Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yup we are all one big family :)

Though I must admit on occasion I pick a person may be celeb or not and try and see if I can make connection in on line family tree some times successfully some times not sometimes no matter how hard you try to find a connection there is just no traceable link.

It passes the time.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Though I must admit on occasion I pick a person may be celeb or not and try and see if I can make connection in on line family tree some times successfully some times not sometimes no matter how hard you try to find a connection there is just no traceable link.

It passes the time.
Ah but... there's that old adage, it's a wise man that knows his own father.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes I know that when a woman says that's my child she speaks from knowledge
but when a man says that's my child he speaks from faith.

:)

In my case there happens to be a small genetic trait I have, my son has it my grandson too My father had it as well.

I do not know if my grandfather had it as my father never spoke of him and it is a mystery as to his identity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah but... there's that old adage, it's a wise man that knows his own father.

Oh yes! And with all the IVF's and whatnot, different family set ups, siblings with several different fathers, what chance have many of them finding their ancestors should they want to. It's already a minefield analysing the census returns and wondering just how parents managed to have so many children, and were some of them really grandchildren, illegitimate children of a daughter?
One of my brick walls was found and taken in by a poor farming family up in the hills. He was reputedly found under a holly bush wrapped in clothing with £10 . £10 was worth millions in the early 1700's.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I happen to have veggies in my living room right now! They are the blossoming kale from last years garden :)
They wont fit in a fruit bowl, though.
(and ignore the tulips in the background)
59745212_10217504240952251_431287546278838272_n.jpg

Very pretty.

I have a fan just like that.

Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Brilliant night last night but very late home.

Rick Astley was great, Take That were great (Robbie guest appeared by the use of technology) and Lulu joined them for Relight my Fire :D

Have a good day.

H :)

Lulu? THE Lulu? I loved her in To Sir, With Love.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a small independent gift shop in our town which sells handblown glassware. I have four pieces now. It ain't cheap but I love the fact that no two pieces are the same. The colours are beautiful. Have started to hint at the XL sons whenever a birthday is coming up. I just love this shop except for the area where they keep the scented candles, anyone else find them overwhelming?

Not quite overwhelming but I do not like to be around them. I have a good friend who does find them overwhelming. I am one of those people who like the smell of ink, toner, diesel exhaust, and -- for any who remember it -- duplicating fluid.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only European ancestors of mine that I know for certain about are the ones who came to America from the Netherlands. The others are said to have come here from what my grandfather called "the British Isles" which at that time would have included Ireland; one ancestor was a Huguenot who came from France by way of Ulster.

Many of my Alabama friends are part American Indian and I would not be surprised to find that I am too, if we had any records going back before 1802 on my father's father's side. One ancestor I found was an officer in the Continental Army.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just love this shop except for the area where they keep the scented candles, anyone else find them overwhelming?
YES! Yuck. I avoid shops with scented candles and also try to keep at least 200 meters between myself and The body shop, as just one of their little stores can stink up a square kilometer.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
YES! Yuck. I avoid shops with scented candles and also try to keep at least 200 meters between myself and The body shop, as just one of their little stores can stink up a square kilometer.
Headache on a stick = Bodyshop! Loathe that place and have never actually been inside one.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It passes the time.

I agree. I do it with horse pedigrees. I once learned how to do organization charts by tracing all the Kentucky Derby winners back to one foundation sire -- not the big three famous ones, but an obscure one who had daughters but apparently no sons. It's kinda like doing a crossword puzzle. Or maybe dot-to-dot.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just love this shop except for the area where they keep the scented candles, anyone else find them overwhelming?

I can't walk through shops that have cosmetic departments where they have perfume testers. I start sneezing, my face goes blotchy and I just have to escape. Anyone wearing too much perfume makes me react the same. I can't wear any myself. Not that this bothers me in the slightest. I never go anywhere where I might want to.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can't walk through shops that have cosmetic departments where they have perfume testers. I start sneezing, my face goes blotchy and I just have to escape. Anyone wearing too much perfume makes me react the same. I can't wear any myself. Not that this bothers me in the slightest. I never go anywhere where I might want to.
When my youngest comes out of the shower room I can actually taste all the gubbins that he has sprayed/slathered himself with. He smells like a tart's handbag.

Reactions: MangosteenElbow

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I was taught that you're supposed to wear only enough perfume for someone to smell when they get close enough to kiss! :D

I miss the lemon-scented colognes of the '70s. Guys seemed to like them too. ;)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That made me laugh out loud. First time I’ve heard this.
Not having a wash before you leave the home for work or a night out just using loads of deodorant etc is called having a squaddie shower. This too sometimes happens with young men round 'ere.

Reactions: MangosteenElbow

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just had a bit of a rant, finding it difficult to switch off from it so I found this, it is working.

Good night Duckies, sleep well.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Lulu? THE Lulu? I loved her in To Sir, With Love.
Yes, THE Lulu

Hope you're all well this morning.

Shattered last night, I was in bed by 9pm.
I like a scented candle :oops:

Have a good day.

H :)