Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Keto Salt Lake 2019-11-Ivor Cummins: How to Achieve A Great Healthspan

Another tip-top lecture from Ivor. Interesting stuff on blood test results wrt risk factors with lipids.
This is why it is so important for us to understand markers, proxy markers, risk factors and actual damage that can be seen. Just a pity that the CAC scan is not part of the MOT offered on the NHS.

M

Member496333

Just a pity that the CAC scan is not part of the MOT offered on the NHS.

Yup. Along with insulin. I mean CAC & insulin? Pfft. Who wants to check those, right?

Not having a moan about the individual people in the system, but in recent years I’ve really lost faith in the NHS as a machine. Sometimes it feels like we completely ignore the simplest and most efficacious screening for the ailments that affect us most.

Reactions: kokhongw

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yup. Along with insulin. I mean CAC & insulin? Pfft. Who wants to check those, right?

Not having a moan about the individual people in the system, but in recent years I’ve really lost faith in the NHS as a machine. Sometimes it feels like we completely ignore the simplest and most efficacious screening for the ailments that affect us most.

Agreed. And yet how much is spent on e.g lipid tests/statin drugs? My GP told me it was preventative medicine and I replied that assessing risk should come first and that current assessment models are poo (or words to that effect).
I'm still mad about how and why that consult happened and I too have lost faith. I so sometimes think if they're getting the simple things wrong what on earth are they doing with the difficult stuff?

M

Member496333

Agreed. And yet how much is spent on e.g lipid tests/statin drugs? My GP told me it was preventative medicine and I replied that assessing risk should come first and that current assessment models are poo (or words to that effect).
I'm still mad about how and why that consult happened and I too have lost faith. I so sometimes think if they're getting the simple things wrong what on earth are they doing with the difficult stuff?

Sadly I often feel that “the system” doesn’t actually want to prevent tooooo many people from getting chronically sick. Mainly because early awareness and prevention probably don’t keep the money flowing into all the right pockets. I’m derailing a little though...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sadly I often feel that “the system” doesn’t actually want to prevent tooooo many people from getting chronically sick. Mainly because early awareness and prevention probably don’t keep the money flowing into all the right pockets. I’m derailing a little though...
I've not got to the conspiracy theory yet but the sheer dogmatism and lack of momentum? Yeah, I'm there.

M

Member496333

I've not got to the conspiracy theory yet but the sheer dogmatism and lack of momentum? Yeah, I'm there.

Yeah I know what you mean. I don’t think any of it is a conspiracy. More just the natural course of capitalism.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-13-Dr. Nick Trujillo: Empowering Health Change

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-14-Cindy Miller RN: When your weight loss stalls, what to do?

Reactions: Guzzler

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-14-Cindy Miller RN: When your weight loss stalls, what to do?

Thank you @Indy51 i found this very funny and really enjoyed it
@Rachox @Debandez @Goonergal @DJC3 don’t be put off by weight stall title it’s broaderthan this and I loved it think you may find it useful @Debandez for your weight loss ‘clinics’
.@Rachox some interesting comments on ditching those old clothes!
Very unlike the other very scientific stuff but good fun.

Reactions: DJC3 and Guzzler

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Keto Salt Lake 2019-11-Ivor Cummins: How to Achieve A Great Healthspan

I think this is one of Ivor's best as he dabbled in several areas. I try to have one video to hand that explains toa sceptic many points, this and Sarah Halbergs Tedx are my favourites.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you @Indy51 i found this very funny and really enjoyed it
@Rachox @Debandez @Goonergal @DJC3 don’t be put off by weight stall title it’s broaderthan this and I loved it think you may find it useful @Debandez for your weight loss ‘clinics’
.@Rachox some interesting comments on ditching those old clothes!
Very unlike the other very scientific stuff but good fun.
Thanks, Shelley. To be frank, I skipped over this thinking 'hmmm, this is something I probably do not need to watch' but your comment made me curious so I did watch. Some people are just natural educators and this nurse is certainly a natural. This video would be great as a sticky for newbies because, as you say, it doesn't only speak to Fat loss stalls.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-15-Carole Freeman: The Keys to Sustainable Keto

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-16-Saturday Morning Q and A Panel

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-17-Amber O’Hearn: Animal based nutrition beyond - fat and protein

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-18-Dr. Ken Berry: Lies My Doctor Told Me

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-19-Drew Manning: The Mental & Emotional Side of Keto

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Keto Salt Lake 2019-20-Siobhan Huggins: Investigating Inflammation: Looking Past the Alarm

Reactions: Guzzler