Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Not sure what to do next but got cross stitch magazine in charity shop the other day for 25p with some great Christmas designs with some beautiful angels (set of 4)....could keep me busy for some time....:)
I also have a stash to choose from .....decisions, decisions....

I love the Christmas designs - I did a series of Christmas deccies for the tree in January/Feb and have put them away carefully, and I'm looking forward to when it's time to start the Christmas cards. I love doing them. I usually photocopy the patterns in the mags, and then pop the mags down to my local charity shop - best of both worlds.

I have a design for a scrummy advent calendar which I am looking forward to but there are no children in the family until my son and his partner decide to add to our number, and my husband isn't remotely Christmassy.

Reactions: Molly56

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Brilliantly informative thanks @Scott-C I'm going to have fun, cider and some crisps and then cheese on toast. This must be heaven. Tell you later what happens

Lol, Sue, enjoy it!

You'll probably have heard of the dreaded "pizza effect". After a few beers, it's the one time it's really useful - a bit of cheese on toast is more or less a small pizza: the fat from the cheese slows down the toast carb absorption, so you'll get a nice slow glucose feed to counter the slow basal drop.

I tend to go overboard with it - some ketchup below the cheese and chopped shallots, capers and Italian mixed herbs on top!

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Wooowee lots of ciders and lovely hand raised....not hand reared pork pies. I indulged a little............ no fib.... I drank a lot
IMG_2362.JPG
and it was brill, Rioja cask, whiskey cask ciders and some others BUT a walk along the Thames and decent bolus did the biz more or less. Had a little blip of 10ish but now 7.9and happy to see it go down.
So so happy to have just done normal stuff and not bothered about having diabetes and it was all great..
Thanks @Scott-C for the wise words, it worked

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I finally managed to get into single figures.... and then had a take away...
Why am I like this?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Had an interesting pod change just now... first time ever, I had a real bleeder as I took the old one off, had to phone down to the husband to bring me up some toilet paper - it was on my tummy so I didn’t want to get blood all over the bed (I was sat in bed doing it). I guess that would explain why the insulin was working so fast over the last three days, it was going straight into a blood vessel! Onset of action was very quick, and it was wearing off faster too, and I was having more lows than I usually do. So that’s a bit more learning curve...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hope everyone is having a good weekend.....View attachment 32725.....latest sewing project completed....now to decide what to do next...:)....sunshine and showers here with hail storm earlier so not really gardening weather....perhaps tomorrow...

Another lovely cross stitch Molly, well done :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having a lovely hot bath and catching up with all your news! We rattled our way to £365.80, so we’re thrilled and a bit knackered now. Also, Happy Star Wars Day, I’ve got my Darth Vader pjs on standby :)

I was promoting McCoys Muchos today and managed to get in a 'May the 4th be with you' lol I do like a bit of Star Wars, but the older ones
Well done on the rattling, that's a great amount :)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well the girls won, the mother’s played dirty.......2 penalties awarded to the girls.........1 of which wasn’t because Mrs Slip handed the ball away from the goal;).................:facepalm: would have been a good save had she been the goalkeeper! End of season awards also done and Miss Slip got the most improved player trophy :happy:

@SueJB good luck with the cider, I don’t drink it often but when I do I know I’m going to be high afterwards, just don’t over correct.

@Capt-Slog shopping with the wife always sends me low for some reason

'The hand of a god'....mum? lol Nice to read you all had a good time :)

Reactions: slip

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wooowee lots of ciders and lovely hand raised....not hand reared pork pies. I indulged a little............ no fib.... I drank a lotView attachment 32736 and it was brill, Rioja cask, whiskey cask ciders and some others BUT a walk along the Thames and decent bolus did the biz more or less. Had a little blip of 10ish but now 7.9and happy to see it go down.
So so happy to have just done normal stuff and not bothered about having diabetes and it was all great..
Thanks @Scott-C for the wise words, it worked

Lol, Sue, you're now an official, professional T1!

DAFNE courses teach us how to be sensible, the real world teaches us how to go out and get trollied safely!

Jazz97

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nighty night
An early start for me tomorrow ... why am I not asleep yet?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Had an interesting pod change just now... first time ever, I had a real bleeder as I took the old one off, had to phone down to the husband to bring me up some toilet paper - it was on my tummy so I didn’t want to get blood all over the bed (I was sat in bed doing it). I guess that would explain why the insulin was working so fast over the last three days, it was going straight into a blood vessel! Onset of action was very quick, and it was wearing off faster too, and I was having more lows than I usually do. So that’s a bit more learning curve...
Or maybe just protruding into muscle and the removal caused a nicking of a blood vessel, either way it should get you out of washing up ¡,!,

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning guys. Urgently need coffee. Sorry about your bleeder Mel. Yuck! And it explains a lot.

Congrats to Sue on finding out that there is Life After T1 :D

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning, have a fab day everyone.
Glad to see you’ve let your hair down Sue.
Lovely picture Molly.
Right, cat fed, seed in window bird feeder, time for feeding me.

Reactions: Molly56