What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Summer seems set to extend to 4 days here so soupy fish. Happy 70th @gennepher and the art class with strawberries and cream seems from your posts to be ideal for you. Potting shed to follow? @pavlosn fabulous garden and enjoy London. @johnpol hugs for the unexpected high and @karen8967 hug for the holiday hypo. My fbg was 5.9 which is pants in and of itself but a second order issue today. Right knee almost the size of my quad and foot red and angry. My own fault for eating turkey and steak this week ( normally both ok but disastrous with virus/hay fever) 4 codeine and 3 naproxen at zero dark 40 does not lead to good fbg. A day on the recliner with lots of tea and tablets for me, turkey for the dog and red meat back on the banned list. Enjoy you day folks. @Cumberland see above for how are you keeping.

Anything.9 is pants - and what to do with the penny change?
Hope your day improves somewhat.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anything.9 is pants - and what to do with the penny change?
Hope your day improves somewhat.
Thnaks @dunelm. There must be many others for whom lchf clashes with other conditions in a far more severe manner. I fear I caught the mood of the times and imagined being bullish would banish reality. Fortunately only 1 person suffered not whole nations so a sense of perspective will see me through. There is medication for the result of me coming face to face with reality and it is not holed up in a European warehouse.

Last edited:

Viv19

9.9 today
At least it is still in single figures

The sky is blue and the sun is shining.

I am now officially 70 years old today!

It’s only 6:30 am but I still need to figure out how to do a feather string painting for my art group this afternoon...so off into the garage now to paint...take my cwc.

Am taking strawberries and cream to art as a birthday cake (!) so I can share with everyone.

Have a good day
>^..^<

Happy birthday gennepher. Hope you’re feeling much better and can eat now.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Warning: this posting contains words of a violent nature, those of a squeamish and pacifistic nature read no further.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and the ruffty tuffties.

An aggressive 7.1 climbed out of the meter this morning looking for a fight. It leapt up hit me on the nose then tried kicking me in the teeth, so I gave it a good smack with one of Mrs J's saucepans......bad move on my part. Mrs J took exception to me using her saucepan and then belted me on the nose.

When I return from A&E if needed I will be sulking in my shed.
I would like to say have a good day but...
Absolutely howling!!! Reading that one again. Pure brilliance.

Hugs on the reading though.

Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

FBG 6.1 - 6.0 yesterday and today.

Rightly proud @Debandez ..looks great .

to those on hols, enjoy em you lucky people.

For those struggling with highs etc..big hugs.

For Denis a Hug as well, poor little fella @DJC3

The happiest of birthdays @gennepher .

A turbulent few days from what i've read, but by god your tough.
enjoy the strawberries, and good luck on the art class prep.

ps, nice to see you back and ok, @MisplacedIdentity

Love to all, have a Good Un , folks

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Absolutely howling!!! Reading that one again. Pure brilliance.

Hugs on the reading though.

Thanks but hugs not required, any reading below 10 is a good reading for me with my particular health conditions and medications. I can't do lchf , but can do the lc bit.
Glad you enjoyed the post.
Alf ( still in the shed ).

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right knee almost the size of my quad and foot red and angry
Oh dear Ian that is absolutely not fun and a cruel response to eating a bit of meat! Hope the meds are helping and the rest. I imagine staying still for very long makes you grumpy. Is there still cricket to watch? If not theres always sport of some sort somewhere. I guess a rerun of Mama Mia wouldnt cut it (rerun..I hear you say). Thats why men and women are different lol. Sending big hug. @dunelm in contrast in my world anything prefaced by a 5 is good news!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear Ian that is absolutely not fun and a cruel response to eating a bit of meat! Hope the meds are helping and the rest. I imagine staying still for very long makes you grumpy. Is there still cricket to watch? If not theres always sport of some sort somewhere. I guess a rerun of Mama Mia wouldnt cut it (rerun..I hear you say). Thats why men and women are different lol. Sending big hug. @dunelm in contrast in my world anything prefaced by a 5 is good news!
Thanks @PenguinMum. Not feeling the love for being still but hopefully 1 day should do it. Plenty of sport and a little I told you so to Julie re eating more. - as if I would. Had the Mama Mia fest at Christmas when MIL stayed - I was in my gym 3 times Christmas Day so no problem.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Birthday USA - hope everyone residing there has a safe and wonderful time - take it easy with those cakes, potato salads and parmesan tater tots.

