Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP I am so so impressed! Just been telling my husband what you have done. Don’t know about today’s top banana award but certainly this years. Are you nervous at all that it may give you more than you need, or confident with your alarm?

Reactions: Robinredbreast

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP I am so so impressed! Just been telling my husband what you have done. Don’t know about today’s top banana award but certainly this years. Are you nervous at all that it may give you more than you need, or confident with your alarm?
I’ve set a limit as to how much it can give, plus it has redundancies built in so if it gets lost or breaks while on a higher temp basal, it’ll just go back to the pre-programmed setting after half an hour, same as with the original remote control. I’ve got my usual alarm set on my watch, so I get an alert at 4.3 - I can either snooze that or act on it. Plus I do still have good hypo awareness! So yes, it’s unapproved, and things can go wrong. But then, pumps and injections that are “above board” can go wrong - I imagine most of us have given the long acting dose with the short acting pen before! I certainly have.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks chaps! It seems to be doing the thing to make the relevant adjustments. I’ve had to reduce my programmed basal rates for late in the day slightly, and have taken a couple of glucose tabs here or there. The hypo mid afternoon was when I’d just activated the Loop but wasn’t able to tell it I still had a bit of IOB from lunch. Impressed with it all so far...

CB462760-23BC-4040-ADCC-346468DF5245.png

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Off to bed now, very pleased with walking today, as I have done 27.216 steps and it turned out quite hot this afternoon, I had lovely walks at two locations with ponds and streams, the Swans had five signets. Goodnight guys zzzzzz

DSC_0724.JPG
DSC_0732.JPG
Bird family and men with their motorised boats at top of pic

DSC_0734.JPG

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Another lovely sunny morning all and some heat and light wind later.

I've got to go to the vet's this morning something to do with the X ray I had done........... wondering what they've found. I fell on slippy wet cobbles in Viseu in early April and my left arm hasn't been working properly since. It can't be broken because I can still move it but it does hurt.

More tip and nettle fighting in that order and I've got to rescue the blackcurrants from bindweed.
Madam was good all yesterday, 4s and 5s, snuck up to 6.2 after supper
Happy Thursday 5.7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Another lovely sunny morning all and some heat and light wind later.

I've got to go to the vet's this morning something to do with the X ray I had done........... wondering what they've found. I fell on slippy wet cobbles in Viseu in early April and my left arm hasn't been working properly since. It can't be broken because I can still move it but it does hurt.

More tip and nettle fighting in that order and I've got to rescue the blackcurrants from bindweed.
Madam was good all yesterday, 4s and 5s, snuck up to 6.2 after supper
Happy Thursday 5.7

Morning, sorry to read about your arm, but you have to go the vets this morning about an x ray you had done on you ? ? Or am I reading it wrong, so early in the morning :oops:

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys, awoke on 7.7 and it's rising. The sun is blinding here, incredibly bright, gonna be a hot one today,
so take care out and about in the sun.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning, sorry to read about your arm, but you have to go the vets this morning about an x ray you had done on you ? ? Or am I reading it wrong, so early in the morning :oops:
lol, a family thing, my brother always called the doctor the quack or vet. I think quack is rude but the vet has stuck so you read correctly.
School run for you today or are they still on holiday?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
lol, a family thing, my brother always called the doctor the quack or vet. I think quack is rude but the vet has stuck so you read correctly.
School run for you today or are they still on holiday?

Thanks for clearing that up lol.
Off on the school run very soon, so better get a move on.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
My family always calls the doc "the quack". We mean no disrespect but after this many years it's hard not to.

Took a couple of "me" days - silence as far as possible. Well worth it in terms of mental calmness.

Got my eye drop prescription filled - sodium cromlogicate - brilliant for itchy hayfever eyes and OK for me. Combined with the Optrex itchy eye spray and the Beconase they keep it roughly under control.

Boss is on holiday; hoping for a relatively calm day but I think I jinxed it by thinking about it!

