What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC lovethe pic but wonder what they are looking at! I love the sound of your Independence Day picnic. Hope you and the KC enjoy it. Your FBG is steady and 6s though I complain are OK. Good idea to be organised with the paperwork because the way life works if you get the green light then its action stations!

Thank you for that positive support.

Good question as to what they're looking at! Can't be breakfast at a second-story window can it??!! :)

Viv19

Sage advice as always, thank you.

This is the kind of thing that Dennis is scared of when he hears scarey loud noises.
IMG_5358.jpg

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Min min wanting some attention this morning.

Busy day ahead, starting with a visit to the biochemistry lab to provide more samples for the series of diagnostic tests ordered by the doctors. The office followed, most importantly by a flight to London this evening.

Really looking forward to that. A chance to get way from it all for a few days of R&R
20190704_074305.jpeg
20190704_074226.jpeg
20190704_074212.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.9 today
At least it is still in single figures

The sky is blue and the sun is shining.

I am now officially 70 years old today!

It’s only 6:30 am but I still need to figure out how to do a feather string painting for my art group this afternoon...so off into the garage now to paint...take my cwc.

Am taking strawberries and cream to art as a birthday cake (!) so I can share with everyone.

Have a good day
>^..^<

Viv19

6.7 this morning and I stood on the scales as well . Well that was a shock. I thought I’d at least shaken off at least a couple of kgs but not.
Loads to do today. Workers arrive very early in Germany so any minute now (7.30 our time) they could roll up to fill in the hole in the ground from the burst pipe. The weeds have taken over the garden, spiders the house, I keep walking through webs without seeing them. Visitors and foster dog arriving tomorrow. Beds to make, food to buy, webs to smash.
Thank heavens and helpful observant neighbours that we have water in the house.
And the grass has grown - it’s almost a lawn now- all the fertiliser and seed I’ve thrown at it over the past months seems to have worked.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wispa finds the shade whenever she’s in the garden

She will sunbathe for around 10 minutes and then get up and walk to where there is a shaded place

Ian good luck with the house move

We downsized in 2016 to a house with a teeny weeny garden as the old garden was like a park and too big for me to manage

Here’s what it was like

View attachment 33988

Very very pretty. Small but perfectly f
And here’s what we have now

View attachment 33989
Have a good weekend IAN

Regards
Ian

She will sunbathe for around 10 minutes and then get up and walk to where there is a shaded place

We downsized in 2016 to a house with a teeny weeny garden as the old garden was like a park and too big for me to manage

Here’s what it was like

View attachment 33988

View attachment 33989
Have a good weekend IAN

Regards
Ian
Very very pretty. Small but perfectly formed.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy birthday!

Pavlos
9.9 today

It’s only 6:30 am but I still need to figure out how to do a feather string painting for my art group this afternoon...so off into the garage now to paint...take my cwc.

Am taking strawberries and cream to art as a birthday cake (!) so I can share with everyone.

Have a good day
>^..^<

MisplacedIdentity

6.4 this morning, I woke up with hot shakes and really hungry at 4:45 am but this could be down to nerves as today is day one of my first holiday as a diabetic. Little steps but very nervous, I keep checking to make sure I've packed everything including my prescription just in case. It's a good job I'm staying in the UK!

Just waiting for the rest of my family to wake up now then we can get on the road.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Happy birthday, looks like a wonderful day ahead :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.9 today

Have a good day
>^..^<

Happy Birthday! and many happy returns :)
^. .^

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Here’s what it was like

View attachment 33988

View attachment 33989
Have a good weekend IAN

Regards
Ian

While we are talking large gardens, me and hubby have just finished renovation of a house. The garden was a jungle. Just because I'm quite proud, here are before and after pics. Front and back of house. Still cant believe it to be honest.

Attachments

• 20180928_180213_resized.jpg
    20180928_180213_resized.jpg
    959.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 20180928_175637_resized.jpg
    20180928_175637_resized.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG-20190625-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20190625-WA0013.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 20190622_120654_resized.jpg
    20190622_120654_resized.jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG-20190625-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20190625-WA0026.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG-20190625-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20190625-WA0025.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 228

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news about wispa and the shade. We are downsizing the land maybe 10 years earlier than I wanted but grandchildren care is also forcing the move. Your previous garden looks lovely - we have an orchard area, a vegetable area, chickens , children'splay areas and about 4 hours a week grass cutting which will go down to 10/15 minutes a week so I understand the effort involved in managing larger gardens. Could easily fit 10 of the new house, with much larger gardens, onto this plot. Is your 4.1 today a little low or just on the border?
4 HOURS a week cutting grass! You dont need to go to any gym that's for sure! You will so much more time on your hands after you downsize. Win win.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning. I dislike filling forms etc so I leave it until the last minute, which is today. So I will do my usual and mither about it for two hours, then take 10 mins to complete it before needing a stiff drink to celebrate ;)

I am the same way. I got up and out early this morning to pick up printouts and make copies; then home and collated all those and only then did I finish filling out the KittenCat's form for our possible new apartment.
Your reward sounds much better than mine -- chocolate cupcake and milk. :(