Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning on this very stormy day my garden furniture is everywhere anyhow have a great weekend everyone

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning on this very stormy day my garden furniture is everywhere anyhow have a great weekend everyone

It was a bit on the breezy side last night, but Happy Saturday to you Karen :)

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm sorry @Robinredbreast didnt mean to cause so much stress so will stop the biscuit dunking fun :):angelic:

@therower thanks for the banana :)

All is well over here.

Aaaww thank you :angelic: I was drooling over toast last night, daughter said she was so hungry after being sick a few times, so I made her 1 piece of toast and the smell was wonderful :happy::joyful: then just before bed she was promptly sick again, but all quiet throughout the night :)
Good morning :)

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning it's the weekend, certainly different from last weekend :rolleyes:
Awoke on a 9.4 and having my first cuppa :happy: Hope the weekend will be a good one for you all, Happy Saturday :)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
@kitedoc Roobios? What are they?

Morning, raining but weather said it would, going gym :)

Catch you later.
Roobios is a a South African plant whose leaves are dried and used to make a form of tea.
Tastes much like tea but without caffeine.
Sunny and mild here. Lightly southerly breeze.
Reading a science fiction book whilst contemplating the next kite making activity !!

Reactions: therower and porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Rooibos tea - I drink about 8 cups a day. Red Bush Tea from Africa. Nicest without milk or sugar (for me) and a good flavour. As @kitedoc says, lotsa antioxidants and supposedly helpful with blood sugar. I dunno. I drink it because 12 mugs of strong black coffee a day weren't helping. I switched to 3 coffees in the morning with rooibos the rest of the day.
A glass of WHAT??? :wideyed::hilarious:;)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Back from a nice - if windy - stroll on level ground (helps the back) followed by a mad dash to the office to send off urgent document and finally trip to Sainsbury's for some of life's essentials. Next - brekkie, which Mr Wu is cooking (he's a much better cook than I am).

Later on I think I need to make tofu, but the next batch of seitan can wait until tomorrow. Today I want a long soak in a hot bath with some bath gunge. Doesn't sound much but all week I have showers and I lurve's me a bath!

Aside from that I want to sort out the incense box and bin any I don't much like any more. Any old stuff I do like gets crumbled into a little open box and popped in the bottom of my wardrobe; my version of pot pourri sachets in the knicker drawer like mum used to make. And there's always my sewing to get on with :)

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone!
I've just been catching up a bit with your chat and oh dear God I want to eat all the biscuits!
I admit I have been treating myself for an cheeky couple after a meal if I'm still hungry (and I'm always hungry...)

I too can hear the wind outside. Not much looking forward to going out in it. Though am looking forward to leaving the house to somewhere that's not to pick up a prescription

Reactions: Japes and karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi Jazz97 and welcome
waving.gif

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone!
I've just been catching up a bit with your chat and oh dear God I want to eat all the biscuits!
I admit I have been treating myself for an cheeky couple after a meal if I'm still hungry (and I'm always hungry...)

I too can hear the wind outside. Not much looking forward to going out in it. Though am looking forward to leaving the house to somewhere that's not to pick up a prescription
Take care with post-meal biscuits, they'll add carbs you've not dosed for and make it hard to plot your insulin to carb requirements. Still hungry? Cheese, nuts, bacon, ham etc or low carb snacks - you can find loads of recipes on this site or others on the web. I'll tag @Mel dCP as she eats low carb and may have some suggestions

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.
Did some mention a virtual gym?? Where do I sign up for that lol.
Not so windy in pontypool at the mo.
Off to see Ed Gamble tonight, really cant wait BUT the laughing will set off my cough, could be amusing....

Reactions: Daphne917 and hh1

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take care with post-meal biscuits, they'll add carbs you've not dosed for and make it hard to plot your insulin to carb requirements. Still hungry? Cheese, nuts, bacon, ham etc or low carb snacks - you can find loads of recipes on this site or others on the web. I'll tag @Mel dCP as she eats low carb and may have some suggestions
On a fixed dose at the moment, but I have cut out a lot of sugar for now. Only been diagnosed 2 weeks, and the levels are coming down nicely. I dont think I've ever eaten so much cheese in my life than I have the past couple of weeks! Also discovered the wonders of pork scratchings and beef jerky to help those hunger pangs between meals!

Reactions: Knikki and hh1

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Jazz97 you will be hungry for a while as your body settles down again now that it is getting the nutrition it needs.
Cheese is always good!

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jazz97 you will be hungry for a while as your body settles down again now that it is getting the nutrition it needs.
Cheese is always good!
Yes! I'm amazed I didn't realise anything was wrong for so long considering I used to struggle with two meals a day!
I have discovered some sugar free biscuits , which of course I am still eating in moderation, but have been a saviour for my cookie cravings!

Reactions: Knikki