Pile on the sun cream folks - or be like me, hide indoors and stay pale and not too interesting. (I burn, very badly and very quickly).

Reactions: porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a good day need to drop basal by another half unit as levels dropping hypo quite regular i have been checking this with fingerprick as dont quite trust my libre oh the joys

Reactions: WuTwo

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In Bloom judging this afternoon. Have done hours of voluntary gardening this week. Am jiggered and looking forwards to a glass of wine tonight. I cut my finger over arthritic jutting out knuckle yesterday. Had a freak accident whilst chopping coriander. The knife jumped out of my hand and back down onto forefinger. Ouch! Cue lots of blood and blaspheming! Sugars then climbed throughout the night and awoke on a 12. Put in 3 units and 11/2 hours later had only just started to go down. This has been at odds with the past couple of months and have newly opened insulin, so wondering if the finger may have something to do with it. Who knows!
Enjoy what is supposed to be a lovely day again everyone. Two days in a row here. As my grandson keeps saying amazing! Sounds funny coming from the mouth of a 2 year old. Even the tiny ant he spotted was .....‘amazing!’

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well, here at the office and not feeling remotely "worky". Taking bets with myself that the other two will be late because they know the boss is here and his phone has forgotten the passwords for the various email accounts so he can't email in and ask me if they're in. I know this because I got an urgent text from the airport asking me to Whatsapp them to him. I would, happily, if I had Whatsapp. Not prepared to install it just to do that, so am waiting for one of the others to come in - I know they've got it. They just haven't got the passwords haha!

Can imagine boss frothing angrily on some Greek Island! :joyful::joyful:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Knikki - going anywhere specific or just day-tripping?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning

Car in for MOT so I'm "working" from home. Once done need to sort out Diving Licence Renewal thing, then off on holiday for the next week. Should be fun.
fingers crossed for MOT, I'll have to check my driving licence now. I'm off to Toulouse on Wed.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Off to foreign and strange lands...……………...Anglesey ;):hilarious:

Were renting a holiday cottage thing somewhere so chill out and do nothing...………..except eat cake.
Love Anglesey, do you know they have grey squirrel watch on the Menai Bridge

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin all. Have a great day.
Bit of time away while sorting out a pile of finance stuff. Walked lots into and around the town to do it all and Hamish has behaved very well, he’s often better than the other, also deemed congenitally deformed, knee. Can’t face having that one done yet, too much to do so if it’s working most of the time I ain’t fixing it yet.
Bloods either lovely smooth low level of the blue line or arguing with me about heather it’s ok to reduce another 0.5 on the basal. Found myself placing a protective hand over the sensor whenever a party of backpacked kids or tourists were close. Maybe Abbot could install a warning if the sensor gets to close to a threat: ‘stand clear, electronic device’? Any suggestions?
@Mel dCP, wow, wow and more wow! You’re spearheading the future.
Hope your finger’s not infected @becca59, and good luck at the vet’s @SueJB. Reckon a vet would read an x-ray as well as a doc, but how much would they charge
Lovely photos @Robinredbreast, and today looks to be warm enough to have to restrain the wish to jump into the water with the ducks and moorhens.
Good luck with the MOT and the renewal stuff @Knikki. Those forms seems to have an ability to create highs and hypos just working out whether you need to fill in 3a, 4c, or jump to 5*****.

Reactions: hh1 and SueJB

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Ear syringing today....woohoo will be able to hear again :) Then I have the diabetic team this afternoon.
Another HBA1C

@Knikki Angelsey is beautiful.......well to be honest ALL of Wales is....Cymru am byth
The dreaded MOT test. People hate them for some reason.......

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Good grief - we're all so busy! I plan to spend the whole day (when I get out of this place) doing not too much at all. Got to do something towards the evening meal but other than that there's Wimbledon, a comfy new sofa and two cuddly dogs. What more could a woman want?