What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Well have the results of that latest blood test
eFGR = 47 mL/min
Serum creatinine level 132 umol/L
Everything else reasonably OK

But do again which will be the fifth time since 25th Feb.
Tried googling this stuff but couldnt get much sense...what does it mean John?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 and got off lightly. Low carb food yesterday as usual but as it was anniversary of meeting my hubby 33 years ago wine was involved, and peanuts, far too many!!!!

The love story. .....

I had broken up with an ex who I had been on and off with for over 3 years. A lovely friend wanted to set me up on a blind date to help the healing process. NO THANKS I NEVER WANT TO DATE ANOTHER MAN AGAIN! As you can see I politely declined! So my best friend went on the blind date. He was a handsome young man called Eric. No sparks for them but they got in well enough. Next time I went out with my friend on a girly night she spotted Eric and some friends sitting at a table in the pub. She waved over. They beckoned us. We sat with them, me next to Eric. We had so much in common we didnt come up for breath. Love at first sight actually. Told each other just that 3 weeks later and married within 7 months. So yes, peanuts and wine were most definitely in order!!!

Happy hump day folks.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
"Tried googling this stuff but couldnt get much sense...what does it mean John?"

I was sort of hoping you could tell me. :)

eFGR is indicative of kidney function the lower the number the less efficiently your kidneys are working so can together with other tests be used to diagnose CKD 47 is in the lower range of type 3a CKD under 40 would be type 3b CKD I think if it drops much lower I could be taken of Metformin as metformin can cause problems with the kidneys.

Creatinine is a waste product that comes from the normal wear and tear on muscles of the body.Everyone has creatinine in their bloodstream.Your Kidneys normally filter most of it out.

The upper end of the normal range is 120 umol/L mine is highish.

Probably diabetes has damaged my kidneys somewhat.

Oh almost forgot fbg this morning of 5.8

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.7 this morning at 8 am

It was another stressful day yesterday. Been ‘fighting’ the dual fuel company to return over £500 credit (I pay direct debit and it accumulates) for a few months and it had gone to official complaint and further.

It is not easy when their chat goes to Mumbai and their operators use cut and paste prepared answers which bear no relation to the problem. Even any email went to somewhere similar with cut and paste answers which also bore no relation to the problems.

I am quite capable of fighting my own battles but I was worn out with this one. So a friend stepped in. She is a mathematician and did spreadsheets and stuff to prove I was paying too much direct debit for fuel I use. The company kept putting the direct debit up. She also went on the chat pretending she was me. She had the mathematical facts better than I had. Over half an hour later of intense chat to Mumbai and her digging her heels in every step of the way, I got my half grand refunded to my account, and the direct debit reduces to a correct amount.

RESULT!!!!!

I am so grateful to her. The help of friends is invaluable.

By the way for all of you who suggested and recommended the Montezuma’s absolute black chocolate with cocoa and orange nibs...I love it!!
Thank you so much for telling me about it. Only 8 carbs for the whole bar, and this is also going to be invaluable on the days when I am so stressed and I need to pig out.

Thank you for being here in this forum.
I try every day to read all the posts because there is a lot of information here and individual ideas.

Take care.
Enjoy the day.
This is going to be the most fantastic day of your life!!!
I am now off to seize the day and have breakfast with a friend.
>^..^<

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum
I've come to the conclusion nothing about T2D is linear.

Last week we hit London, it's taken until today to get under 6.0...
But a double plus is the weights starting to stop rising and I've lost a pound ..lol

Today's FBG..5.6..pretty happy with that, I got peckish last night and ate some curry n stir fry very late 11pm..so that's a GOOD Score by my reckoning .

Been awol a tad since return, scores have been low 6's...so let me catch up a little.

@Chronicle_Cat ..just have to agree.. great series of shots, just shows how a good mind set and discipline can achieve so much... And all while you have so much on your plate to deal with ..marvellous stuff.

@alf_Josiah ...I think we've had demonstrations this week trying to get the govt to ban your visit .hope you make it through the roadblocks..lol
( Sat nag ..:hilarious:
Your poor wife...must be a medal in it for her, surely ;))

@Krystyna23040 glad dogs ok
@Viv19 a late welcome from me..good scores..but see above..;)
@MICHAELD11 . Welcome
@JohnEGreen ..as others say, not sure about that. How's the feet today ?
EDIT. now spotted your post, john
@karen8967 ...ouch.

And @OrsonKartt ...
You know what that means .

A Day off today,
A few chores then
Out to the gym..:***:
And then out for a ride..blow them cobwebs off and get ready for SUMMER..:D

dirtbike.gif

Hope yours is a good un.

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.9 and got off lightly. Low carb food yesterday as usual but as it was anniversary of meeting my hubby 33 years ago wine was involved, and peanuts, far too many!!!!

The love story. .....

