What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1559812216647.jpg

Lizzie34

Hi
I'm new to this. Recently been told I'm pre-diabetic.
I have been cecking my glucose levels in the morning, before lunch and 90min after.
My glucose is between 4.4 and 5.2 before and 90min after lunch but for some reason it's between 5.8 and 6.2 when fasting. When I eat cereals it's the Nestlé shreded wheat wich is low in sugar with skinny milk but mostly it's soup (no potatoes) or salads.
Anyone has any idea why?

Reactions: Prem51 and Viv19

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.7 today

been raining all day here but I was inside volunteering today so it's all good, hope it improves by Saturday because mum is getting a visitor for the weekend, though perhaps he won't mind because he's going fishing ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Viv19

Hi
I have been cecking my glucose levels in the morning, before lunch and 90min after.
My glucose is between 4.4 and 5.2 before and 90min after lunch but for some reason it's between 5.8 and 6.2 when fasting. When I eat cereals it's the Nestlé shreded wheat wich is low in sugar with skinny milk but mostly it's soup (no potatoes) or salads.
Anyone has any idea why?

I don’t know how to link Lizzie to Daisy. I think she needs some info. Anybody?

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning... a bit disappointed but life goes on... I am also not happy with my Onglyza which I believe is causing muscle pain and some weakness in legs.... i am inclined to stop it though my doctor won’t be happy. I am thinking of having a small serving of whey protein drink - probably half a serving / with main meals. As I understand whey does pretty much what Onglyza does. DPP Inhibitor to increase insulin production. I know we need to address insulin resistance and not just increase insulin production but till i am able to get some insulin sensitivity back (with increased work out), I think whey is probably a better way to generate a bit more insulin than Onglyza. At least i get some protein in and hopefully less side effects. I never imagined managing this would be such a painful balancing act

Hope everyone is having a good day and looking forward to a good weekend

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi
Anyone has any idea why?
Welcome to the forum @Lizzie34. Morning fasting blood glucose levels can often be higher due to 'Dawn Phemomenon' where the liver dumps stored glucose into the blood stream as we wake to get us going for the day.
Shredded Wheat, along with all cereals, isn't good for Type 2 diabetics or pre-diabetics, as they are high in starchy carbohydrates which turn to sugar quickly in our bodies.
It's good you have a bg meter as that will help you determine which foods raise your bgs.
Read @daisy1 's information and have a read round the forum and ask any questions you want to.

Flic2019

How can we help, @Flic2019 ? What is going on? I think we have all felt despair at one time or another. Don’t give up.

I honestly don’t know. I had a really good day. I excercised. I drank water. I didn’t have any carbs.
Just sometimes feels like it’s for nothing.

I’m down to 10.6 this morning which is a great improvement. Maybe yesterday was just an anomaly xxx