Thank you! :)

No hotdogs or baked beans for me today and definitely no watermelon. Just hoping the forecast rain will hold off so I can see the fireworks.

6.3 this morning, down a point, that's good. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While we are talking large gardens, me and hubby have just finished renovation of a house. The garden was a jungle. Just because I'm quite proud, here are before and after pics. Front and back of house. Still cant believe it to be honest.

Great before & after pics, and that lawn makes me want to take my shoes off and run through it.

Viv19

5.8 this morning. I dislike filling forms etc so I leave it until the last minute, which is today. So I will do my usual and mither about it for two hours, then take 10 mins to complete it before needing a stiff drink to celebrate ;)

I agree- hate forms. Always pass them over to OH, otherwise the air is blue while I rant about the idiot who designed that form. Most of all I hated the miserable little forms the cabin crew used to dish out before landing.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a horrible remark. There's always one relative we all try to avoid because they are a negative influence. Every family has one. They should be banned from all family functions! I loved your response!

Am I missing something? This followed johnpol's post -- I don't get it. I didn't see any horrible remark.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 so am not sure the chocolate olive oil cakeyesterday was a good idea. Maybe two pieces was OTT. Tbh I just find treats like that are best avoided.

I tend to agree, when I first started this WOE I was making all kinds of lc cakes and puds, but don’t bother that much now - trying just to let my sweet tooth fade away.
I did feel a bit sad yesterday evening watching a program about the Ritz hotel, it mentioned their legendary afternoon teas and I thought ‘wow! I’ll never have afternoon tea again’ seemed like such an innocent pleasure for all those years ( not that I ever had one at the Ritz)

Viv19

I tend to agree, when I first started this WOE I was making all kinds of lc cakes and puds, but don’t bother that much now - trying just to let my sweet tooth fade away.
I did feel a bit sad yesterday evening watching a program about the Ritz hotel, it mentioned their legendary afternoon teas and I thought ‘wow! I’ll never have afternoon tea again’ seemed like such an innocent pleasure for all those years ( not that I ever had one at the Ritz)

I agree. It was especially irritating when we stopped on the autobahn and the only food sold was all either sweet bakes, muffins (I love muffins) or good ingredients wrapped up in (delicious looking) bread baguettes or rolls. If I can’t eat it, then it should only be old stale stuff and it should definitely not look so appetising. Then I try to remind myself how I reached this life controlling T2 condition.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum thank you. :) I hope you and your girlcats are having a good day. The KittenCat woke me up for breakfast and is now curled up in her house sleeping it off. ^. .^

@ianpspurs a very gentle light hug and a wish for peaceful R&R today.

@alf_Josiah I observed a bit of female-independence bonding with Mrs @alf_Josiah by watching a bit of Wimbledon on the TV during breakfast -- I couldn't stick it out -- tennis is only a bit less boring to me than baseball.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I wish my sweet tooth would fade away. With the loss of teeth I have had over the past several years, I'd've thought one of them could have been my sweet tooth but evidently not ...

I've had tea at Brown's, does that count?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do any of us check our happiness meters every morning?

Is there any device that can measure our happiness level? Even looking at the glass, it's hard to tell if it's half full or half empty.

I get it that eating a cupcake with a glass of milk doesn't make for happiness, any more than eating beef or turkey does, although moules can if they're fresh enough, likewise G&Ts.

But what is the equivalent "shot in the arm" for a basal or bolus, of happiness or not-happiness?

Should the NHS/Medicare offer a cat or dog to every member? Apparently not.

A garden or a non-garden? To be taken with bare feet and a digger dog or a "shrewish" cat (not the "Kate" kind)?

I'm off to get a second cup of coffee and maybe take a shower. Cleanliness is next to ...
hot coffee?

Or tea?

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness @SaskiaKC that is very philosophical. My personal happiness daily comes from the wellbeing of my little family (including girl cats) and people who matter most to me. My Diabetes happiness comes from trying my best to control it while having something nice to eat at the same time but that is very much aided and abetted by all of you good folks on rhe forum. It would be a lot harder without you all and I love the bantz. Long may it continue. I think of us as a Diatribe.
Edit: maybe best to “offer” rather than “issue” a cat or dog