What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

[QUOTE="maglil55, post: 2081037, member: USER=502009]@Viv19[/USER] - Other than what I suggested I wouldn't make any more changes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that maglil55. I’ll give it a try when we’re home again.

Breakfast LC toasted roll with cheese. Berries with Greek yoghurt.
Lunch at our friend’s son and partner’s house. They made a special effort to cook food that I could eat (after consulting his mum) Cucumber and carrot sticks with humus. Roast beef, broccoli, carrot and parsnip purée (especially made for me), a tiny portion of cauliflower cheese, some carrot sticks, clear gravy.
White wine, lots of water. Then berries with double cream. Coffee
It’s so kind of them to go to such trouble to help me stay LC. Lovely people.
Later, almonds, tea. Even later brandy soda and some cashews (couldn’t resist).
Bedtime bg 6.5 lower than I expected. Odd, I thought it would be higher again.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I've caught up again. @Tori71 - welcome back. @shelley262 - Oh how I remember the early days with a Libre. I too had the same look of horror when I saw the size of the javelin to insert the sensor. I thought originally the needle was stuck in you for 14 days - thankfully it was just for insertion. I was also fascinated to see what happened overnight. @DJC3 - the was a woman I used to work beside and she was what I referred to as a "professional viewer". She would spend her weekends viewing properties just to be nosy. I found it atrocious. Fed up with bacon? This landed in my in box today.

https://betterthanbreadketo.com/25-...akfast_recipes_for_summer&utm_term=2019-06-23.

@Viv19 - there's a pavlova recipe on my CMT but its spread over 3 recipes. One for LC lemon curd another for LC Meringue. The main recipe was adapted from a Nigella recipe for a Lemon meringue pavlova. PS you still don't have the recipe circle right. I'll look it up tomorrow and PM you.

Today! Bed 5.8 FBG 7.4

B. TAG with ADOC. 2 rashers back bacon and a fried egg.
L. Nothing - way too busy for feeding the masses. Got another skinny loaf made and a double batch of LC creme brulee ready for their caramel top. Also had a non low carb caramel and chocolate cake for the carb eaters.
D. Usual campari and soda. Big meal today.
Starter, they had a choice of mortadella, bresaola, Parma ham, salami, roasted artichokes, roasted peppers and black olives, Honduran prawns, fresh anchovies, pate, garlic bread and over half my just made bread was cut. The bread they all went for was the skinny bread! No, I didnt have everything.
Main was Rick Stein's beef stroganoff - I used a whole fillet for it. Served a la Rick with straw chips (celeriac chips for me).
Dessert - only 2 had the caramel choc bar. The rest had the LC creme brulee and wouldn't believe it was LC because it tasted "just like creme brulee). Dessert also had a mix of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
Large quantities of wine was consumed as well as beers and ciders!
If they had doubts about the creme brulee being LC they were more stunned by the LC Baileys they had with coffee. Got a bottle made last night. Dishwasher on it's 3rd cycle so off to bed now.

PS where's @zauberflote got to?

Thanks for the breakfast link - I might play about with that overnight oats recipe - I hadn’t thought of using hemp hearts in it. I like them in salads and think they’d give a good texture.
Your meal sounds amazing, no wonder everyone was bowled over.

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's something not right since they updated the App. It's fine on the tablet or laptop but on the smartphone app I find a load of posts that are there on the tablet are not there on the phone and yet the number of posts are correct. I also agree that it's odd when you reply. You have to move the cursor to comment otherwise it's above the original post which is in Quotes. Think I'll stick to the tablet as much as possible.

Maglil and @DJC3 - Could you please give me a specific example of where you are seeing a problem - ideally a thread and post number, so that I can have the issue investigated by the clever techster folks? If you're having issues, others probably are too.

Not using the app regularly, I wouldn't notice it. :(

I know it can be a bit small on a phone, but if I do log onto the forum on my phone, more often than not, I'll use my browser.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With everyone's fabulous food, if we lived closer together, I'd be suggesting a supper club. The reality is everyone would be otherwise engaged for mine! Some of you are such inventive cooks. I take my hat off to you.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maglil and @DJC3 - Could you please give me a specific example of where you are seeing a problem - ideally a thread and post number, so that I can have the issue investigated by the clever techster folks? If you're having issues, others probably are too.

