What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Bubbsie @karen8967 @ianspurs @philchap1

You’re all great folk and valued members who post on this thread

This thread has forged many friendships and I wish you all good health and happiness and I extend that wish to everyone on here

Ok this morning I’m pain free and using a stick to get around - mobility last night was non existent and I slept on sofa as could not and dare not risk the stairs

I’m feeling bright right now
Thats good take it easy x

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you are getting a handle on the hypo's, they are horrible aren't they? mine are getting worse and feel so tired after them. Hope you start to feel better
john it sounds horrendously difficult to manage them and they are so frequent...I really do feel for you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back in and catching up. There has been so much action. @ianpspurs sounds like he need to lie down (minus Elsie etc) in a very dark room. @gennepher has taken the heavy guns to the water company and been victorious. @johnpol @karen8967 @philchap1 have had a horrible run of hypos, hugs all round. Dogs are running riot in their backgardens, artificial grass and is there nothing a labrador wont eat! @Cumberland wins for the worst luck ever...glad the ankle isnt broken though sprains can be very painful...what is going to happen to walking Wispa? Hugs to you too and Wispa just because. Phew...I am taking a rest now.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wondering if they've ever tried to dig up the artificial grass or have damaged it in any way Krystyna?
No - they haven't tried to dig it or damage it in any way. They love lying on it . They still do run round and round the central raised bed but it does not cause any damage at all. It is also much easier to clear up after they have been to the toilet than our real grass was.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No - they haven't tried to dig it or damage it in any way. They love lying on it . They still do run round and round the central raised bed but it does not cause any damage at all. It is also much easier to clear up after they have been to the toilet than our real grass was.
I've just finished a four hour stint with the odd drink & forum break in between clearing up the trimmings from our hedge (its huge) so anything that will make my life easier...TBH the garden is now so messy with bare patches it does put you off sitting out there...determined to claim it back from 'Plumpy' then watch him like a hawk.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope you are getting a handle on the hypo's, they are horrible aren't they? mine are getting worse and feel so tired after them. Hope you start to feel better
They wipe ye out john and if ye over treat they wipe ye out with the highs sometimes you cant win but hey ho such is this diabetes lark

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
7.0 that’s ok

Have a good day

Bad day yesterday
Had 2 falls and sprained my ankle plus hypo and vomiting

Went to A&E 10pm got seen no broken bones thankfully

Ok peeps have a good day
You take care and rest up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Me to Karen, last two days I've struggled to stay in the 4s cut basal and bolus , glad I've got the Dexcom G6, take care x
@philchap1 @karen8967 @Cumberland and all Type 1s or T2 on insulin, for all the huffing and puffing I and others do on here compared to the roller coaster you guys have I really don't know I'm born. Top, top people each and everyone of you.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perhaps its my punishment for making my husband walk around the shops for hours.

His car was in for a service and I think he regretted saying that we could go round the shops while it was at the garage.
It took 5 hours :***: - which I think he didn't expect.

Schoolboy error sadly..

(happens a lot to newly weds..;) )

he'll learn....:hilarious:

suzywakeup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@suzywakeup FBG often takes longer to show the true extent of what you have done. How are the rises after meals doing? This is a marathon not a sprint and most of us certainly hit the wall plenty of times. Don't take the success stories and string of 4s as either the norm or a target - that way madness lies.
Thankyou Ian :) Yes, after meals are more reasonable, usually between 5 and 8 depending on what was eaten!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyhow, lined up 2 possibles.
An Anglo Asian called Mustbea Betterway and
a Scandinavian called Gottabe Anotherroute.

well if it helps....

without seeing pics, i'd swipe right on Mustbea...cooking will be better
"why don't we go for a scandi, i fancy some herring rolls",..said No one..ever..

good luck, braver man then i trusting that there 'internet' dating...:wideyed: