Low carb help..

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Are you doing an online shop? You can look up the nutrition if so.
There is a low fat natural yog in our fridge at the moment (husband eats it) which is 6.4g carb per 100g so that isn’t too bad. I prefer Fage or Skyr myself.
Yes, I am. I have found one that is 5.1g carb per 150g!

D

Deleted member 83869

Are you doing an online shop? You can look up the nutrition if so.
There is a low fat natural yog in our fridge at the moment (husband eats it) which is 6.4g carb per 100g so that isn’t too bad. I prefer Fage or Skyr myself.
Throwing myself straight into it isn't a good idea is it?? In regards to reducing my carbs... How much should I aim for per day? Meal planning is a good idea too isn't it? X

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
We’ll support you - whatever method you follow. There is a Friday weigh. In thread too if you feel like sharing results...
@Diakat where can I find the Friday weigh in please?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Thanks,it's on the type 2 thread so perhaps I shouldn't join in or perhaps start another for type 1s
Pretty sure that a common cause overrides type here.

D

Deleted member 83869

Pretty sure that a common cause overrides type here.
I started today.....well sort of! Didn't have breakfast as had a hectic morning, (swollen face and took my brother to the station so he could go home)
Lunch: some ham, cheese, cucumber and 2slices of ryvitas with butter and marmite

Dinner: steak and mushrooms

I'm still hungry but don't know what else to have.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started today.....well sort of! Didn't have breakfast as had a hectic morning, (swollen face and took my brother to the station so he could go home)
Lunch: some ham, cheese, cucumber and 2slices of ryvitas with butter and marmite

Dinner: steak and mushrooms

I'm still hungry but don't know what else to have.

More cheese maybe, or if you have any some berries with cream?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have berries...not defrosted yet though! What cream is best??

Double or Extra Thick Double is my choice.

If I have this, I pour the cream over rthe frozen berries. The cream freezes on contact, so forms a coating. Then eat.

Deeeelish.

D

Deleted member 83869

Double or Extra Thick Double is my choice.

If I have this, I pour the cream over rthe frozen berries. The cream freezes on contact, so forms a coating. Then eat.

Deeeelish.
Ohhhhhh now that sounds good!! I will have to get some cream and try that!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ohhhhhh now that sounds good!! I will have to get some cream and try that!!

It is good. I don't have a sweet tooth, and only have a dessert every several months, but this works for me, to the extent I prefer berries frozen to fresh these days.

D

Deleted member 83869

It is good. I don't have a sweet tooth, and only have a dessert every several months, but this works for me, to the extent I prefer berries frozen to fresh these days.
I don't think I've tried berries frozen, might have to give it a try! I have a very sweet tooth though haha

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think I've tried berries frozen, might have to give it a try! I have a very sweet tooth though haha

Large strawberries are a bit of a mouthful, but smaller strawberries, yummy raspberries and blueberries are fab. Raspberries are my faves

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
How were the strawberries?