Not using the app regularly, I wouldn't notice it. :(

I know it can be a bit small on a phone, but if I do log onto the forum on my phone, more often than not, I'll use my browser.

Hi @DCUKMod the problem I noticed was when replying to post 28804. I didn’t see the 2 final paragraphs until I pressed the reply button - then the whole post appeared in my quote. I looked back at it a couple of times and it was still there - half the post visible to me, and directly underneath was my reply quoting the whole thing.
I’ve looked back now to find the post number and the whole thing is now visible ion the initial post as well as my reply so maybe it’s already sorted

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DCUKMod the problem I noticed was when replying to post 28804. I didn’t see the 2 final paragraphs until I pressed the reply button - then the whole post appeared in my quote. I looked back at it a couple of times and it was still there - half the post visible to me, and directly underneath was my reply quoting the whole thing.
I’ve looked back now to find the post number and the whole thing is now visible ion the initial post as well as my reply so maybe it’s already sorted

Thanks for doing that. :)

I've just looked on the App, and see it all, but I do note Viv had edited the post, so no idea if that makes a difference. If you, or @maglil55 see any other instances, would you please note the thread and post details and I'll have it checked out.

Reactions: Viv19

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I've just looked on the App, and see it all, but I do note Viv had edited the post, so no idea if that makes a difference. If you, or @maglil55 see any other instances, would you please note the thread and post details and I'll have it checked out.
Post no 28684 - 28691 are totally different posts to the ones I can see on my tablet. I only noticed because I was looking back to see my last post for catch up and I knew 28684 was missing as that was my day from hell with the car.
Originally the post count was correct on the mobile but now it is missing 7 but they are there somewhere.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Post no 28684 - 28691 are totally different posts to the ones I can see on my tablet. I only noticed because I was looking back to see my last post for catch up and I knew 28684 was missing as that was my day from hell with the car.
Originally the post count was correct on the mobile but now it is missing 7 but they are there somewhere.

I see them all on my phone and browser. How odd.

On your App, @maglil55 and @DJC3 - could you hard close it, by hitting your home button twice, the swiping upwards to close the app, and try again?

(Sorry to be deflecting things a bit folks!)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been so off it recently. That does not mean that I have not been cooking or even eating anything.
I have however been thinking about protein and the idea from some corners of the multiverse that the most efficient protein metabolists and weight management items are chicken, cheese and eggs.

So, I have been playing with a tamagoyaki pan (google! Will guide you) -
Tonight, a five egg Japanese omelette containing bacon, onion, mushroom and spinach accompanied by cauliflower steaks roasted in chicken fat with a parmesan crust.

View attachment 33887

View attachment 33890
Omg that Japanese omelette looks amazing and like something in a food magazine. You are clearly a very accomplished cook. You wouldnt want to see my omelettes though they do taste good.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sure thing

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

On your App, @maglil55 and @DJC3 - could you hard close it, by hitting your home button twice, the swiping upwards to close the app, and try again?

I always do that every time I finish on here anyway - to save battery life ( no idea if it works like that) but maybe that was the cause of my issue which is why it looks ok now - I’ve closed the app since seeing it first time. I’ll do it immediately if I notice it again though.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I hit the Home button (on the side menu) it closes after I hit it once so I have to open the side menu again. I can't hit it twice without the side menu closing.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always do that every time I finish on here anyway - to save battery life ( no idea if it works like that) but maybe that was the cause of my issue which is why it looks ok now - I’ve closed the app since seeing it first time. I’ll do it immediately if I notice it again though.

