What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 :)

No worries. :)
I hate nagging this thread to get back on topic, because I love this thread, and I love all of you.
But the reason it is such a fab thread, is because of the magic combo of lots of food, and friendly updates.
When that gets swamped by other stuff, it stops being those things.

Don’t get me wrong. Just because I loathe the Eurovision doesn’t mean you aren’t all welcome to chunter ad infinitum.
But maybe take it to a chat thread.
I know we have had hysterically funny EVSC chat threads in other years. :)

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Was it me... or was Madonna flat? And as for that eye patch - what's that all about?

I'm actually having Sunday dinner on Sunday this week.... yippee..... (unfortunately this means that Mr C only gets one day off next weekend)

Breakfast: usual Sunday brunch of bacon, egg, mushrooms, high meat content chipolatas, a couple of tablespoons of baked beans

Lunch: Nothing

Dinner: very slow roast beef brisket, cauliflower, sprouts, broccoli, few pieces of carrot and roast parsnip maybe a Yorkshire pudding depending on what my BG is like at the time

Dessert: Strawberries (no cream - I've decided I don't like cream with fruit)

Drinks: BDC, SSW, RW, CFDC

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.3 FBG 6. Just enjoying a little bit of peace and quiet before heading off to swimming lessons with the boys. Hubby already gone to the last league match of the season so I made the mistake of watching some of the Sunday politics programmes. Why oh why are they allowed to get away with not answering questions? I include all politicians in this. We're lucky we still have a TV. So much for quiet time.
B. TAG with ADOC. 2 slices of the new brot toasted with sliced tomato and grated cheese and a boiled egg.
L. Will be at swimming.
D. I'd decided on fish but purchased a selection with no clear idea at the time what I would do with it - I just knew this was fish that goes together. Finally came to a decision. Will do sole fillets stuffed with prawn, scallops and a salmon/bassa/parmesan puree to bind. Oven baked with a white wine/lemon butter sauce. Will serve with samphire, spinach and rustica mushrooms. Hubby can have Jersey royals with it.
I've not been put off SF jelly so jelly, raspberries and a little of Morrisons LC ice cream to follow.
Usual campari and soda and I may have a wee prosecco as the boys are off school tomorrow for an "in service" day.
@Chook - I thought she was flat at times too and makes too much effort to be controversial for the sake of it.
@Tipitoo - since Peter Parker is still in residence on my phone app front page, Question - I think it's a huntsman although the huntsman I have seen in Australia have been more hairy and darker. It does seem to have the stripes on it's legs though. Q2- is it alive? It has a kind of desiccated look about it? Still don't fancy it BBQ'd or deep fried though.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not quite what I have eaten today, but something definitely to be eaten soon in Chez Bee Just sharing these recent Guardian Foid Anna Jones recipes for fellow aubergine lovers out there....the first recipe looks amazing and LC!

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...recipes-wedges-pistachio-crumb-curry-tamarind

In terms of the second recipe there, if anyone has a source of Thai or Holy basil in UK ( I know of one, but it's eyewateringly costed), please let me know.

I have a couple of packs of seed, but not too immediate!

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In terms of the second recipe there, if anyone has a source of Thai or Holy basil in UK ( I know of one, but it's eyewateringly costed), please let me know.

I think I've seen it in Waitrose, but probably expensive. Best bet would probably be an Asian supermarket / ethnic foods store, if you have access to one.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'd seen in on there @maglil55 , but with delivery it comes to £5, which seems somewhat disproportionate.

I'll just have to get organised with the seeds, as it is so different from our standard basil.

@BibaBee - Last I was in HO, looked a the local Korean place, but no joy. To be fair that was on a Monday and there wasb't much fruit and veg at all.

I'm in HO some time this week, and want to pick up some more Kimchi, so will look again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 :)

No worries. :)
I hate nagging this thread to get back on topic, because I love this thread, and I love all of you.
But the reason it is such a fab thread, is because of the magic combo of lots of food, and friendly updates.
When that gets swamped by other stuff, it stops being those things.

Don’t get me wrong. Just because I loathe the Eurovision doesn’t mean you aren’t all welcome to chunter ad infinitum.
But maybe take it to a chat thread.
I know we have had hysterically funny EVSC chat threads in other years. :)

Completely agree. Mea culpa. I’m just embarrassed that I should be caught derailing over such an ignominious topic!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Try an ethnic supermarket. The Turkish one I go to in Sheffield sells several different types in huge bunches for £1 each along with various types of coriander and other herbs - including some I've never heard of.

Reactions: DCUKMod

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I must be the only one on this thread that wasn’t watching Eurovision last night.

OMAD day today, combined with a long canal walk and far too much shopping. Wasn’t meant to be buying clothes, but.......at least I did get what I went for - my Dad’s 80th Birthday presents - too.

My food app is knowingly telling me that ‘eating beef helps keep you on track’. Won’t argue with that. Dinner was oxtail. Was running low on bones so threw in a piece of bone marrow from Waitrose. Delicious combination with a very rich gravy: enough of that left for another couple of meals. Followed by extra thick Jersey cream - @Chook reverse of yours: cream, no fruit (or anything else).

C75F0EEA-C38C-48A7-8E75-9BD33A8E1F56.jpeg

Viv19

I quite enjoyed it in a strange kind of way but its too long, too many terrible songs. I think its time Madge stopped dressing up silly but wow she is flexible for an old girl! I dont know whats with the eye patch though! I love her back catalogue but wont be buying into this reinvention!

She just loves herself so much.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I must be the only one on this thread that wasn’t watching Eurovision last night.

OMAD day today, combined with a long canal walk and far too much shopping. Wasn’t meant to be buying clothes, but.......at least I did get what I went for - my Dad’s 80th Birthday presents - too.

My food app is knowingly telling me that ‘eating beef helps keep you on track’. Won’t argue with that. Dinner was oxtail. Was running low on bones so threw in a piece of bone marrow from Waitrose. Delicious combination with a very rich gravy: enough of that left for another couple of meals. Followed by extra thick Jersey cream - @Chook reverse of yours: cream, no fruit (or anything else).

View attachment 33012
I look at oxtail on the counter at Waitrose but dont know how to cook it. Any suggestions bearin mind I dont have an IP (?) yet!

Reactions: gennepher and Chook

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
full cooked breakfast , then some dark chocolate and walnuts at 11.30. Just checked sugar 5.1 and i am really hungry now waiting for some chicken breasts in garlic and butter to cook along with some broccoli and brussels sprouts , followed by strawberries blueberries walnuts and double cream for dessert. That's my lot for the day .