of our downstairs floors.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bizarre morning. Earlier message from my body had me phoning my Brief - I was desperate to keep the avocado masher if our relationship is over. Turns out my body can't summarily end the relationship - so that is a relief. There is a spate of this doing the rounds due to something/someone called Elsie. A snake oil contamination problem which apparently causes early morning problems - police suspect someone calling themselves Dawn P. Anyhow, lined up 2 possibles. An Anglo Asian called Mustbea Betterway and a Scandinavian called Gottabe Anotherroute. Apparently, Elsie is offering Unicorn Eggs for Easter.

Last edited:

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Bizarre morning. Earlier message from my body had me phoning my Brief - I was desperate to keep the avocado masher if our relationship is over. Turns out my body can't summarily end the relationship - so that is a relief. There is a spate of this doing the rounds due to something/someone called Elsie. A snake oil contamination problem which apparently causes early morning problems - police suspect someone calling themselves Dawn P. Anyhow, lined up 2 possibles. An Anglo Asian called Mustbea Betterway and a Scandinavian called Gottabe Anotherroute. Apparently, Elsie is offering Unicorn Eggs for Easter.

You're on form today @ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie @karen8967 @ianspurs @philchap1

You’re all great folk and valued members who post on this thread

This thread has forged many friendships and I wish you all good health and happiness and I extend that wish to everyone on here

Ok this morning I’m pain free and using a stick to get around - mobility last night was non existent and I slept on sofa as could not and dare not risk the stairs

I’m feeling bright right now

I'm glad you didn't break anything! And I'm glad you're doing better today. Take care.

Viv19

It’s just the horrible anticipation isn’t it? Whatever it is we are worrying about it’s frustrating not to be able to calm our inner selves down. Have you tried mindfulness? I’ve got the Headspace app and I’ve found 10-15 mins guided meditation a day really does help.

Yes daughter No2 told me (very bossy these girls) that I should do a course on mindfulness. It was a distance learning course which I would normally like, but I was helping Dad to care for my mother, and didn’t manage enough time to concentrate in n it. Perhaps I should try again.