One thing I didn't ask you, or @maglil55 is if you're Apple or Android? I'm Apple, so may not necessarily to seeing the same thing

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Catch up a little bit more since guests are of to bed and Hubby gas conked out. I'm just waiting to load the dishwasher again.
Bed Thursday 7.1 FBG 7.4. - Friday once more, boys 1/2 day at school, Physio straight after school run and decided we're just having a Thai with the in laws tonight (they're out and about visiting currently).
B. Usual TAG with ADOC. No time for anything else - school run then physio.
L. Inbetween feeding boys - 2 boiled eggs with a tablespoon of mustard mayo I mixed for a dip.
D. I picked at the thai so it was bits of the different dishes - made my cauli rice with spring onion, peas and tamari soy. With it 1/4 of chicken toast, 2 ribs, veg tempura but I took most of the tempura off. Couple spoons of duck with veg and tamarind, bit crispy sea bass and a few bits of weeping tiger (well named - slices of sirloin with the most eye watering sauce. Not surprising when you see the chilli seeds floating on top).

Large quantities of prosecco were consumed by SIL and myself.

Saturday

Bed 7 FBG 6.8

B. TAG with ADOC and a lot of water.
L. Nothing toi much shopping to do.
D. Leftovers - mixed up the remains of the duck and veg with more cauli rice, last single rib and reheated last of the weeping tiger with the eye watering sauce. Heat even more intense so had some halo top I found in the freezer with raspberries and blackberries.
Even more water!!

@Chook - smiling at the bedding stories. I recall my departed MIL was very fond of bri nylon sheets. Don't know how many experienced them but I hated them. You could build up static and usually found yourself sliding downwards ever time you moved!
@dunelm - like the look of your omelette.

I remember nylon sheets very well - horrible things! My ex MIL used to get hers from Brentford Nylons (amazing the stuff i remember from way back when). Her nylon sheets used to build up static electricity which made my hair stand on end and if i wore anything made of a similar fabric to bed the nightwear and the sheets would cling to me and ti each other and i got a mini crackly static firework display as i turned over or got out of bed. I have Egyptian cotton now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One thing I didn't ask you, or @maglil55 is if you're Apple or Android? I'm Apple, so may not necessarily to seeing the same thing
I'm Android. Just wondering if a hard reset will work. I've also signed on via Chrome and the posts are there so it's just the phone app they are missing.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So yesterday I had a niggling sore throat - which was no surprise after the morning spent in the doctor's waiting room last Friday (I invariably catch some bug or other at the doctor's). Over night it has escalated and I've woken to a headache, sore throat, 2 x ear ache, sneezing and wheezing. My FBG was 9.8 even though i didn't eat at all after 5pm yesterday. :arghh: (I'm really annoyed about this cos I've just managed to get it back down to normal after my holiday.)

Today...

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Lunch: the only strawberries that were red (all three of them) from the garden - lovely taste but hurt my throat to swallow them

Dinner: deconstructed scotch eggs (leftover cold high meat content chipolatas and cold boiled eggs) with a bit of mixed salad (if I feel like it) and some coleslaw

Drinks: black decaff coffee, water

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DCUKMod
I noticed your discussion with others and @maglil55 about 'missing' posts on the app, if that is what you are talking about.
I go on to the app first because I get numbered alerts from that. I have an iPhone.
But like someone above mentioned, there seem to be missing posts, maybe 6 or 7 from the app, so I go over to web page, still on my iPhone, and I find them there.
I assumed this was my poor connection because the app appears to struggle a little initially when I open it up, that is it doesn't load immediately.
The web page doesn't have that problem on the iPhone. Even though I have gone over to it straight away.

I have found this happening several times.

I close the app down each time, that is I swipe it off the, I don't know exactly what you call it, the set of open apps that are there when you double press the button. I am always swiping those off every day.

Hope this helps.

>^..^<

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm Android. Just wondering if a hard reset will work. I've also signed on via Chrome and the posts are there so it's just the phone app they are missing.

Delete then reinstall the app????

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK. I'll raise this missing posts issue with the techies. I did use the app this monig when cross referencing from @DJC3 and @maglil55 .

A reinstall could be helpful. It's often the first thing the techies suggest, but I'll let them know anyway.

I do know there is a new version of the Android App in the release queue (not at DCUK, but wherever they go for release). I know this for another reason, but just saying. You'll likely have an update alert in the very near future.