I had broken up with an ex who I had been on and off with for over 3 years. A lovely friend wanted to set me up on a blind date to help the healing process. NO THANKS I NEVER WANT TO DATE ANOTHER MAN AGAIN! As you can see I politely declined! So my best friend went on the blind date. He was a handsome young man called Eric. No sparks for them but they got in well enough. Next time I went out with my friend on a girly night she spotted Eric and some friends sitting at a table in the pub. She waved over. They beckoned us. We sat with them, me next to Eric. We had so much in common we didnt come up for breath. Love at first sight actually. Told each other just that 3 weeks later and married within 7 months. So yes, peanuts and wine were most definitely in order!!!

Happy hump day folks.
Happy anniversary

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. No reading today as I am still slightly off balance from a disturbing text ending my relationship - doesn't anyone do that face to face these days?
"Hi Ian, this is your body. You didn't really think it could last did you? What made you think I would fall for that cheap LC ploy - all that cream cheese - really? Sure, I played along for a while and made nice. It was so hard to keep a straight face and maintain the act. You poor sap.
Cheers sucker."
You can see why I am off balance.
Hopefully, @Debandez can set me up on a blind date with one of these WOE gals:arghh: (Having a naughty threesome with an avocado and some mackerel fillets later but looking for a more stable long term partner once I get over being jilted)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
NO THANKS I NEVER WANT TO DATE ANOTHER MAN AGAIN!
As you can see I politely declined!

So my best friend went on the blind date. He was a handsome young man called Eric. No sparks for them but they got in well enough. Next time I went out with my friend on a girly night she spotted Eric and some friends sitting at a table in the pub. She waved over. They beckoned us. We sat with them, me next to Eric.

We had so much in common we didnt come up for breath. Love at first sight actually.
Told each other just that 3 weeks later and married within 7 months. So yes, peanuts and wine were most definitely in order!!!

i luvs a happy ending...:D

the lord certainly moves in mysterious ways...

happy anniversary.:)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. No reading today as I am still slightly off balance from a disturbing text ending my relationship - doesn't anyone do that face to face these days?
"Hi Ian, this is your body. You didn't really think it could last did you? What made you think I would fall for that cheap LC ploy - all that cream cheese - really? Sure, I played along for a while and made nice. It was so hard to keep a straight face and maintain the act. You poor sap.
Cheers sucker."
You can see why I am off balance.
Hopefully, @Debandez can set me up on a blind date with one of these WOE gals:arghh: (Having a naughty threesome with an avocado and some mackerel fillets later but looking for a more stable long term partner once I get over being jilted)
I've got someone in mind @ianpspurs. She is called 'Fatismyfrienda' she is Italian I think. Not your usual Italian though as she doesnt eat pasta, bread, rice or potatoes. I'm sure she will be perfect for you. Rumour has it she enjoys a good threesome so win win!;)

Reactions: Freema

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and the direct debit reduces to a correct amount.
Well done gennepher I refuse to pay my utilities bill by direct debit for that very reason...my last bill was estimated (again) it came in at £450...I got them to read the meter then it reduced by almost £200...always good to hear a success story.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated good morning all, a 2 greeted me upon rising, imagine my surprise! What no tunnel vision? no sweating or numb lips and tongue (my wife likes that as I can't speak lol) so where has my awareness gone...............two minutes later.......hello John change your clothes they seem to be a bit wet oh and don't try and speak as your mouth feels like you are about to have a filling!! Ah well back on the hypo merry go round, were it stops no body knows, so roll up, roll up and climb on board for a magical mystery tour. any way soon be the weekend 4 days of decorating!! Oh the joy!....I can't wait.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got someone in mind @ianpspurs. She is called 'Fatismyfrienda' she is Italian I think. Not your usual Italian though as she doesnt eat pasta, bread, rice or potatoes. I'm sure she will be perfect for you. Rumour has it she enjoys a good threesome so win win!;)
Thanks @Debandez. I think what finally did it was the tiny prick now and again
and, worst of all, insisting on rating the performance on a little meter afterwards:angelic:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done gennepher I refuse to pay my utilities bill by direct debit for that very reason...my last bill was estimated (again) it came in at £450...I got them to read the meter then it reduced by almost £200...always good to hear a success story.
Thankyou
I am looking for changing power companies, but no idea if this will be out of the frying pan into the fire.
Good on you for sorting them out as well.
>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...late to bed at 02:30 am not up until 08:45...as I locked up last night (or this morning) I passed the fridge...stopped for a brief moment...today there are crumbs on the kitchen floor...oh dear:angelic::angelic::angelic:...I just couldn't resist...woke to an unsurprising 6.3...oops.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I think a post cancer check is far more stressful than my thyroid. All the best for the next one.

It’s just the horrible anticipation isn’t it? Whatever it is we are worrying about it’s frustrating not to be able to calm our inner selves down. Have you tried mindfulness? I’ve got the Headspace app and I’ve found 10-15 mins guided meditation a day really does help.